MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

cutemiauw

Welcome, Ilenia
wavey.gif

217 is my first MAC brush. I use it to pat my eyeshadow too. I didn't have 239 and now I wonder if it's better to get the 239 or the brush set with 219 and 252 in it
th_confused_new.gif

panther27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutegingerbread
I don't get what "college kids" means in that...I'm a "college kid", that doesn't mean I don't like high quality
th_LMAO.gif
I LOVE my palettes from holiday, it's nice to get shadows all in one to travel
yes.gif

I was referring to eiditicas post.

cutegingerbread

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
I was referring to eiditicas post.

i know panther =] she mentioned that the palettes are for the "college market" and not "us"? i don't understand what that has to do with anything lol oh well
th_dunno.gif

SO excited for monday so we can possibly get an update on all this!
th_DANCE.gif
choochoo.gif

cutegingerbread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutemiauw
Welcome, Ilenia
wavey.gif

217 is my first MAC brush. I use it to pat my eyeshadow too. I didn't have 239 and now I wonder if it's better to get the 239 or the brush set with 219 and 252 in it
th_confused_new.gif

from past experience, i wouldn't generally recommend the holiday set brushes...i have a 252 from a holiday set and it's scrathy and mean on my eyelids (idk...mean now describes brushes haha). I really don't know how the brush sets will be but I agree with a previous comment of tryign it out on ur hand to make sure it's not scratchy.

yay for the 217! lol it was my first mac brush too and still my love
yes.gif

panther27

Quote:
i know panther =] she mentioned that the palettes are for the "college market" and not "us"? i don't understand what that has to do with anything lol oh well
th_dunno.gif

SO excited for monday so we can possibly get an update on all this!
th_DANCE.gif
choochoo.gif

Yeah,that was a bit odd,I don't think the kits and palettes are marketed toward anyone in particular either.Just people who like makeup
th_LMAO.gif

cutegingerbread

Quote:
Yeah,that was a bit odd,I don't think the kits and palettes are marketed toward anyone in particular either.Just people who like makeup
th_LMAO.gif

iagree.gif
th_LMAO.gif

I'm passing on VV becuase I wasn't too impressed...but definitely need to save for the holiday stuff!
mac_addict.gif

peachsuns

Quote:
from past experience, i wouldn't generally recommend the holiday set brushes...i have a 252 from a holiday set and it's scrathy and mean on my eyelids (idk...mean now describes brushes haha). I really don't know how the brush sets will be but I agree with a previous comment of tryign it out on ur hand to make sure it's not scratchy.

yay for the 217! lol it was my first mac brush too and still my love
yes.gif

My 252SE is very scratchy, too! It is so rough!
lol.gif
Then, I read at MAC site that 252 is good for emollient-based products. That makes sense. The people at MUA are recommending this brush for concealers. Silly me is still trying this brush for eyeshadow hoping one day this brush will be soft after cleaning and conditioning. Still not luck yet.
lol.gif
I'm just having fun.
cutey.gif

GlamQueen21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilenia
Thank you! And so true! BTW I love you e/s in your avatar! It's a blue one, right? Unfortunately, I hate how blue e/s looks on me but I love it on other people!

No, it's a green look that I did awhile ago and decided to change my avatar to that look since it's gorgeous! I bet that blue e/s will look gorgeous on your by using the ight colors for them. Here's what my green look looks like with the pic being a bit bigger than the one in my avatar:

100_1014.jpg

Eleentje

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
we find out on monday
th_DANCE.gif

choochoo.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
i'm not getting that much from VV, so my TT haul will be epic.
Same here, although some VV items are slowly creeping into my short list, that previously contained just the 2 MES. My wallet is starting to shiver in fear, lol
smiles.gif

i like the purple one too, not gonna lie! it's gorgeous in the photo. hopefully it'll have lots of sexy VPs and starflashes and no velvets or lustres... *wishful thinking*

Omg, that would be like a wet dream come true
drools.gif
Imagine a full starflash and VP palette!

Quote:
th_dunno.gif

I think she was referring to the tartan print? A wild guess here.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleentje
drools.gif

Starflash and VP?!?!? That would be amazing.
drools.gif

And if she was referring to Tartan print, then I guess I really am a college student, because I am excited!!!
cutey.gif

cutegingerbread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleentje
choochoo.gif

drools.gif

drools.gif
jawdrop.gif
OMG MAC pleaseeee do this!

panther27

Just think,on Monday,not only will we know about this collection,but we will know about the others mentioned.Maybe even the first collection of January
choochoo.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Just think,on Monday,not only will we know about this collection,but we will know about the others mentioned.Maybe even the first collection of January
choochoo.gif

I know!!! It's gonna be a great week makeup-wise.
drools.gif

Leven

Quote:
choochoo.gif

Dear God, I came back here just at the right time xD

On the subject of A Tartan Tale...

If i had more $$$ I would be ALL OVER this collection because I love the fabric and I have yet to get a holiday set ( I do have the Purple palette from last years Holiday collection though)...but I don't, so yeah lol

hawaii02

If Starflash shadows come out in a palette, I am all over it! A palette with a a cream highlighter, forest green, gray, and maroon sparkle VP..mixed in with a few fun colors for pop. In a red candy-cane themed case.

Stylistic_x3

HELLOO!!

I went to my local MAC Store today & saw that they were PRE-SELLING for a Tartan Tale! They had the book of pictures & information, I nearly fainted of over excitement!
drools.gif

I haven't been reading the last bunch of pages of this thread, so Idk if I'm just giving away old news... but I'm going to share in case anyway!

I'm just excited at the fact that new Dazzleglass Cremes are on their way, but was disappointed to not see "Amorous" DGC in the collection. I just feel like it's the ultimate holiday color.

The single eyeshadows are in their regular packaging, & have a Tartan-like print imprinted on the actual makeup product itself. Quite cute, if you ask me! They also have a cute teddybear with tartan print on it, I believe for their special holiday charity? As well as their Viva Glam lipset consisting of VG V l/s & l/g in a tartan bag, which also goes to their AIDS fund.

Sorry I can't provide anymore info! But I hope this kind of helps the itch we're all feeling. I'M SO EXCIIITED!
greengrin.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylistic_x3
HELLOO!!

I went to my local MAC Store today & saw that they were PRE-SELLING for a Tartan Tale! They had the book of pictures & information, I nearly fainted of over excitement!
drools.gif

I haven't been reading the last bunch of pages of this thread, so Idk if I'm just giving away old news... but I'm going to share in case anyway!

I'm just excited at the fact that new Dazzleglass Cremes are on their way, but was disappointed to not see "Amorous" DGC in the collection. I just feel like it's the ultimate holiday color.

The single eyeshadows are in their regular packaging, & have a Tartan-like print imprinted on the actual makeup product itself. Quite cute, if you ask me! They also have a cute teddybear with tartan print on it, I believe for their special holiday charity? As well as their Viva Glam lipset consisting of VG V l/s & l/g in a tartan bag, which also goes to their AIDS fund.

Sorry I can't provide anymore info! But I hope this kind of helps the itch we're all feeling. I'M SO EXCIIITED!
greengrin.gif

I haven't heard ANY of this!!! Please- tell us everything!
greengrin.gif
heart.gif

trulynicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylistic_x3
HELLOO!!

drools.gif

greengrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
I haven't heard ANY of this!!! Please- tell us everything!
greengrin.gif
heart.gif

WOW :) more info please?

panther27

HELLOO!!

drools.gif

greengrin.gif
[/quotet
So these are regular shadows and not mes?