MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

Almus

Thank you so much for the swatches!! I am not liking either blush and lipglass ... am I losing my MAC mojo? It's September 1st, FF is out since 1 h ago and I am still sitting in front of my pc ... snif snif

bbgillian

TADA~~ HERE'S MY FAVORITE so far.. but I really can't capture the color in the pictures..
Lipstick: cut a caper.. it is a super cute candy pink...
I forgot to swatch then my friend borrowed it.. But believe me.. there's no one like this pink...
T2CvRmXjxaXXXXXXXX_!!668693.jpg

mystery

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
the blush is a slight scarey shade of pink for my skin! so i shall be getting the peachy blush that will be coming out
smiles.gif
the pink gloss is killing me though! i wants it!
tong.gif

iagree.gif

I took one look at that blush and wanted it instantly, then looked again and thought logically, no way can I pull that off :p

and that gloss looked amazing!

this collection gets me so excited!
greengrin.gif

mystery

thankyou sooo much for all of these pictures bbgillian!
th_happy1.gif
love.gif

i love the peach blush!
th_drool.gif

this collection is getting more and more exciting

Luiza_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_makeup
Hi guys! I am new in the forum (i used to have an old account but i dont even remember the username) I just read this entire thread in about an hour and a half LOL! I am SOOOO EXCITED!!

Welcome!
specktra_welcome.gif

tamarindi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgillian
I'm too stupid to post all of them together..
MY HIGHLAND HONEY, W/FLASH
T2m2RmXkFaXXXXXXXX_!!668693.jpg

w/o flash
T2rLRmXkdaXXXXXXXX_!!668693.jpg

T2xLRmXj0aXXXXXXXX_!!668693.jpg

It doesn' show very well on my nc25 skin.. more like a peach glow, but it looks stunning on my friend ... I'm giving this to her..
th_dunno.gif

Do you think it would look good on someone who is cool toned (NW20)?
The pink blush looks too scary for me, I'm having troubles with Dollymix...

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I thought I woulnd't be too interested in this collection,but that lipstick right there just changed my mind.
drools.gif

bbgillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarindi
Do you think it would look good on someone who is cool toned (NW20)?
The pink blush looks too scary for me, I'm having troubles with Dollymix...

I think it looks better on people with cool tone skin, caz it looks better on my friends. Really nature but brings warmth to her complexion.
cutey.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks bbgillian for the swatches! Nice to finally see some information coming out on this collection!

Her Blooming Cheek looks intense, as everyone has noticed. I have Azalea, which looks exactly the same, and I don't find it especially difficult to work with on my NW15 skin. Just takes a light hand. On the other hand, since I do have Azalea, I don't think I'll need to get this one.

My Highland Honey looks quite pretty. I have peach blushes for certain, but I don't have one that looks like that. It'll probably go on my list.

The lipglass and lipstick are both looking like definites for me. Strangely, although I have about a hundred lipsticks, I have almost no mis-tone pink colours. I guess I was too busy collecting all the bright and ultra-dark ones...

tamarindi

Quote:
I think it looks better on people with cool tone skin, caz it looks better on my friends. Really nature but brings warmth to her complexion.
cutey.gif

Thank you!
smiles.gif

sss215

I need to see more. The pink blush does look like full fuchsia, which by the way is at my CCO in huge amounts. I was reading some where that the full fuchsia lipstick is going to be in this collection too. They have some of those at my CCO too.

Just 2 blushes??? Seems like a little bit in comparison. Hope to hear more info this week.

Side note about pinks and MAC holiday: I really loved the bright pink from last holiday. Utter Fun. Just stunning! Another old fav was joy berry lipglass from holiday years ago. I hope I see something similar this year.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by sss215
Side note about pinks and MAC holiday: I really loved the bright pink from last holiday. Utter Fun. Just stunning! Another old fav was joy berry lipglass from holiday years ago. I hope I see something similar this year.

iagree.gif
Utter Fun definitely lived up to its name. There's nothing like it anywhere else in the line and it was the type of colour I'd always wanted Mac to do.

I'd totally forgotten about Joyberry! Def want to see something like that again!

elegant-one

Quote:
TADA~~ HERE'S MY FAVORITE so far.. but I really can't capture the color in the pictures..
Lipstick: cut a caper.. it is a super cute candy pink...
I forgot to swatch then my friend borrowed it.. But believe me.. there's no one like this pink...
T2CvRmXjxaXXXXXXXX_%21%21668693.jpg

th_drool.gif
That is seriously Gorgeous! I have been wanting something that shade. A MA did a lip pencil/ls combo that kind of made her lips that color & I have been on the hunt to see it in just a ls!
Thanks

elegant-one

You really shouldn't shy away from a blush because it appears so intense.
I'm a really pale NW15 & love to use really pigmented intense blushes because they are gorgeous applied lightly to the apples of the cheeks.
Just use a 187, barely dab (don't swish or swipe) the ends of the brush onto the color, dab on the back of your hand or a tissue & then lightly apply.

This blush looks like a more intense Sweetness blush - my favorite blush of all times. I have Rhubarb & Apple Red & Salsa Rose & they are equally intense but are really really pretty on lightly.