MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
My favorite holiday packaging was the antiquitease collection
heart.gif
The concept was beautiful as well
love.gif
I regret not getting the face brush kit though.

iagree.gif
with everything!

jazm1n3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
I know I know -- but I am trying to eat a sandwich with one hand and do this with the other
smiles.gif
There are 4 colours which I tested -- glimmery fuschia, bronzey golden black, purple (called pink) golden black ~~ the other one was a red also but that is AWOL for now. If and when I find it I will post
smiles.gif

The piggies looks awesome! Thank you Heygreness! How would you describe the texture of these?

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazm1n3s
The piggies looks awesome! Thank you Heygreness! How would you describe the texture of these?

yes i would love to know! are they dry or are they ok? the pink one is looking the most appealing to me! and i rarely like pink eye shadows
smiles.gif

jazm1n3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
yes i would love to know! are they dry or are they ok? the pink one is looking the most appealing to me! and i rarely like pink eye shadows
smiles.gif

For me, the green and purple are the ones most interesting to me
smiles.gif

I remember Em from toomuchblush said something about a pigment called Moonlight Night pigment in Tartan Tale collection, which she said was a blackened green iirc. I'm thinking this green one Heygreyness posted might be it.

LMD84

Quote:
smiles.gif

I remember Em from toomuchblush said something about a pigment called Moonlight Night pigment in Tartan Tale collection, which she said was a blackened green iirc. I'm thinking this green one Heygreyness posted might be it.

yes that could be it. although from the picture it looks almost like a more blackened vintage gold pigment perhaps?

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I look forward to get pigment Later!!

oh yeah! i forgot the pupley black on in the picture will be later! i already own that so just the other 2 from the picture for me please!
tong.gif

jazm1n3s

Quote:
oh yeah! i forgot the pupley black on in the picture will be later! i already own that so just the other 2 from the picture for me please!
tong.gif

Oh I never thought the purple one can be Later. It looks like it has some gold in it, which i didnt see in any Later swatches
th_dunno.gif

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
My favorite holiday packaging was the antiquitease collection
heart.gif
The concept was beautiful as well
love.gif
I regret not getting the face brush kit though.

I'm so mad that was back when I wasn't into make up at all. I do remember walking in the mall and seeing the posters up in Mac and being in awe. It was beautiful. I never thought I'd be able to do make up properly, so I was too afraid to try then.
ssad.gif

I don't know if I'll get a pigment set again. I got one last year and the only one I used was Deep Blue Green, but that stopped when I went to the pro store and got the full size container
lol.gif
. I'm sorta determined to get a brush set just for the sake of it. I find that I need spare brushes.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
yes that could be it. although from the picture it looks almost like a more blackened vintage gold pigment perhaps?

That's what I was thinking. Plus none of the descriptions in HG's post fit with a blackened green.

Whether it's green or gold, this is the pigment I'm most interested in (although I'm worried it might just be Gilt By Association in pigment form). Maybe the purple. The fuchsia is pretty, but I have a bright fuchsia p/m already.

Plus, and this is just me being anal, fuchsia is not a colour I'd associate with a "tartan" themed collection.

Almus

Ty so much Hergreyness! I haven't got any special feeling with the pigments swatches
ssad.gif
... why? ... WHY? On the bright side, I got it with the blushes pictures so I am fine by now
th_DANCE.gif

Me wantz more picturez please
sneaky.gif

spunky

Quote:
smiles.gif

Quote:

moonlight night is blackened green and Em said that 'the family crest' is a blackened gold pigment - i'll try and find the post later on, i'm too sleepy just now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
That's what I was thinking. Plus none of the descriptions in HG's post fit with a blackened green.

Whether it's green or gold, this is the pigment I'm most interested in (although I'm worried it might just be Gilt By Association in pigment form). Maybe the purple. The fuchsia is pretty, but I have a bright fuchsia p/m already.

Plus, and this is just me being anal, fuchsia is not a colour I'd associate with a "tartan" themed collection.

...unless you're avril lavigne and soooo punk rawk!

ITA, it doesn't fit with this collection for me. reds, blues, greens, dark violets and golds yes, but fuchsia? no.
nope.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
ok, finally got a bit of sun so I took these with my BB -- they are three of the piggies which I tested for Holiday 2010 (now called Tartan Tale!) ~~

Quote:
I do hate photobucket --

Quote:
I know I know -- but I am trying to eat a sandwich with one hand and do this with the other
smiles.gif
There are 4 colours which I tested -- glimmery fuschia, bronzey golden black, purple (called pink) golden black ~~ the other one was a red also but that is AWOL for now. If and when I find it I will post
smiles.gif

Thanks, HerGreyness!
heart.gif
They look amazing!!!!!
drools.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
...unless you're avril lavigne and soooo punk rawk!

ITA, it doesn't fit with this collection for me. reds, blues, greens, dark violets and golds yes, but fuchsia? no.
nope.gif

th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Sorry ladies -- it looks fuschia to me.. but it is actually called Irish Red
th_LMAO.gif

your choice -- don't shoot this messenger
shockt.gif

User38

Quote:

Texture: Extremely smooth -- not gritty at all although all three have golden shimmer in them.
yes.gif

spunky

Quote:
Sorry ladies -- it looks fuschia to me.. but it is actually called Irish Red
th_LMAO.gif

your choice -- don't shoot this messenger
shockt.gif

i like the name, but i still don't think the colour fits. it probably won't stop me buying it though
th_wink3.gif

User38

they are not dry -- very smooth and velvety.. I swatched them dry so the foiled effect would be much stronger.

also, some nuts and bolts.. lol.. The Base (B) is Dark Soul on the dark ones -- the Fuschia, is the Red matte base.