MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

Camnagem

Well damn. I am so confused about the above.
shockt.gif
lol.gif

Where am I?

Random PS: Yay Team Insomnia!
pompom.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
Well damn. I am so confused about the above.
shockt.gif
lol.gif

Where am I?

Random PS: Yay Team Insomnia!
pompom.gif

Hell yes!
punk_.gif

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by eidetica
After 75 pages of observation- you girls are having your legs pulled SOOO hard! And falling for it hard.

Those lipsticks don't have any relevance to the blushes or either to those pigments. Holiday is always shiny stuff for parties and long dark nights. We just got a big drop of dark pigments in Kitty Litter; I doubt MAC would add some gold sparkle to Antique Green! Besides, we don't usually get Holiday pigments- the sets come out.

And of course the pallets are the same every year. They're Xmas gifts for high school/ college market more than for us. We get things like those stunning mineral eyeshadows last year... Not plain Jane beige lipstick from a secondary '90's spring collection. Every Faerie in every Glen in the Angel Isles is gagging. Hardly a cold, moonlit color! And pointless at a Solstice bonfire.

Calling the bluff, MAC. Rodarte is half already in our collections and nobody wants white lipstick in Jingle Bell Season. Dangle bait I want at holiday parties if you want to get up a head of steam here....

where are you getting your information from? ilovemakeup and HerGreyness are both trusted members of specktra, and without meaning to be rude, you've just appeared and ran your mouth without giving any sources; then insulted us for being suckered in by fake information and buying the palettes? if you're so wise, please share where you got this information with us
smiles.gif

Ilenia

Hey everyone!

I'm new to this forum and I'd like to join you waiting for more infos about TT.

I'll skip VV because I've to save money for the pigment sets - and maybe a brush set if they turn out to be allright this time.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilenia
Hey everyone!

I'll skip VV because I've to save money for the pigment sets - and maybe a brush set if they turn out to be allright this time.

th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
th_hug.gif

The update on Monday will be amazing- I'm getting pigment sets, too.
winkiss.gif

Ilenia

Aww, thank you!

I already own quiet a few pigment samples but those will be my first 'real' pigments.
Can't remember what I've done without pigments! Gotta love them!
heart.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Aww, thank you!

I already own quiet a few pigment samples but those will be my first 'real' pigments.
heart.gif

Ugh I know! I bought my first full-size pigment earlier this year, and I don't know how I did my makeup before! MAC has completely changed my routine.
cutey.gif
mac_addict.gif

spunky

Quote:
Hey everyone!

i'm the same, my interest in VV has plummeted. have you seen the photos of the brush sets for this year?

Ilenia

layla:
Me too! About two months ago I had never bought anything from MAC and now I own 20(?) pigment samples, 3 blushes, 4 msf's, a concealer... MAC starts to eat my wallet
winks.gif

spunky:
Thanks 2 u for welcoming, too!
Yes, I've seen those and I'd really like to try those since I've read so many good opinions about MAC brushes and I don't own one by now. But I've also read that the SE brushes usually are of minor quality so I don't whether I should buy one
th_dunno.gif

Camnagem

Quote:
Hey everyone!

Welcome!!!
wavey.gif

I'll be checking out the brush sets this year too. Hopefully they'll be decent because I need a travel set...and the bag is just awesome!
heart.gif

spunky

Quote:
layla:
Me too! About two months ago I had never bought anything from MAC and now I own 20(?) pigment samples, 3 blushes, 4 msf's, a concealer... MAC starts to eat my wallet
winks.gif

spunky:
Thanks 2 u for welcoming, too!
Yes, I've seen those and I'd really like to try those since I've read so many good opinions about MAC brushes and I don't own one by now. But I've also read that the SE brushes usually are of minor quality so I don't whether I should buy one
th_dunno.gif

if you have access to a counter, go and have a look at them in person. obviously everyone has a different opinion, so what one person thinks is rubbish, someone else may think is great value. it's really down to what you think of them
smiles.gif
don't be scared to manhandle them either! pull the bristles, test them on your hand/arm to see how they feel, and if you like them then treat yourself
winks.gif

Ilenia

Camnagem:
That's why I'm really into them. Somehow I really like brushes in travel size. I'm nearsighted and I have to go so close to the mirror, that I always hit it with normal-sized brushes.

Spunky:
As far as I know, the collection will be released a couple of weeks or days later in Germany. So I guess, I will first of all wait what you guys are saying about the brush sets and if it's not too bad I will go to the counter and have a look myself. Well, I'll go there anyway since I want the pigment sets and maybe a lipglass set as well
winks.gif

silentstorm143

Quote:
Hey everyone!

