MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoegal-fr
I totally agree!

However, i know that i'm weak, and i will definitely cave in and buy more than i should from this collection
tong.gif

Give me anything Christmas related, i just can't resist.

Me too. I'm hopeless.
ssad.gif
tong.gif

Camnagem

I totally agree with the not wanting to "spoil" VV revenue theories.

I know myself and several others are spending more on VV because we have no info here yet. I won't be cutting down my VV list to save for things here, because we don't know what will be here!

It's brilliant really if you think about it. More sales and crazy hype for VV, and just enough time between that and the first part of TT for the addicts to already want something new.

Let's face it, it doesn't matter how much I spend on VV...I'll still be spending a small fortune on this one too.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem

I know myself and several others are spending more on VV because we have no info here yet. I won't be cutting down my VV list to save for things here, because we don't know what will be here!

It's brilliant really if you think about it. More sales and crazy hype for VV, and just enough time between that and the first part of TT for the addicts to already want something new.

Let's face it, it doesn't matter how much I spend on VV...I'll still be spending a small fortune on this one too.

Agree with everything you said! I'll be doing the same.
yes.gif

HOTasFCUK

You know its a sad day when i've seen the Wet'n'Wild Holiday collection on mua today in friggin' September yet nothing from MAC and they have a releases date of October 28th???

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
You know its a sad day when i've seen the Wet'n'Wild Holiday collection on mua today in friggin' September yet nothing from MAC and they have a releases date of October 28th???

rofl.gif
th_roll1.gif
lol.gif

martiangurll

Quote:
I got the pans and the tiny spoons at Costal Scents.

I pressed my MAC pigments with rubbing alcohol. I didn't press any matte or glitter though, cuz these are trickier to press. HTH
smiles.gif

I love pressing piggies. I gotta order some pans and stuff from CS soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
There is a new collective thread for this topic now: Pressing pigments
smiles.gif

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f165/p...igments-30943/

Thanks for the link--it should come in handy

Quote:
I totally agree!

However, i know that i'm weak, and i will definitely cave in and buy more than i should from this collection
tong.gif

Give me anything Christmas related, i just can't resist.

Maybe the lack of info is a plot to get us to forget about budgeting and just impulse buy? Once its spent on VV, then when we see how cool the TT is, we have to buy anyway???

singer82

Why do I have a gut feeling they might change this release for Nov? Maybe they havent got the color story out because they are adding things from the discont Rodare coll? and/or to not take any attention away from VV. Just a thought

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by singer82
Why do I have a gut feeling they might change this release for Nov? Maybe they havent got the color story out because they are adding things from the discont Rodare coll? and/or to not take any attention away from VV. Just a thought

I wish they would so I'd have more funds, but I don't see it happening.
nope.gif

Shoegal-fr

It might be a plot, yes!

But that's okay cuz i won't spend a dime on VV. Was going to get the MES but decided against it since i already have the Nars night series eyeshadows.

More money for Tartan Tale! Woot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll
Maybe the lack of info is a plot to get us to forget about budgeting and just impulse buy? Once its spent on VV, then when we see how cool the TT is, we have to buy anyway???

laylalovesmac

Quote:
It might be a plot, yes!

But that's okay cuz i won't spend a dime on VV. Was going to get the MES but decided against it since i already have the Nars night series eyeshadows.

More money for Tartan Tale! Woot!

I'll be spending a good chunk of change on VV, but I did cut back by about $200 in preparation of TT.
yes.gif

Shoegal-fr

I hope the Tartan Tale color story will reinforce your decision!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
I'll be spending a good chunk of change on VV, but I did cut back by about $200 in preparation of TT.
yes.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
I hope the Tartan Tale color story will reinforce your decision!

I know it will! I'm already in love with the pigments, the peach blush, and four lipsticks (just from pre-pics and names
winkiss.gif
). And who knows on the sets....
graucho.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
it's quite a pretty colour but not for me because i hate the dg cremes! but great find!

I have to say I'm not crazy about dg cremes, either. I gave it a try with i want candy from a+o, but i never use it. granted, it is a crazy color, but i like crazy- so i think it's issues with formula. at least that saves some money for sets.
thmbup.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
I have to say I'm not crazy about dg cremes, either. I gave it a try with i want candy from a+o, but i never use it. granted, it is a crazy color, but i like crazy- so i think it's issues with formula. at least that saves some money for sets.
thmbup.gif

i have a couple from last year, amourour and creme allure. stunning colours! just hate the gloss! it's so thin and runny and isn't opaque at all
ssad.gif
and it ran off my lips even with liner!

Liya2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem

That is what I think to, also they are not relying on MAC addicts for their holiday collection. alot of of causal make-up junkies are waiting for this for themselves or as gifts so they are not worried about sale number of TT.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
I just found "Passing Fancy" on ebay, one of the Dazzleglass Cremes coming out with TT:

MAC DAZZLEGLASS CREME Lip glass Passing Fancy MAKEUP - eBay (item 220664252278 end time Oct-03-10 16:09:26 PDT)

angry.gif
I hate it that my work firewall blocks access to almost all the pics posted here... I suppose some might say that I shouldn't be lurking on Specktra at work...
tong.gif

I don't love the Dazzleglass Cremes but I don't hate them any more than any of the other thin-textured glosses (regular Dazzleglass, Cremesheen glass...). I got I Want Candy and I like it well enough. It just needs to be reapplied pretty frequently. I guess I'll file all of these products in the "possibilities if the colour is really nice" bin and continue to wait for a colour story.