MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

panther27

Quote:
Originally Posted by eidetica
After 75 pages of observation- you girls are having your legs pulled SOOO hard! And falling for it hard.

Those lipsticks don't have any relevance to the blushes or either to those pigments. Holiday is always shiny stuff for parties and long dark nights. We just got a big drop of dark pigments in Kitty Litter; I doubt MAC would add some gold sparkle to Antique Green! Besides, we don't usually get Holiday pigments- the sets come out.

And of course the pallets are the same every year. They're Xmas gifts for high school/ college market more than for us. We get things like those stunning mineral eyeshadows last year... Not plain Jane beige lipstick from a secondary '90's spring collection. Every Faerie in every Glen in the Angel Isles is gagging. Hardly a cold, moonlit color! And pointless at a Solstice bonfire.

Calling the bluff, MAC. Rodarte is half already in our collections and nobody wants white lipstick in Jingle Bell Season. Dangle bait I want at holiday parties if you want to get up a head of steam here....

Whaaa?Your post makes no sense.Don't agree at all.And besides,those sets are marketed NOT just for college kids.I am 31,and I love those sets thankyouverymuch
th_DANCE.gif

MzzRach

Welcome Ilenia! And the 239 brush is utterly amazing, it is super soft, but also firm so you have a lot of control in application. Very versatile. That one and the 217 are my fave MAC eye brushes.

I love pigments and I love MAC palettes. Bring 'em on, I say.
winkiss.gif
I still use my warm eyes and smokey eyes palettes from the 2008 Holiday Collection all the time. The quality of the shadows is wonderful.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
I love pigments and I love MAC palettes. Bring 'em on, I say.
winkiss.gif
I still use my warm eyes and smokey eyes palettes from the 2008 Holiday Collection all the time. The quality of the shadows is wonderful.

iagree.gif

LMD84

i like the palettes for doing super quick looks when i am travelling or staying over night somewhere. my smokey eyes palette will be coming to Sony HQ with me in October!
smiles.gif

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilenia
Hey everyone!

I'm new to this forum and I'd like to join you waiting for more infos about TT.

I'll skip VV because I've to save money for the pigment sets - and maybe a brush set if they turn out to be allright this time.

specktra_welcome.gif
Let's hope the pigment set and the brush set will be amazing.
yes.gif
Wish I could skip VV. You're very strong.
cutey.gif

And I have to comment on your lovely avatar. Very cute!
heart.gif
My normal avatar is hello kitty as well. Snow white is my VV special editon avatar.
greengrin.gif
Wondering if everyone will be rocking Wonder Woman avatar next spring. I cannot wait!
choochoo.gif

cutegingerbread

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
Whaaa?Your post makes no sense.Don't agree at all.And besides,those sets are marketed NOT just for college kids.I am 31,and I love those sets thankyouverymuch
th_DANCE.gif

I don't get what "college kids" means in that...I'm a "college kid", that doesn't mean I don't like high quality
th_LMAO.gif
I LOVE my palettes from holiday, it's nice to get shadows all in one to travel
yes.gif

cutegingerbread

Quote:
No, I can't! It's seriously like an addiction! A few months ago I didn't care about MAC and now I'm pleading for every little information I can get about the new collections!
mac_addict.gif

I reall like one of the palettes as well but I know I can still buy similar eyeshadows the rest of the year. But I wouldn't buy the regular pigments since it's way too much, you never get through it and it's quite pricey. I prefer the pigments sets - more than one colour, not as large as the regular ones and quite a good deal.

What's so special about the 239? I have a similar one from Zoeva. I still need a good blending brush tho - mine's way too fluffy for blending.
ssad.gif

I can't wait fo Erin's update, too! I've been checking this website for quite a few weeks now and finally decided to register as well.

You should try the 217! It's not TOO fluffy yet blends so nicely
winks.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutegingerbread
winks.gif

iagree.gif
the 217 is great! the 222 is good too if you want a more skinny version that will still be ok for blending
smiles.gif

Eleentje

Yeah, out of all the brushes I have, I reach for 239 brush the most! I love 217 brush as well. I purchased it along wih 224 brush, because of all the good feedback on these brushes on Specktra, and with them, I've finally realized what "blending" really means
smiles.gif
I was clueless before, eep
blush-anim-cl.gif

I do like a few of the palettes, but would like to know what finishes those will be, before I make my decision...

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleentje
Yeah, out of all the brushes I have, I reach for 239 brush the most! I love 217 brush as well. I purchased it along wih 224 brush, because of all the good feedback on these brushes on Specktra, and with them, I've finally realized what "blending" really means
smiles.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif

I do like a few of the palettes, but would like to know what finishes those will be, before I make my decision...

we find out on monday
th_DANCE.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
hehe you can't stay away from the counter! i can't decide if i want a pigment set or a palette... i'm leaning towards a palette but it depends what the pigments are
smiles.gif
monday seems like a loooong way away now!

