MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

kiss

I must be a loner but I hate plaid so I hate the packaging. I think the only holiday packaging I really liked were the ones with the black clutches. A good thing for me, as I am planning to seriously cut down on MAC expenses.

The only think Ill be getting so far are those 2 new sexy pigments.

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Do I need more SE brushes?? But look how cute the bags are!!

And I will get both lipglass sets. Even if I have.... well, that does not matter.

YES! Those bags are to die for.

I've been wanting to buy SE brushes and I'm glad I've held out until now b/c these are great.

I think I should decide to buy at least one shadow palette also since I skipped last year. The only things I bought last year were one lip set and one pigment set. I think it's time to go wild.

Face2Mac

I am buying the angle brush set, both quads (green one and neutral, love it) and 1 holiday package palette.

So far, this looks crazy and divine.

I have taken not going into drugstores, don't want those pesky Maybelline, Revlon, trying to sneak into by basket. I have to save up.

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
thanks a lot, Sleepyhead! The collection seems to have a lot of purple!
team_purple.gif

And there are quads
smiles.gif
Is that a new paint pot in the set, or just Fresco Rose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyGirl92
Do you think those Quads are part of the collection or maybe cham pale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I have posted the pics here also:

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f250/m...y-10-a-168903/

I am so excited.

Ok. I want both quads, two eye shadow palettes, one pigment set and one lipglass set for sure.

love.gif

sorry about the confusion, ladies, i went back to actually read the descriptions, i think the quads are just empty palettes (like the digi pop palettes), but unlike how we pay regular price for the quad + eyeshadows, they get 50% off for buying 4 eyeshadows with a palette! so it's like the price of a pre-made palette, but you get to pick all the colors

i'm also reading the anniversary sales they are having for other brands. it's like every make up addict's dream come true!

Face2Mac

I wonder if the Purple pigment set is Softwash Grey, Silver Fog and Milk or Vis-a-Violet.

Green pigment set, Spiritualize or Gilded Green, Gold Stroke or Chocolate Brown with Rose on the side there.

Please don't let it be Gold Stroke, it would become the Deep Truth and Satin Taupe of all holiday editions, plus we have it full size in FF.

Oh, is that Pink Split mes?
th_dunno.gif
looks like it.

I love the little Mineralize Skinfinish bags too, with travel-sized products, I think I might have to get that too, b/c I will be traveling a lot end of year.

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead
sorry about the confusion, ladies, i went back to actually read the descriptions, i think the quads are just empty palettes (like the digi pop palettes), you get to pick all the colors

Darn
ssad.gif

laylalovesmac

Okay- this completely made my day! Holy shit....
th_drool.gif

I want SO much. on top of the color collection, this is gonna be my most expensive haul ever.

I love those bags for the brushes they're amazing!
heart.gif

So far, this is what I'm interested in:
brush set (for the bag, but I probably won't)
that 6 color palette with the purples and blacks
drools.gif

maybe the pink gloss set
pigment set (the cool tones, of course)

and probably about a zillion other things as well
cutey.gif

Quote:
sorry about the confusion, ladies, i went back to actually read the descriptions, i think the quads are just empty palettes (like the digi pop palettes), but unlike how we pay regular price for the quad + eyeshadows, they get 50% off for buying 4 eyeshadows with a palette! so it's like the price of a pre-made palette, but you get to pick all the colors

That is AWESOME! Maybe I'll make another smoky eye quad
graucho.gif

Susanne

I have edited the official colour story thread!

Thanks for all the infos - not many of us can read this blog
winks.gif

But I know there will be one quad.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
I wonder if the Purple pigment set is Softwash Grey, Silver Fog and Milk or Vis-a-Violet.

Green pigment set, Spiritualize or Gilded Green, Gold Stroke or Chocolate Brown with Rose on the side there.

Please don't let it be Gold Stroke, it would become the Deep Truth and Satin Taupe of all holiday edition, plus we have it full size in FF.

That would be awesome! I don't have any of those
nope.gif

Shoegal-fr

Just saw the promo pictures.

I'm shaking, for real. This is beyond EXCITING. It reminds me of the spirit of Antiquitease (2007).

Holy crap, my wallet is screwed up, for good.

shontay07108

Quote:

Please don't let it be Gold Stroke, it would become the Deep Truth and Satin Taupe of all holiday edition, plus we have it full size in FF.

I don't own any of the colors you mentioned
lol.gif
. And I must admit, I am probably the only WOC who hates Deep Truth and Satin Taupe!

I've been studying the pics trying to see the colors and what I might like. I am getting both lip sets. They look divine. Plus, now that I am getting into lip liners, I feel I can make almost anything work. I also want the purple looking pigment set.

I don't know about the shadow palettes, still. They're not knocking me out. I do want one of the lipstick/dazzleglass duos, and I am pretty excited about that green pigment with the gel liner and brush. I've been meaning to buy a liner brush like that! Oh man, bring it on now! Ok, not really b/c I'm broke, but still!

Shoegal-fr

Is the spot really empty or is it Carbon? I've thought of Carbon but it might be empty, dunno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
Yes, I was wondering why there was one pan empty in the quads. Empty palettes would explain it.

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
Yes, I was wondering why there was one pan empty in the quads. Empty palettes would explain it.

th_LMAO.gif
I thought it was just carbon e/s, too
tong.gif

shontay07108

Quote:
th_LMAO.gif
I thought it was just carbon e/s
tong.gif

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Oh, my. I thought it was like a "wildcard" slot where you could choose the final shade. That would've been awesome.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoegal-fr
Is the spot really empty or is it Carbon? I've thought of Carbon but it might be empty, dunno.

Quote:
th_LMAO.gif
I thought it was just carbon e/s, too
tong.gif

Third! That was my first instinct
tong.gif

spunky

Quote:

i'm also reading the anniversary sales they are having for other brands. it's like every make up addict's dream come true!

that makes sense as the brush rolls look like the digipops ones.

i was trying to read that post via google translate and it is not making much sense.
th_dunno.gif

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoegal-fr

I'm pretty sure it was empty. If not, I either need to check my eyeglass prescription or slow down on the scrolling.