MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

silentstorm143

I am getting anxious for the full whats going to be released nothing really from the upcoming collections are catching my eye which is a good thing because I can put my tiny budget else where. However I'd like to cross somethings off my permanent list but yet need and want to save for the holiday collections and cant do that without knowing what is coming out or if I should wait on the permanent list thing.

Almus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I hope we will get the full color story soon! A lot of us are waiting to make lists and a budget I think.

*I start thinking google does not work anymore as I can't find news or pics*
lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
yup! i'm a list and budget girl!
smiles.gif

I thought I was the only one doing lists and saving money for each month
th_DANCE.gif
In fact, I have my budget ready and closed for September and October, including not only MAC.

So yes, please, we need photos and swatches so I can work on the November one or I'll be so boreeeeeeeed during the super-hot afternoons of my holidays
tong.gif

spunky

i really hope the mini sets are different this year... or they have the usual piggies and lipglasses AND new stuff *greedy*

snowflakelashes

I'm with those that love Red She Said smokey eyes palette, I use that one fairly often, one of the few products I have that you can definitely tell I use. Of course I didn't buy from last years holiday collection, don't know if I will buy from this one. I don't think so, too much going on in my life so I probably won't be able to afford anything but I can drool over the products I WISH I was buying.

*Kicks the annoying brats who try to break into my house/vandalize thus causing me to spend my would-be-makeup money on repairs....*

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflakelashes
I'm with those that love Red She Said smokey eyes palette, I use that one fairly often, one of the few products I have that you can definitely tell I use. Of course I didn't buy from last years holiday collection, don't know if I will buy from this one. I don't think so, too much going on in my life so I probably won't be able to afford anything but I can drool over the products I WISH I was buying.

*Kicks the annoying brats who try to break into my house/vandalize thus causing me to spend my would-be-makeup money on repairs....*

that's awful! is there any way they'll get caught? people/kids like that make me so mad, there's just no need.
angry.gif

hope you get it sorted out
yes.gif

snowflakelashes

Aww thanks spunky, I don't think so though, my neighbour didn't get a clear look at the kid who tried to break in through my back door. And it was 3am when the rock was thrown through the window and couldn't see anyone running away or anything. :-|

Oh well... Still can't wait for this colour story and perhaps to order something. Maybe
smiles.gif
Trying to be all responsible and adult about all this but part of me wants to charge up my card buying makeup for comfort lol. We'll see how long the mature part lasts. ~L~

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflakelashes
Aww thanks spunky, I don't think so though, my neighbour didn't get a clear look at the kid who tried to break in through my back door. And it was 3am when the rock was thrown through the window and couldn't see anyone running away or anything. :-|

Oh well... Still can't wait for this colour story and perhaps to order something. Maybe
smiles.gif
Trying to be all responsible and adult about all this but part of me wants to charge up my card buying makeup for comfort lol. We'll see how long the mature part lasts. ~L~

wow i am sorry that this has happened to you hun
th_hug.gif

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
It's hard to make specific recommendations on the holiday collection & kits since we do not yet know what the colours will be. If you are looking to expand your brush collection, or need travel brush sets, the holiday brush sets are a good buy (although the quality is not the same as the full size brushes).

The mini pigment sets are a great way to add some variety to your collection if you are just starting out. All the mini sets and palettes in general are a pretty good deal. It's just a matter of deciding whether the colours available will be suited to you.

I always love and buy kits for gifts etc. -- however, the brush sets have been a continual disappointment for me (bleeding, losing hairs, stiff bristles)
nope.gif
th_dunno.gif
I will skip any and all brush sets and prefer to pay extra for really good brushes
yes.gif

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
I always love and buy kits for gifts etc. -- however, the brush sets have been a continual disappointment for me (bleeding, losing hairs, stiff bristles)
nope.gif
th_dunno.gif
I will skip any and all brush sets and prefer to pay extra for really good brushes
yes.gif

Some of the SE brushes I like - such as the 187 - I find it great for travel. Other SE brushes, not so much. I agree that the full size brushes are on a whole other level. However, if someone is just starting out and needs some brushes, I think they are a pretty good buy.

nunu

My favorite holiday packaging was the antiquitease collection
heart.gif
The concept was beautiful as well
love.gif
I regret not getting the face brush kit though.

silentstorm143

So should I try to get the brush sets or just put that money towards the full size brushes? I'd hate to spend my money and then have to spend it again a short time later to replace them. Id rather just save, deal with my cheap ass brushes I have now and then fork over the bigger bucks if the brushes are going to last. I'm so confused some are saying the sets are really good and others are saying they aren't such a great value. This is the first time I am trying to invest in some really good brushes and don't want to make a mistake.

MzzRach

If you are looking to build a brush collection and already have some lower quality brushes, I would recommend saving for the full sizes.

You will hear differing opinions on the brush sets - some love them while others really dislike them. I suggest looking at them when they come out this year and seeing for yourself what you think.

LittleMaryJane

Quote:
You will hear differing opinions on the brush sets - some love them while others really dislike them. I suggest looking at them when they come out this year and seeing for yourself what you think.

I agree. See for yourself, if you're able to do that--I wouldn't order a brush set online because I want to make sure they aren't totally crappy looking. I have only bought one brush set--a face set--and I like them. The full sized brushes make me
th_drool.gif
but these definitely do the trick. For me anyway. And I didn't just spend a zillion dollars on a full sized brush "set."

silentstorm143

Quote:
If you are looking to build a brush collection and already have some lower quality brushes, I would recommend saving for the full sizes.

thank you Yes I have just a couple of brushes from the grocery store and Walmart I don 't own a "good quality" brush and have been eyeing either the sigma ones or the full sized MAC ones obviously my heart is on the MAC ones just wasn't sure if the holiday brush set were equal to the full size ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane
I agree. See for yourself, if you're able to do that--I wouldn't order a brush set online because I want to make sure they aren't totally crappy looking. I have only bought one brush set--a face set--and I like them. The full sized brushes make me
th_drool.gif
but these definitely do the trick. For me anyway. And I didn't just spend a zillion dollars on a full sized brush "set."

Thanks I will try to check them out if I can I have a feeling Im gonna end up with the full sized one regardless lol

martiangurll

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane
th_drool.gif

Plus, if you are a clumsy girl like me, the shorter handles make for less fumbling. Just sayin'

User38

ok, finally got a bit of sun so I took these with my BB -- they are three of the piggies which I tested for Holiday 2010 (now called Tartan Tale!) ~~

User38

I know I know -- but I am trying to eat a sandwich with one hand and do this with the other
smiles.gif
There are 4 colours which I tested -- glimmery fuschia, bronzey golden black, purple (called pink) golden black ~~ the other one was a red also but that is AWOL for now. If and when I find it I will post
smiles.gif

LMD84

Quote:

iagree.gif
everybody thinks differently. i like the mini brush kits. look after them and they should last you a long time. bought my first ones in 2007 and still look and behave the way they did the day that i got them.
smiles.gif
i'm still trying to buy all the full size brushes slowly but surely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
I know I know -- but I am trying to eat a sandwich with one hand and do this with the other
smiles.gif
There are 4 colours which I tested -- glimmery fuschia, bronzey golden black, purple (called pink) golden black ~~ the other one was a red also but that is AWOL for now. If and when I find it I will post
smiles.gif

all three pigments for me please! thanks for the photos!
smiles.gif