Welcome to the forum!

spunky

Quote:
Camnagem:
That's why I'm really into them. Somehow I really like brushes in travel size. I'm nearsighted and I have to go so close to the mirror, that I always hit it with normal-sized brushes.

Spunky:
As far as I know, the collection will be released a couple of weeks or days later in Germany. So I guess, I will first of all wait what you guys are saying about the brush sets and if it's not too bad I will go to the counter and have a look myself. Well, I'll go there anyway since I want the pigment sets and maybe a lipglass set as well
winks.gif

hehe you can't stay away from the counter! i can't decide if i want a pigment set or a palette... i'm leaning towards a palette but it depends what the pigments are
smiles.gif
monday seems like a loooong way away now!

Eleentje

Quote:
I'm nearsighted and I have to go so close to the mirror, that I always hit it with normal-sized brushes.

Oh man, now that I can't wear contacts anymore, it has been so frustrating having to stand really close to the mirror to be able to see anything
th_mad0217.gif

I think brush sets are not too bad for someone who is just getting into Mac.
The only full-size brush you should definitely invest into and no waste your time on the SE version is 239. The rest of the brushes I've got with my Antiquitease set are not too bad.

I can't wait til Erin's update and, most importantly, the swatches! I haven't been posting much on Specktra in the past couple of months (mainly cos it takes me forever to write one post--I tend to ramble), but keep checking on the news for this collection the whoooooole time! Definitely will be investing into those piggies
th_drool.gif

I think it will be the collection Ill be splurging the most money on this year
smiles.gif

I really like the looks of that eye set (let's hope its gonna be a gorgeous colour, something else than the last revision of Teal!), piggie sets will be mine (i'm also a piggie addict
mac_haul.gif
), and those sets with a lipstick and a dazzleglass look nice as well. And that gorgeous lipstick photo of which was posted a while ago looks amazing!

Eleentje

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I am tired to google to be honest.

LOL, that's what I've been doing the whole time at work, whenever I'd have nothing to do (Specktra is blocked at work, poo!)! But everyone is keeping their lips sealed about this one. I think Mac has explicitly asked everyone who have access to this collection's information to be hush-hush about it not to spoil the VV fun (just like it was mentioned a number of times).
I think the information will start flooding in in October
smiles.gif

Despite me being super-impatient and excited for this collection, just like all of you guys, I should say that we shouldn't forget that we are quite priveleged to be getting all the collection information as early as we do, thanks to the effort of various lovely Specktrettes
smiles.gif
So we shouldn't complain, really
smiles.gif

LittleMaryJane

I don't mind waiting for collection info, really. It's like how I save gifts to open for as long as I can... Delaying the awesomeness
smiles.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Aww, thank you!

heart.gif

to specktra!
smiles.gif
i cant remember what i did before pigments either! they are truely awesome!
smiles.gif
enjoy!
smiles.gif

Ilenia

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
hehe you can't stay away from the counter! i can't decide if i want a pigment set or a palette... i'm leaning towards a palette but it depends what the pigments are
smiles.gif
monday seems like a loooong way away now!

No, I can't! It's seriously like an addiction! A few months ago I didn't care about MAC and now I'm pleading for every little information I can get about the new collections!
mac_addict.gif

I reall like one of the palettes as well but I know I can still buy similar eyeshadows the rest of the year. But I wouldn't buy the regular pigments since it's way too much, you never get through it and it's quite pricey. I prefer the pigments sets - more than one colour, not as large as the regular ones and quite a good deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleentje
Oh man, now that I can't wear contacts anymore, it has been so frustrating having to stand really close to the mirror to be able to see anything
th_mad0217.gif

I think brush sets are not too bad for someone who is just getting into Mac.
The only full-size brush you should definitely invest into and no waste your time on the SE version is 239. The rest of the brushes I've got with my Antiquitease set are not too bad.

I can't wait til Erin's update and, most importantly, the swatches! I haven't been posting much on Specktra in the past couple of months (mainly cos it takes me forever to write one post--I tend to ramble), but keep checking on the news for this collection the whoooooole time! Definitely will be investing into those piggies
th_drool.gif

I think it will be the collection Ill be splurging the most money on this year
smiles.gif

I really like the looks of that eye set (let's hope its gonna be a gorgeous colour, something else than the last revision of Teal!), piggie sets will be mine (i'm also a piggie addict
mac_haul.gif
), and those sets with a lipstick and a dazzleglass look nice as well. And that gorgeous lipstick photo of which was posted a while ago looks amazing!

What's so special about the 239? I have a similar one from Zoeva. I still need a good blending brush tho - mine's way too fluffy for blending.
ssad.gif

I can't wait fo Erin's update, too! I've been checking this website for quite a few weeks now and finally decided to register as well.