MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgillian
T27l4kXktbXXXXXXXX_%21%21668693.jpg_310x310.jpg

UP : BLUSH HER BLOOMING CHEEK
DOWN: BLUSH my highland honey

sorry I took the pic under very bad lights.

The pink blush for me!!
mac_haul.gif
heart.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
That is a great idea, spunky! Thank you!
heart.gif
I keep my wish list for perm items on MAC website under Favorites. Does anybody do the same?
tong.gif

I probably should, but I don't!
tong.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
no problem
smiles.gif

i'm such a gigantic geek that i have a word document with a list of all the products i want, have, which are LE/perm and release dates with what i'm planning on getting. totally dorky, but it keeps me sane when launch day comes!

I do the same! But, I have separate documents: one for collections, one for reg. perm, and one for pro.

Quote:
if the rest of the colour collection is as good as the pigments sound and blushes look, i'll probably skip the palettes unless they're something really special. i can see myself getting everything in the colour collection just now
mac_haul.gif

I'll be skipping the palettes anyway, most likely. But, I am going to get at least one thing with Tartan print. I am determined.
girl_devil.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
The pink blush for me!!
mac_haul.gif
heart.gif

Me too!
yes.gif
cutey.gif

LMD84

i love how organised we are! i have a document of perm items wanted, le items wanted and then a spreadsheet of all the mac products that i own
smiles.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i love how organised we are! i have a document of perm items wanted, le items wanted and then a spreadsheet of all the mac products that i own
smiles.gif

And one more for nail polishes
winks.gif

peachsuns

Quote:
the holiday colour collection is usually in the normal black packaging, but the sets should have special packaging and the lipsticks included in the lip bags will.

i don't think they could call this 'a tartan tale' and not have tartan packaging on the sets
smiles.gif

Hehe. Thanks!
th_wink3.gif
Cannot wait for the next update!
th_DANCE.gif
I have a high hope for the color collection part.
th_e2cloud9.gif

Glad to know you guys are very organized.
yes.gif

GoldenFairy

Quote:
nope, they are powder
graucho.gif

Thank you so much for the picture of the blushes -they look yummy! May I ask what finish these blushes are? TIA.

Camnagem

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
It wasn't me who came up with it: all credit goes to camnagem! She created the system.
love.gif

friends.gif
drinks.gif

I just got so sick of not having budget room to make big hauls of perm stuff over the years...this way at least I can start chipping away at the huge list!

Quote:
T27l4kXktbXXXXXXXX_%21%21668693.jpg_310x310.jpg

UP : BLUSH HER BLOOMING CHEEK
DOWN: BLUSH my highland honey

That pink blush will be mine without a doubt! Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
I like her idea, too.
yes.gif

I have a huge permanent list. Where should I even start?
cutey.gif

friends.gif

I decided I'm picking up Perm items that will fit the best with the new LE collection items I'm hauling at the time. If my haul is lip heavy I'll be getting an e/s or blush and if it's eye/cheek heavy...a lip item. Brushes I still need/want are the hard part, but I think I'll pick them up when my haul is on the smaller than normal size. My Perm item with the FF collection will probably be Rebel l/s (Kittenish seems too warm for me).

Quote:
i'm such a gigantic geek that i have a word document with a list of all the products i want, have, which are LE/perm and release dates with what i'm planning on getting. totally dorky, but it keeps me sane when launch day comes!

Yay geeks!
type.gif

I have a huge Excel spreadsheet going on, makes it so much easier for me to keep things organized/planned!

Almus

Both blushes look amazing!

Although if I put some head into the shopping process I would come up with the fact that I own enough pink blushes by now ... but ... omg omg omg I'll get both of them!!! =D

silentstorm143

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztdlilangel
Yes and its so very hard to tell them no when they look at you with those beautiful little faces
th_wink3.gif

Agreed I find it harder to say no to them than to give up my itty bitty monies put aside. So I am very careful when I do say no to them that I mean it plus it makes it so much harder to say no when they don't really ask for anything.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenFairy
Thank you so much for the picture of the blushes -they look yummy! May I ask what finish these blushes are? TIA.

iagree.gif
this would be good to know!
smiles.gif

PinkBasset

When I got into Mac I didn't know they had LE collections out all the time. I thought they are like other brands - collection per season. So I hauled permanent items alot then. Alot.
th_LMAO.gif

Add me up to the no kids-team. I would feel so selfish making more babies to this world, where there are millions of kids without a home and love already and all in all way too many people. Plus I don't have any motherly-feelings towards children. I only want to take care of animals, I feel strong bond to them.

I can't wait for more info for Tartan Tale!
th_DANCE.gif
I hope this will be a killer collection, I didn't like the one last year. In fact, I only got two cremesheen glasses from the whole collection.

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
When I got into Mac I didn't know they had LE collections out all the time. I thought they are like other brands - collection per season. So I hauled permanent items alot then. Alot.
th_LMAO.gif

Add me up to the no kids-team. I would feel so selfish making more babies to this world, where there are millions of kids without a home and love already and all in all way too many people. Plus I don't have any motherly-feelings towards children. I only want to take care of animals, I feel strong bond to them.

I can't wait for more info for Tartan Tale!
th_DANCE.gif
I hope this will be a killer collection, I didn't like the one last year. In fact, I only got two cremesheen glasses from the whole collection.

same. i get this from my own mother of all people - apparently when i was born, the midwife put me on my mum's chest for a cuddle and the first thing my mum said was "ewww! could you clean it up? it's all bloody!"
lol.gif

this is the collection i'm most looking forward to
smiles.gif

bell21

Quote:

lol I do something similar, I have a Excel file with ALL of my beauty stuff listed, the collection it came from, how many I have, and the retail price. There's a separate tab for Face, Eyes, Cheeks, Lips, Nails, Hair and Perfume. I originally did it to see how much my collection was worth... the total was a little scary
whistle.gif
. I kept it up when my bf said he wanted to use it to list my collection under the home insurance since I spend so much on it... which reminds me I have a lot of stuff I need to update it with lol!

Anneri

Oh my are you lot organised!
shockt.gif

I should really do something similar... I start to begin to forget items and then to rediscover them ("oh, I own this e/s?! Cool!"). My wishlists are on little scraps of paper I loose all the time... yeah.

That being said, I'm so incredibly looking forward to this collection! I simply have to get something with Tartan print on it. The Holiday collection is always such a big haul for me that I have to split in in two and ask my parents for things as christmas gifts.
I like the pallettes, and I've such high hopes for the mini sets! Pigments, paints, pearlglide liners, shadesticks - that would be fabulous!

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
I got "into" MAC in 1991
shockt.gif
oh.gif
omg.gif
-- the MAC GV store -- later met one of the Franks
yes.gif
eeksign.gif
eyelove.gif
omg.gif
icon_eek.gif
and it was
heart.gif
heart.gif
love.gif
for ever
yes.gif

I was 1 year old then. I feel like such a baby right now
winkiss.gif

silentstorm143

I am dying to know more about this collection and I really hope there are minis because I am bummed I wasn't into MAC last holiday season to get them. MAC please release more info please please please

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinstar
Hey, when is the next update by the way? Erin?

i asked her in another thread and she said mid-september
smiles.gif

Latest posts