MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
What would I do without you? I went back and found it... Was hoping for something silvery, or perhaps a dazzle finish in a light purple-blue... On the other hand, I have 6697 purple lippies and 3 nudes (srsly- Blankety, Plink! and Call My Bluff, which I picked up on a whim last week), so this might be a blessing. Like you, I'm gonna buy it because I need to own whatever has that name.

Aww
th_hug.gif
And what would I do w/o you, my dark lip enabler?
tong.gif

And I only have one nude, so regardless of name, this is coming home with me anyway. The name is just a gigantic bonus.
cutey.gif

silentstorm143

The more I here and the more I see the more impatient I get. Every time I see a new pic or hear a name from this collection I am like give me more I need more lol and my wallet is going no no no no. I cant wait to get the full color story these little tid bits are great and thanks to all the people who have shared what they know and the pics that they've got but man the trickle of info is like dangling meat in a pool of sharks its such a tease
smiles.gif

bellaboomboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentstorm143
The more I here and the more I see the more impatient I get. Every time I see a new pic or hear a name from this collection I am like give me more I need more lol and my wallet is going no no no no. I cant wait to get the full color story these little tid bits are great and thanks to all the people who have shared what they know and the pics that they've got but man the trickle of info is like dangling meat in a pool of sharks its such a tease
smiles.gif

What can I say except "OH SO TRUE!" My Mom keeps telling me to log off this site and don't look back (Temptalia too) but I CANNOT DO IT! Once bitten....well, you know the rest.

ILoveMakeup84

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
There was a picture of Faerie Glen a few pages back- it's a nude.
yes.gif

Thanks soo much! Just found it also and I am for sure getting it! Just the name is worth the buy. Do you guys think it looks like Velvet Teddy? I just got that one and really like it...

silentstorm143

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaboomboom
What can I say except "OH SO TRUE!" My Mom keeps telling me to log off this site and don't look back (Temptalia too) but I CANNOT DO IT! Once bitten....well, you know the rest.

Exactly
yes.gif
I mean the first thing I do after I get my kids settled is log on and look on here and Temptalia.

GlamQueen21

bbgillian thanks for the swatches!!!! Gone Romancin is gorgeous as well as Cut A Caper lipstick! I'm gunning for those and My Highland Honey. I have Full Fuchsia blush and I'm still going to get that pink blush.

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by sss215
I need to see more. The pink blush does look like full fuchsia, which by the way is at my CCO in huge amounts. I was reading some where that the full fuchsia lipstick is going to be in this collection too. They have some of those at my CCO too.

Just 2 blushes??? Seems like a little bit in comparison. Hope to hear more info this week.

Side note about pinks and MAC holiday: I really loved the bright pink from last holiday. Utter Fun. Just stunning! Another old fav was joy berry lipglass from holiday years ago. I hope I see something similar this year.

Yes! Utter Fun is one of my top 10 Mac lipsticks. It's amazing.

I'm all over My Highland Honey and Cut a Caper. I'm going to keep calling it Cut a Paper, though
cutey.gif
. Guess I'm going to have to keep up with this thread now b/c I am intrigued.

chromatrix

For those that asked, I have yet to get the blackened rainbow thing to really work well. I have mixed some pigments and eyeshadows with matte black and gotten something close but it just isn't right yet. That's why I am excited for these, because I think they will help my experimentation with the idea.

That bright pink blush both terrifies & intrigues me. I wonder how close to Magenta Madness it is.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaboomboom

My mom says the same, but alas, Specktra is just as addicting as MAC.
cutey.gif
mac_addict.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMakeup84
Thanks soo much! Just found it also and I am for sure getting it! Just the name is worth the buy. Do you guys think it looks like Velvet Teddy? I just got that one and really like it...

No problem, my dear! It's a gorgeous color.
th_drool.gif

bbgillian

I'm so happy to see everyone loves the lippie.. here's another pic of it.. just because I love her too much.. I took like 100 pics of her the other day..
th_DANCE.gif

T2CMFmXaRaXXXXXXXX_!!668693.jpg

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
th_wink3.gif
Trust me, they can be very very pretty on. They also look great applied to the apples of the cheeks over a neutral blush like Blushbaby, Emote etc.

Rhubarb blush is like whoaaaaa intense in the pan but lovely on
winks.gif
winkiss.gif

oh
cutey.gif
sooooooooooooo
iagree.gif

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
You read my mind!
greengrin.gif
th_wink3.gif

looks a lot like Lancome's Chris & Tell -- which was a total sell out
yes.gif
graucho.gif

miss_primer

So far I love everything I've seen. The pigments, the blushes, and the lippies are must haves for me. I wish this was VV.

jazm1n3s

bbgillian, do you have a swatch of the lipstick? It looks so gorgeous, but I'm curious on how it applies and how it looks in the lips.

liba

Quote:
Originally Posted by sss215
Side note about pinks and MAC holiday: I really loved the bright pink from last holiday. Utter Fun. Just stunning! Another old fav was joy berry lipglass from holiday years ago. I hope I see something similar this year.

I still have my old beloved Hollidazzle! That's a serious holiday neon pink!

singer82

Wow great pics bbgillian! This might turn out to be my fav coll of the year! I've narrowed my VV list to only a few things so it looks like I'll have more for this coll. yay!
dance.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by singer82
Wow great pics bbgillian! This might turn out to be my fav coll of the year! I've narrowed my VV list to only a few things so it looks like I'll have more for this coll. yay!
dance.gif

Same on everything! Unfortunately, I also have a lot of maybes and decide upon swatches.
greengrin.gif

panther27

I am so looking forward to this,I am not disappointed at all so far!Beautiful colors,I also cannot wait to hear what will be in the sets,so excited!
th_DANCE.gif