MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
speaking of QS -- I was re-organizing my red lippies and found another one!!
winkiss.gif
I thought I had two, and now I have 3
cutey.gif
yahoo.gif

I see layla is awake again
th_LMAO.gif
friends.gif

I love when I find a surprise like that in my stash!

And yes, yes I am. In class actually.
th_wink3.gif
friends.gif
heart.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerydwen
I'm with you on that - or a darker red version of Queen's Sin
yes.gif

Did someone say dark red????
drools.gif
drools.gif
drools.gif

Cerydwen

th_DANCE.gif
I love dark colours, and especially reds. Christmas would be perfect this year if MAC produced a wonderful dark red - let's hope
yes.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
Did someone say dark red????
drools.gif
drools.gif
drools.gif

Quote:
th_DANCE.gif
I love dark colours, and especially reds. Christmas would be perfect this year if MAC produced a wonderful dark red - let's hope
yes.gif

Yeah- like I said, I want a REALLY dark red. Black/red red.
th_DANCE.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
Yeah- like I said, I want a REALLY dark red. Black/red red.
th_DANCE.gif

And like I said...
drools.gif
drools.gif
drools.gif

Charred Red has this sort of look, but it's a matte and not a very forgiving one. It stands along So Scarlet as my favourite red, but I think there's still room to go darker... always darker...

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
And like I said...
drools.gif
drools.gif
drools.gif

Charred Red has this sort of look, but it's a matte and not a very forgiving one. It stands along So Scarlet as my favourite red, but I think there's still room to go darker... always darker...

Couldn't agree more.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
And Laylalovesmac too - evil triplets
th_remoteImage-61.gif
th_remoteImage-61.gif
th_remoteImage-61.gif

The dark lip triplets... I love it!
winkiss.gif
winkiss.gif
winkiss.gif

alinabina

Off topic, but last night I had a dream about this collection.. hahahaha
So basically I was on vacation in Aruba and I jsut went there last year so I guess I was having memories, but anyways there was a little shopping place across the street, and I dreamed that there was a MAC stand there which was selling TT stuff already..
th_DANCE.gif
ahhaha. Sooooo I spent a couple hundred dollars there, and then my friend called me to go to some car for a second so I did (leaving my MAC stuff at the counter..) and I come back to the same counter which was NOT MAC and someone was saying the MAC counter closes at 8 pm and I lost all of the stuff I was getting so excited to go home to and try out in the dream....
and then I woke up and laughed to myself. But then I was also disappointed that I still havent heard the colour story adn now I cant wait even more for it.
ssad.gif

Just thought i would share my dream. You know you're obsessed with MAC when....
mac_addict.gif

cody

I've got a funny anecdote from my visit to the MAC counter today...

I had an appointment to try out all the prolongwear stuff and was hoping I could maybe sneak some information from my MUA about Tartan Tale. Turns out she hadn't heard ANYTHING about it yet so I spent the last half of the appointment detailing all of the palettes/sets/the designs of the bags and packaging to her and then pulled up specktra on my phone to show her pictures. She thought it was so funny that I knew more about it than she did! She'll be going to update in the next few days and finding out all about it but she said she thinks MAC has been hush-hush because they want to keep the focus on Venomous Villains right now.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody
I've got a funny anecdote from my visit to the MAC counter today...

I had an appointment to try out all the prolongwear stuff and was hoping I could maybe sneak some information from my MUA about Tartan Tale. Turns out she hadn't heard ANYTHING about it yet so I spent the last half of the appointment detailing all of the palettes/sets/the designs of the bags and packaging to her and then pulled up specktra on my phone to show her pictures. She thought it was so funny that I knew more about it than she did! She'll be going to update in the next few days and finding out all about it but she said she thinks MAC has been hush-hush because they want to keep the focus on Venomous Villains right now.

Knew it!
tong.gif
lol.gif

eidetica

Ladies, if anybody remembers Tippy from Hello Kitty? Same thing as Her Blooming Cheek, Full on Fuschia, ect....

If you'd keep up on your fashion magazine reading you'd know that white girls in bright pink need a beauty powder in a duller pink first. This is what Pretty Baby existed for. Put it on with that old fashioned big blobby blush brush.

THEN- use a small fan brush like the 17 something from Shu Uemura- MAC made you one but you didn't buy it so it was pulled. Put the bright stuff on along the cheekbone sparingly with this very precise brush; the 160 highlight brush might be workable... just build slowly so you don't get that Hot Mess Hooker look.

I'm an NW 15, actually paler but we make it work. I have a lot of wear on Tippy, and regret not buying that Azalea Ombre guy. It's all about using several colors and building a liveliness! That lovely gold highlight powder from Liberty of London, Shell Pearl has been HUGE fun this year for starting the build- nobody would believe bronzer on me, but a rich built up flush?

It's Great to be Cadaver White! More work is more chances to play in the pretty colors, so don't be afraid of bright pink.

singer82

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
Knew it!
tong.gif
lol.gif

lol I thought that too. Sounds like it will be AWESOME weeeeeeee

eidetica

After 75 pages of observation- you girls are having your legs pulled SOOO hard! And falling for it hard.

Those lipsticks don't have any relevance to the blushes or either to those pigments. Holiday is always shiny stuff for parties and long dark nights. We just got a big drop of dark pigments in Kitty Litter; I doubt MAC would add some gold sparkle to Antique Green! Besides, we don't usually get Holiday pigments- the sets come out.

And of course the pallets are the same every year. They're Xmas gifts for high school/ college market more than for us. We get things like those stunning mineral eyeshadows last year... Not plain Jane beige lipstick from a secondary '90's spring collection. Every Faerie in every Glen in the Angel Isles is gagging. Hardly a cold, moonlit color! And pointless at a Solstice bonfire.

Calling the bluff, MAC. Rodarte is half already in our collections and nobody wants white lipstick in Jingle Bell Season. Dangle bait I want at holiday parties if you want to get up a head of steam here....

LMD84

Quote:
OMG Katred, So Scarlet is one of my most favourite reds too - we must be twins in another dimension
th_remoteImage-61.gif

yes i love so scarlet too!
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by eidetica
After 75 pages of observation- you girls are having your legs pulled SOOO hard! And falling for it hard.

Those lipsticks don't have any relevance to the blushes or either to those pigments. Holiday is always shiny stuff for parties and long dark nights. We just got a big drop of dark pigments in Kitty Litter; I doubt MAC would add some gold sparkle to Antique Green! Besides, we don't usually get Holiday pigments- the sets come out.

And of course the pallets are the same every year. They're Xmas gifts for high school/ college market more than for us. We get things like those stunning mineral eyeshadows last year... Not plain Jane beige lipstick from a secondary '90's spring collection. Every Faerie in every Glen in the Angel Isles is gagging. Hardly a cold, moonlit color! And pointless at a Solstice bonfire.

Calling the bluff, MAC. Rodarte is half already in our collections and nobody wants white lipstick in Jingle Bell Season. Dangle bait I want at holiday parties if you want to get up a head of steam here....

mac used to do holiday pigments. it's only over the past couple of years that they have stopped. and we people that we trust and have given us good info before have indeed said that the pigments that are pictured will be coming out with this collection.

and i wouldn't say that the palettes are made for high school/ college kids at all. i like them - i'm not 'above' buying them in any way! they're the same quality shadows that you get in the perm line. i'm not sure why you would say that they are not for 'us'. who is 'us'?! we like mac - i don't care if it's in a pan, palette or pot!