Having the same struggle! I'll be dropping a ton on VV, so I can't really get a pigment set AND a palette. Have to see what colors are in it, though, like you said. But, at the moment, I am leaning more toward a palette, one of the smoky eyes. I know I should get the warm so that I have a set of neutrals, but I think we all know I'm gonna go for the purple one.
tong.gif

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
Having the same struggle! I'll be dropping a ton on VV, so I can't really get a pigment set AND a palette. Have to see what colors are in it, though, like you said. But, at the moment, I am leaning more toward a palette, one of the smoky eyes. I know I should get the warm so that I have a set of neutrals, but I think we all know I'm gonna go for the purple one.
tong.gif

i'm not getting that much from VV, so my TT haul will be epic.

i like the purple one too, not gonna lie! it's gorgeous in the photo. hopefully it'll have lots of sexy VPs and starflashes and no velvets or lustres... *wishful thinking*

LMD84

Quote:

i like the purple one too, not gonna lie! it's gorgeous in the photo. hopefully it'll have lots of sexy VPs and starflashes and no velvets or lustres... *wishful thinking*

i'm the opposite! i'm VV crazy and TT will be sticking to my £50 budget
smiles.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:

Yes- let's hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i'm the opposite! i'm VV crazy and TT will be sticking to my £50 budget
smiles.gif

Me too! Don't have a budget that strict, but I will be trying to stay within a certain limit. And I'm going to ask for some stuff for my birthday, I guess. They're always asking what to get me- might as well tell them what I want.
tong.gif

EDIT: I'm hoping that after the update, I'll fall in love with a bunch of TT stuff and be able to cut my VV list way back.
yes.gif
Let's hope.

Ilenia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
to specktra!
smiles.gif
i cant remember what i did before pigments either! they are truely awesome!
smiles.gif
enjoy!
smiles.gif

Thanks a lot! I will definitly enjoy some more pigments once the TT edition is out
th_DANCE.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
Welcome Ilenia! And the 239 brush is utterly amazing, it is super soft, but also firm so you have a lot of control in application. Very versatile. That one and the 217 are my fave MAC eye brushes.

Thanks for welcoming and for your advice! I'll definitly check out the 217 as well then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
Hi Ilenia! Welcome! MAC is so addicting that you cannot stay away from your Freestanding store and/or counter.

Thank you! And so true! BTW I love you e/s in your avatar! It's a blue one, right? Unfortunately, I hate how blue e/s looks on me but I love it on other people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
specktra_welcome.gif
Let's hope the pigment set and the brush set will be amazing.
yes.gif
Wish I could skip VV. You're very strong.
cutey.gif

And I have to comment on your lovely avatar. Very cute!
heart.gif
My normal avatar is hello kitty as well. Snow white is my VV special editon avatar.
greengrin.gif
Wondering if everyone will be rocking Wonder Woman avatar next spring. I cannot wait!
choochoo.gif

Thank you! I love my avatar, too!
greengrin.gif
I like Hello Kitty and I collect everything connected with ladybugs! I like your avatar as well, tho! I love Disney movies anyway!
choochoo.gif

EDIT: I'm not that strong - lucky thing for me is that I'm more addicted to mineralize blushes, msf's and pigments and the VV has none of these
tong.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutegingerbread
winks.gif

Thank you! Now you and MzzRach told me to try the 217! Sounds like the perfect one! Hopefully I'll be shopping next week. Then I'll stop at the Mac counter and have a look!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleentje
smiles.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif

And another one loving the 217!
winks.gif
I'm also not sure whether I already know what "blending" really means since my brush isn't that good...at least I think so.

TeresitaMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I am glad Erin will go to her update on Monday. I am tired to google to be honest.

We appreciate your googling!!!
th_hug.gif
kisses.gif
I've tried to help you out there, too
th_wink3.gif
winkiss.gif

TeresitaMC

Quote:
Hey everyone!

I'm new to this forum and I'd like to join you waiting for more infos about TT.

I'll skip VV because I've to save money for the pigment sets - and maybe a brush set if they turn out to be allright this time.

th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
Welcome to Specktra, lovely lady!!
greengrin.gif
th_DANCE.gif

th_770016001157748873-final.gif
drinkup.gif
party.gif

I love your cute little HK avatar, so cuttttte!
greengrin.gif

I'm another lover for the 217
winks.gif
hehe
tong.gif
It's great for applying and blending eyeshadow in the "outer v"
thmbup.gif

Ilenia

Thank you, Teresita! Love the smilies!
There's no brush similar to the 217 in the TT sets if I remember correctly, right?

What a warm welcome! Thank you all again!
th_hug.gif