MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Our lovely Erin will go to update on Monday - finally time for news I guess!!
th_DANCE.gif

I will get up early on Tuesday amd Wednesday before going to school that I can help organizing all the info here.

thanks!
smiles.gif
i shall make sure that i do all my paperwork the night before so that tuesday morning i can just catch up on the gossip!
smiles.gif

cutegingerbread

I'm waiting for after Venemous VIllians comes out next week, I think someone said this but it seems like they're promoting that one so much so after hopefully we'll get lots of new info!
choochoo.gif

AndSparkle

I'm getting quite excited for all the new colour story info.. however, I'd like even more some swatches of the products... MAC's promos are always way off colour-wise.

Nzsallyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmac0417
Hi! Does anyone know if the pigment The Family Crest is a dupe for Sweet Sienna pigment? Thanks! They look awfully similar!

oooh i would love to know this! i just got a sample of sweet sienna and it is love! dont quite know what i was thinking when antiquitease came out and i didnt get this one....

MzzRach

When we finally have color story info, I hope it is worth the freaking wait!

I'm so curious whether this is a marketing strategy on MAC's part to not steal any thunder from VV (which many have suggested) or if they are scrambling to incorporate Rodarte items into the collection, or something else entirely.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
When we finally have color story info, I hope it is worth the freaking wait!

I'm so curious whether this is a marketing strategy on MAC's part to not steal any thunder from VV (which many have suggested) or if they are scrambling to incorporate Rodarte items into the collection, or something else entirely.

I think it'll be worth the wait.
yes.gif
If they are incorporating Rodarte items, my wallet will be relieved since I don't have any interest. I want something new and fun and bright while still being winter-appropriate!

And I do think they're keeping this under wraps to hype VV.
cutey.gif

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyDior77
Will this collection have brush SE sets ?

Yes, the info on the sets (including the brush sets) was posted earlier in this thread.
winkiss.gif

candycane80

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
Holiday collections are one of my faves evry year,this is killing me
th_confused_new.gif

Me too! I must always have the pigment sets doesn't matter what colors I just covet those! I am trying to focus on VV right now, but the holiday collections are in the back of my mind.

panther27

Quote:
Originally Posted by candycane80
Me too! I must always have the pigment sets doesn't matter what colors I just covet those! I am trying to focus on VV right now, but the holiday collections are in the back of my mind.

Yea,VV is exciting,but somehow this is just a little more exciting for me.Especially since the stuff we have seen so far is
drools.gif

User38

ok, nuts & bolts time:

I have never seen a collection with as many changes in products as this one
th_dunno.gif

I have received six different product types.. from piggies to blushes -- and they have been changed as many times.. generally in a collection, there are up to three revisions, and they are usually colour tweaking/ name changes (with comps from either other companies or other products), but these changes have made it a very cwazy collection.
nope.gif
shockt.gif
th_crazy.gif
th_crazy.gif

I don't believe there is any Rodarte shifting going on -- but can never be sure.
th_dunno.gif

Mygreatlove

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
ok, nuts & bolts time:

th_dunno.gif

I have received six different product types.. from piggies to blushes -- and they have been changed as many times.. generally in a collection, there are up to three revisions, and they are usually colour tweaking/ name changes (with comps from either other companies or other products), but these changes have made it a very cwazy collection.
nope.gif
shockt.gif
th_crazy.gif
th_crazy.gif

I don't believe there is any Rodarte shifting going on -- but can never be sure.
th_dunno.gif

OT but I've always been curious (and I'm so sorry if you've answered before) but what is your job title? Lol. I think it's great what you do and always so appreciative!
yes.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
ok, nuts & bolts time:

th_dunno.gif

nope.gif
shockt.gif
th_crazy.gif
th_crazy.gif

th_dunno.gif

I bet that's why it's taking so long for info to get out... lots of revisions/changes.
yes.gif

Thanks for the info
th_hug.gif
I love hearing about what goes on before it goes up for sale.

0missjones

I just wanted to let you all know that when I went to reserve my VV collection items, the MA asked me if I wanted to put my name on a list to be notified about getting the brush sets since they tend to go fast in Holiday collections.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0missjones
I just wanted to let you all know that when I went to reserve my VV collection items, the MA asked me if I wanted to put my name on a list to be notified about getting the brush sets since they tend to go fast in Holiday collections.

Good to know!
thmbup.gif
Of course, I'll be skipping since I just want the bag. Not really worth it.
tong.gif

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
I bet that's why it's taking so long for info to get out... lots of revisions/changes.
yes.gif

Thanks for the info
th_hug.gif
I love hearing about what goes on before it goes up for sale.

iagree.gif
Thank you, HerGreyness!
heart.gif

Erin's update is only a few days away.
th_DANCE.gif