MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

Soul Unique

I'm thinking i'll get the viva glam set, instead of the other lipstick/lipglass set that we've seen.

My mind however hasn't stopped thinking about those blushes and Family Crest pigment, those are my must haves!!

Eleentje

Teddy bears? eyeshadows with tartan print on them? Viva glam set? (fingers crossed it's not in palette form) All I can say is:
omg.gif
holysheep.gif
jawdrop.gif
th_WeAreDoomed.png
mac_atemywallet.gif

I can't wait for more info! I'm not fussed about DGC, cos I don't really like that milky look of them, but the rest is gonna make me soooo poor!

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleentje
I wonder if that purple pigment in the other set is "Later"?

oooh! good thinking! i think it's more likely to be deep purple or grape, as stylistic_x3 said it's pure purple as opposed to blackened purple, but we can hope right?
smiles.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleentje
Teddy bears? eyeshadows with tartan print on them? Viva glam set? (fingers crossed it's not in palette form) All I can say is:

Viva Glam sets in holiday collections usually are in palette form.

Ilenia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne

Oh, I didn't know that! Then I guess I'll buy Viva Glam V as a 'real' lipstick sometime but I'll wait for more info coming out - maybe I like he palette, although I doubt it. I dunno - I don't like l/s as palette form.
th_dunno.gif

kayley123

Quote:
Originally Posted by eidetica
Ladies, if anybody remembers Tippy from Hello Kitty? Same thing as Her Blooming Cheek, Full on Fuschia, ect....

If you'd keep up on your fashion magazine reading you'd know that white girls in bright pink need a beauty powder in a duller pink first. This is what Pretty Baby existed for. Put it on with that old fashioned big blobby blush brush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eidetica
After 75 pages of observation- you girls are having your legs pulled SOOO hard! And falling for it hard.

And of course the pallets are the same every year. They're Xmas gifts for high school/ college market more than for us.

Eidetica: Re your first comment: I agree that MAC does keep releasing the same colors with little or no change. It's a marketing ploy that unfortunately works--people keep buying them because of the hope that the tiny change will be what makes this color just perfect for them--but Re your 2nd comment, you seem to have voiced your opinion in a slightly condescending tone, which I don't really appreciate.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilenia
Oh, I didn't know that! Then I guess I'll buy Viva Glam V as a 'real' lipstick sometime but I'll wait for more info coming out - maybe I like he palette, although I doubt it. I dunno - I don't like l/s as palette form.
th_dunno.gif

yes you are not alone in not liking lippies in a palette form. i'm not keen either. i hate applying lippie with a stick. if i'm in a rush i don't want to fiddle with a palette!

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
yes you are not alone in not liking lippies in a palette form. i'm not keen either. i hate applying lippie with a stick. if i'm in a rush i don't want to fiddle with a palette!

iagree.gif

Ilenia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84

Yes! That's exactly what I think! And about taking it with you...You can hold a lipstick in one hand and a mirror in the other but with a palette...I would need three hands; holding the mirror in one, the stick in another and the palette in a third one. No, not a good idea
thmbdn.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by fferonica
Which brush is better for blending? the 217 or the 224 brush? TIA

the 224 is my fave bledning brush but i never actually apply colour with that brush because it's way too fluffy. the 217 is good for applying colour and blending. i love them both for those different reasons
smiles.gif

Ilenia

Quote:
Originally Posted by fferonica
Which brush is better for blending? the 217 or the 224 brush? TIA

I've asked for a good blending brush yesterday and I was recommended the 217 brush by many girls.

cbh02b

Im still needing more info!!! I really want to know about that Courting Lilac lipstick....for someone who missed out on Lavendar Whip and who didn't like Fashion Mews I need another light purple!! I am too fair for any of the perm ones

cutegingerbread

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
DGCs=
sick.gif

sorry. i hate these glosses! they didn't sell for crap at my counter.

UGH whyyy mac? i HATE those!
nope.gif

I never really go for the Dazzleglasses, DGC, and Creamsheen Glosses....they just seem like a rip off with less product but more price lol

cody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne

Wasn't it mentioned that this one would come in a tartan bag though? They don't usually put palettes in bags so maybe there's always a possibility they could be doing it differently this year. Fingers crossed!

Ilenia

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody
Wasn't it mentioned that this one would come in a tartan bag though? They don't usually put palettes in bags so maybe there's always a possibility they could be doing it differently this year. Fingers crossed!

Yeah, that's true! Already forgot about what was mentioned...Hopefully it's no palette but a box with the 'real' l/s and l/g!
*keeping my fingers crossed as well*

cutemiauw

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody

Exactly! That's why I have my hopes up... and maybe this year MAC would realize that lip palette didn't sell well?
I didn't like lip palette either, it just looks un-hygienic to me
th_dunno.gif
Anyways, looking forward to the update tomorrow
th_DANCE.gif

Stylistic_x3

This Viva Glam set was as the other lip bag sets were. It was not in a palette form, but was just your regular VG l/s & l/g & sold with a little Tartan bag for $36 I believe. [: From what I'm recalling. Haha, I'm so scared that this is all too good to be true & I'm recalling a fantasy! LOL!