MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

GlamQueen21

I have heard so much about tongue piercing and it souds like it'll hurt me since I cannot tolerate pain.

ON TOPIC: If the smokey eyes palette in this collection can be like the Fascinating Ruby Smokey Eyes Palette (besides having Satin Taupe and Carbon eyeshadows) I'll be all over it!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I don't have anything to say on topic, so I hope I'll be forgiven for this...

For all the ladies who have had their tongues pierced- Does it change the way you speak after it's healed? I've heard people who are left with a permanent impediment, but I'm not sure if that's just because they have a piercing or because it was done badly.

marusia

I can speak just fine and it was a 6 gauge at the lowest point.
yes.gif

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21

ON TOPIC: If the smokey eyes palette in this collection can be like the Fascinating Ruby Smokey Eyes Palette (besides having Satin Taupe and Carbon eyeshadows) I'll be all over it!

Agreed - I use my Smokey Eyes Palette from Holiday 2008 all the time, as well as the Warm Eyes Palette from that same collection.

GlamQueen21

^Awesome! I skipped the palettes in 2008 and last years since I was more into the Colour Collections than the other stuff like the palettes, brushes, pigment sets and lipglass sets.

trulynicole

Quote:
^Awesome! I skipped the palettes in 2008 and last years since I was more into the Colour Collections than the other stuff like the palettes, brushes, pigment sets and lipglass sets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
Agreed - I use my Smokey Eyes Palette from Holiday 2008 all the time, as well as the Warm Eyes Palette from that same collection.

I wasn't into MAC yet at that time
ssad.gif
Last year's palettes didn't interest me so I didn't feel the need to get them.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarindi
But the packaging of that palette... I hope for a better one this year

yes i was not a fan of the copmpact itself either. it was way too cheapy feeling. my fave compact is still the holiday 07 ones - so heavy in the hand!
smiles.gif

Quote:

i didn't get the warm one, just smokey. but the smokey is great for doing quick and easy looks when in a rush!
smiles.gif

spunky

Quote:
I have heard so much about tongue piercing and it souds like it'll hurt me since I cannot tolerate pain.

for me, it hurt about as much as getting my earlobes pierced.

back on topic - i know that the palettes are usually warm, cool and smokey, but what's the 4th one? it seems to change from year to year
th_dunno.gif

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
it's done! i've got some easy-swallow ibuprofen and alcohol free mouthwash in my bathroom so i'm all set for going to bed tonight
smiles.gif

it was SO easy! a wee bit uncomfortable when the needle got pushed through, but by far and away the easiest piercing i've had
greengrin.gif
i'm not too swollen, sore or lispy either, but eating is a little difficult. that's just a matter of getting used to it though.

all i need now is some new info/pictures for upcoming collections and my weekend will be perfect!
greengrin.gif

Great to hear it went well.

I am a bit ambiguous about the news. If we have them, it might mean that summer is really nearly over.
I hope the hold back on the perm repromotes and do something like the best of the last years, something people look forward to getting in a palette.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
yes they always do a smokey eyes palette. the one from red she said has been my favourite so far though
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
It's an awesome palette!
yes.gif

Quote:

I LOVE the smokey eyes palettes from Red She Said!

I can't wait to see the new ones - I am sure to get Smokey Eyes again
winks.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I LOVE the smokey eyes palettes from Red She Said!

I can't wait to see the new ones - I am sure to get Smokey Eyes again
winks.gif

yeah me too! i always get a smokey eye palette
smiles.gif
they rock!
smiles.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84

i didn't get the warm one, just smokey. but the smokey is great for doing quick and easy looks when in a rush!
smiles.gif

I use the smokey eyes palettes when I go shopping
smiles.gif
You can't do wrong with them.

LMD84

Quote:
I use the smokey eyes palettes when I go shopping
smiles.gif
You can't do wrong with them.

yup! so true!
smiles.gif
dont get me wrong i do love my bright colours, but simple smokey eyes is very simple but still sexy!
smiles.gif

silentstorm143

This will be my first MAC holiday I experience since im a newbie. To all the pros and more experienced MAC addicts what are the norms for holiday collections you know stuff they do every year? What would you suggest be the must haves, stuff that should not be passed up and that are a great value or a great way to try MACs products?TIA

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentstorm143
This will be my first MAC holiday I experience since im a newbie. To all the pros and more experienced MAC addicts what are the norms for holiday collections you know stuff they do every year? What would you suggest be the must haves, stuff that should not be passed up and that are a great value or a great way to try MACs products?TIA

well they always do some eye shadow palletes with 6 colours in them. then they do mini pigment and gloss sets and brush sets
smiles.gif
i think all of these are great when you are just starting out with mac. because you get to try new things but because they are smaller sizes they dont cost as much
smiles.gif

MzzRach

It's hard to make specific recommendations on the holiday collection & kits since we do not yet know what the colours will be. If you are looking to expand your brush collection, or need travel brush sets, the holiday brush sets are a good buy (although the quality is not the same as the full size brushes).

The mini pigment sets are a great way to add some variety to your collection if you are just starting out. All the mini sets and palettes in general are a pretty good deal. It's just a matter of deciding whether the colours available will be suited to you.

Susanne

I hope we will get the full color story soon! A lot of us are waiting to make lists and a budget I think.

*I start thinking google does not work anymore as I can't find news or pics*
lol.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
I hope we will get the full color story soon! A lot of us are waiting to make lists and a budget I think.

lol.gif

Mmhmm.
yes.gif

Off topic: Spunky, so glad to hear it went well! Have a speedy recovery!
th_kiss.gif

LMD84

Quote:

lol.gif

yup! i'm a list and budget girl!
smiles.gif