MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
i like the name, but i still don't think the colour fits. it probably won't stop me buying it though
th_wink3.gif

Again, I am sorry if it displeases anyone, but I don't give anything their names.. I just do what I do and pass it back to the big House
th_dunno.gif
Maybe you could write to MAC cause their names/descriptions are sometimes a bit off and I don't work on that
tong.gif

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
yes that could be it. although from the picture it looks almost like a more blackened vintage gold pigment perhaps?

no, it is a definite Bronze tone shimmer on the Dark Soul base.. I know the blacked gold pigment and it is way different.

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazm1n3s
Oh I never thought the purple one can be Later. It looks like it has some gold in it, which i didnt see in any Later swatches
th_dunno.gif

sorry ladies.. it is not LATER.. I have that as a comp too.. this has purple and gold shimmer in it.

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
Again, I am sorry if it displeases anyone, but I don't give anything their names.. I just do what I do and pass it back to the big House
th_dunno.gif
Maybe you could write to MAC cause their names/descriptions are sometimes a bit off and I don't work on that
tong.gif

nobody's blaming you HerGreyness! all i [and i think Katred too] meant was fuchsia isn't a colour i'd associate with tartan.

personally i'm thrilled to bits when you post new swatches/info, i look forward to reading what you have to say and i really value your efforts here on specktra
th_hug.gif

spunky

Quote:
sorry ladies.. it is not LATER.. I have that as a comp too.. this has purple and gold shimmer in it.

noooo! i didn't get that with a+o and it looks incredible! gutted!

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
That's what I was thinking. Plus none of the descriptions in HG's post fit with a blackened green.

Whether it's green or gold, this is the pigment I'm most interested in (although I'm worried it might just be Gilt By Association in pigment form). Maybe the purple. The fuchsia is pretty, but I have a bright fuchsia p/m already.

Plus, and this is just me being anal, fuchsia is not a colour I'd associate with a "tartan" themed collection.

don't worry darlin.. lol... it is not GBA in pigment form, but when I was testing it, in a different light, the bronzed one does indeed look greenish.. but that changes according to light angles. Again, no colours seem as simple as the names imply. Sorry.

what I do for my work does not require me to give enlightened descriptions.. but rather market comps... so this whole swatching for Spectra thing may just be wayyyyy out of my league:
nope.gif

jazm1n3s

Quote:

Yayyy!!! I'm soo happy reading this! So glad i didn't get Later pigment because this looks SO much better! Thank you Heygreness, you're the best!
And I can't believe those pigments were swatched dry. They look so intense!

Soul Unique

Thanks Hergreyness...I am very interetsed in the Blackened Gold P/M
th_DANCE.gif

Quote:
Sorry ladies -- it looks fuschia to me.. but it is actually called Irish Red
th_LMAO.gif

your choice -- don't shoot this messenger
shockt.gif

Hmmmm....Tartan Tale [Scottish]...where is MAC going with this??? >>> Irish Red!?
th_LMAO.gif
okily dokily then!

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentstorm143
HerGreyness is the fuchsia one similar to bold n brash or bright fuchsia in the permanent line?

no -- it is similar but different, this has a lot of gold shimmer.. sorry, I had a big bang power outage
angry.gif
and the transformers went down. When it rains we have been getting these horrific brownouts.. grr.
angry.gif

silentstorm143

Quote:
no -- it is similar but different, this has a lot of gold shimmer.. sorry, I had a big bang power outage
angry.gif
and the transformers went down. When it rains we have been getting these horrific brownouts.. grr.
angry.gif

Its ok and thanks.

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Unique
Thanks Hergreyness...I am very interetsed in the Blackened Gold P/M
th_DANCE.gif

Hmmmm....Tartan Tale [Scottish]...where is MAC going with this??? >>> Irish Red!?
th_LMAO.gif
okily dokily then!

yea.. lol... I finished this collection in March and I had even forgotten about it.. to be honest, this had like four name changes since 2009 until March when I finished working on it
th_LMAO.gif
Also, please know that not only the names change, but the actual finishes and colours may be changed.. I do not have information as to the packaging either
nope.gif

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazm1n3s
Yayyy!!! I'm soo happy reading this! So glad i didn't get Later pigment because this looks SO much better! Thank you Heygreness, you're the best!
And I can't believe those pigments were swatched dry. They look so intense!

yea, very very highly concentrated pigment in these..more than many others I have tested
yes.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
don't worry darlin.. lol... it is not GBA in pigment form, but when I was testing it, in a different light, the bronzed one does indeed look greenish.. but that changes according to light angles. Again, no colours seem as simple as the names imply. Sorry.

what I do for my work does not require me to give enlightened descriptions.. but rather market comps... so this whole swatching for Spectra thing may just be wayyyyy out of my league:
nope.gif

You RULE!! I figured the purple one was Later so I didn't pay close enough attention. These sound fantastic, though. I'll even take a closer look at "Irish red".

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
You RULE!! I figured the purple one was Later so I didn't pay close enough attention. These sound fantastic, though. I'll even take a closer look at "Irish red".

the name may be changed to Scots Red..
th_LMAO.gif
for all I know... the purple/blackened one is really purplely/golden -- but fiercely dark... I just hope what I tested is the actual market product (something which I won't know until October or thereabouts.
sneaky.gif

These are not tame piggies
th_DANCE.gif

but neither are Scotsmen
sneaky.gif

peachsuns

Thank you, HerGreyness for the swatches! The pigments are very pretty.
th_drool.gif
I'm loving the products we've seen so far.
th_e2cloud9.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
noooo! i didn't get that with a+o and it looks incredible! gutted!

No Later with this collection??
shockt.gif

I didn't get with A+O neither
ssad.gif