MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

Rinstar

OMG I now need both blushes and definitely that Superglass!!! I was just hoping earlier today that I wouldn't want anything from this collection LOL. Darrrrrnnnnnnn

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
Don't forget Hang Up!
smiles.gif
I love cremesheens, they are my favorite lipstick finish from Mac. On me they don't bleed at all. I agree there have been some lovely new shades now.
yes.gif

How could I have all people have forgotten Hang Up??? A gorgeous colour indeed. (Although I only picked mine up with SCF, oddly.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
this pink lipstick sent me looking for my old samples (I mean old as in finished, worked on samples).. and yes, I found it -- mine is cremesheen formula, and the color is not really pink, it is a pinky coral -- and it is a perfectly lovely color. It has gone thru three name changes as has the peach blush.. lol. Lots of changes since last year, but the products look delicious still
yes.gif
graucho.gif

thanks for the info! i'm definitely looking forward to a great haul from this collection and the more i hear about it, the more I want to haul!

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
am i the only one not feeling anything for this collection!?
th_dunno.gif

Erin, have you seen anything from this collection? Any thoughts?
cutey.gif

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
am i the only one not feeling anything for this collection!?
th_dunno.gif

I sampled/reviewed these in Jan/Feb. 2010 and filed them away -- they are pretty but not stiking and very dupable jmho.. back then they were still called Holiday 2010 and have had three name changes every time the colors have been revised since then
shockt.gif
(which is very normal with every collection)..I guess that's why I just worked on them and put them away.. I don't even use them myself
nope.gif
which is not the case with VV stuff
graucho.gif

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
I wonder if that pink lippie is anything similar to Of Royalty? I need to plan my budget!

nope.gif
not if it's the same one I know... btw, your pic looks lovely
yes.gif

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
I wonder if that pink lippie is anything similar to Of Royalty? I need to plan my budget!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMakeup84
I am getting that pink lipstick for sure! I need more pink lipsticks in my collection.

iagree.gif
with both of you.
cutey.gif

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
How could I have all people have forgotten Hang Up??? A gorgeous colour indeed. (Although I only picked mine up with SCF, oddly.)

thanks for the info! i'm definitely looking forward to a great haul from this collection and the more i hear about it, the more I want to haul!

VVolt is more orangey than this lippie.. this one is a pink/ coral
yes.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie89
so no special packaging for this collection?
th_dunno.gif

The color storry will have the regular black packaging.

The eye and lip palettes, brush and mini sets will have special packaging.

Karen_B

Quote:
this pink lipstick sent me looking for my old samples (I mean old as in finished, worked on samples).. and yes, I found it -- mine is cremesheen formula, and the color is not really pink, it is a pinky coral -- and it is a perfectly lovely color. It has gone thru three name changes as has the peach blush.. lol. Lots of changes since last year, but the products look delicious still
yes.gif
graucho.gif

You just made my day!!
greengrin.gif
A pinky coral cremesheen = the perfect lipstick!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_B
You just made my day!!
greengrin.gif
A pinky coral cremesheen = the perfect lipstick!

Exactly!!! I'm SO glad this is a cremesheen! I will 100% be getting it now.
cutey.gif

liba

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
I'm still not on board with the superglass thing. They gross me out, to be honest.

I really don't think that's a Superglass - it's a totally different texture than the usual Superglass. Maybe she just propped it up on a random box for the photo?

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba
I really don't think that's a Superglass - it's a totally different texture than the usual Superglass. Maybe she just propped it up on a random box for the photo?

I agree it's not a superglass- definitely just a random box for convenience and angle. I believe all of these will be DGC, according to the name info we have so far.
yes.gif

kayley123

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
this is a potential stoopid question however is the gloss a dazzleglass creme? i don't have enough time to read all posts right now because i'm at work! if it is an d/g creme then i shall certaintly skip because i hate those things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
thanks!
smiles.gif
weird! i wouldnt buy it if it is a superglass either because i wasn't a fan of those! i'm fussy!
tong.gif

iagree.gif
with both; especially since I can't stand glitter bits left on my lips, or grittiness...

kayley123

I'm going to have to try Cut a Caper...Amplified Creme would be okay, Cremesheen would be AMAZING!

I'm okay with Satins and Mattes, and I guess Lustres; but the Mattes ARE a bit drying, some Lustres and Satins can be...and I think since I have medium pigmented lips, I like less opaque formulas--so my lip color will show through a bit and the color will enhance instead of cover up my lips, so Cremesheens are really nice for me...

I just don't like Frosty lips and Glazes always feel dry to me also.

LMD84

Quote:
Maybe China Glaze has one? I'm just getting into them. I tried a couple of their sparkly polishes before and hated it. Took forever to dry and still smudged. Their cream polishes, though are tops. It's taken me away from my beloved OPI.

china glaze rocks! and yes their creams are much better than the glitters. they do some awesome metallics and hollos too!
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
both lipsticks we've seen so far are lovely looking but i still want more! MOAR!
greengrin.gif

lol! yup! i'm greedy and want MOAR too!
tong.gif

Quote:
yes.gif
graucho.gif

cremesheen! yeah baby!
graucho.gif

Quote:
I'm still not on board with the superglass thing. They gross me out, to be honest.

yup, no idea why since i like dazzleglasses, love them actually! but superglass did nothing for me
ssad.gif