MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

Soul Unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylistic_x3
The single eyeshadows are in their regular packaging, & have a Tartan-like print imprinted on the actual makeup product itself. Quite cute, if you ask me! They also have a cute teddybear with tartan print on it, I believe for their special holiday charity? As well as their Viva Glam lipset consisting of VG V l/s & l/g in a tartan bag, which also goes to their AIDS fund.

Sorry I can't provide anymore info! But I hope this kind of helps the itch we're all feeling. I'M SO EXCIIITED!
greengrin.gif

Ooooh nice one! Cheers for the info!

Camnagem

Quote:
HELLOO!!

I went to my local MAC Store today & saw that they were PRE-SELLING for a Tartan Tale! They had the book of pictures & information, I nearly fainted of over excitement!
drools.gif

I haven't been reading the last bunch of pages of this thread, so Idk if I'm just giving away old news... but I'm going to share in case anyway!

I'm just excited at the fact that new Dazzleglass Cremes are on their way, but was disappointed to not see "Amorous" DGC in the collection. I just feel like it's the ultimate holiday color.

The single eyeshadows are in their regular packaging, & have a Tartan-like print imprinted on the actual makeup product itself. Quite cute, if you ask me! They also have a cute teddybear with tartan print on it, I believe for their special holiday charity? As well as their Viva Glam lipset consisting of VG V l/s & l/g in a tartan bag, which also goes to their AIDS fund.

Sorry I can't provide anymore info! But I hope this kind of helps the itch we're all feeling. I'M SO EXCIIITED!
greengrin.gif

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

th_happy1.gif

That about sums it up.
th_roll1.gif

PS: Tell us more!
yes.gif

Stylistic_x3

I unfortunately did not get any nitty gritty details (like names etc), because I was in such a rush, but I was trying to take in the photos provided as much as possible. The eyeshadows do seem to be just the single regular eyeshadows, not MES, for a change.

They didn't seem to have info on the quint-pigments & quint-lipglass mini sets in their book. I also did not see many new things we haven't already seen as far as the lip bags, brush bags & palettes go. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, you can refer to Temptalia's blog HERE.)

However, I did see that the pigment/ fluidline/ zoomlash bag set consisting of that teal looking pigment, & Blitz & Glitz fluidline has an alternative set to choose from. The other piggy/ fluidline/ zoomlash bag set consists of a purple pigment & a deep purple fluidline. (Again, sorry that I don't have names!) From what I can try to remember, the pigment was a pretty deep purple, but not like a black-ish purple or anything; definitely didn't look like a lavender or lighter violet, to me. (Just a side note, I'm SO planning to get this one, haha!
yahoo.gif
)

I'd also like to add that the official launch date for the Tartan Tale collection will be a little later this year: October 28, 2010.

***I sincerely apologize in advanced if any of this information may be incorrect. I'm seriously trying to draw from memory 'cause I didn't have much time to look over it. But this is from what I can recall! Otherwise, at least we only have 2 more days til we can get some official info on this site! Thank you, loves!
heart.gif

Nzsallyb

Quote:
I unfortunately did not get any nitty gritty details (like names etc), because I was in such a rush, but I was trying to take in the photos provided as much as possible. The eyeshadows do seem to be just the single regular eyeshadows, not MES, for a change.

They didn't seem to have info on the quint-pigments & quint-lipglass mini sets in their book. I also did not see many new things we haven't already seen as far as the lip bags, brush bags & palettes go. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, you can refer to Temptalia's blog HERE.)

However, I did see that the pigment/ fluidline/ zoomlash bag set consisting of that teal looking pigment, & Blitz & Glitz fluidline has an alternative set to choose from. The other piggy/ fluidline/ zoomlash bag set consists of a purple pigment & a deep purple fluidline. (Again, sorry that I don't have names!) From what I can try to remember, the pigment was a pretty deep purple, but not like a black-ish purple or anything; definitely didn't look like a lavender or lighter violet, to me. (Just a side note, I'm SO planning to get this one, haha!
yahoo.gif
)

I'd also like to add that the official launch date for the Tartan Tale collection will be a little later this year: October 28, 2010.

***I sincerely apologize in advanced if any of this information may be incorrect. I'm seriously trying to draw from memory 'cause I didn't have much time to look over it. But this is from what I can recall! Otherwise, at least we only have 2 more days til we can get some official info on this site! Thank you, loves!
heart.gif

thanks for the info! the teddy bear sounds real cute too! and single e/s! yay! im so looking forward to this

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
So these are regular shadows and not mes?

This would be awesome!!
thmbup.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
DGCs=
sick.gif

sorry. i hate these glosses! they didn't sell for crap at my counter.

I still haven't tried one
th_dunno.gif
hmm.gif

peachsuns

Thank you so much, Stylistic_x3!!!
heart.gif

Tell us anything you remember please.
th_worship.gif

Quote:
omg,I just caught this,tartan print on the shadows!?
drools.gif
drools.gif
drools.gif

My jaw just dropped!
th_drool.gif
th_drool.gif
th_drool.gif
That sounds so pretty!

Leven

Quote:
DGCs=
sick.gif

+1

I tried them at my local counter, yeah, no lol. I'm kinda close with the people who work there and one of the guys saw me swatching them on my hand, and he was was like

"Oh no, why not try the regular dazzlegalsses instead?"

I got my first Dazzleglass that day

yay for him
tong.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
DGCs=
sick.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leven
+1

Ditto
tong.gif

I gave them a shot, but I really dislike them. At least that's one thing I can pass
th_dunno.gif

peachsuns

Quote:
DGCs=
sick.gif

I haven't tried DGC yet simply because I'm quite happy with MAC regular lipglasses.
yes.gif
Plus, Cremesheen Glass doesn't last on my lips at all. That's half part of DGC, right?
lol.gif
So, I don't feel the need to try them.
tong.gif

LMD84

Quote:
omg,I just caught this,tartan print on the shadows!?
drools.gif
drools.gif
drools.gif

how awesome is that?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzsallyb
thanks for the info! the teddy bear sounds real cute too! and single e/s! yay! im so looking forward to this

the teddy does sound cute and i'm so thrilled for their to be no mes!! my prayers have been answered!

Quote:
DGCs=
sick.gif

yup i've said it many times about how i dislike those glosses
ssad.gif

cutemiauw

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutegingerbread
from past experience, i wouldn't generally recommend the holiday set brushes...i have a 252 from a holiday set and it's scrathy and mean on my eyelids (idk...mean now describes brushes haha). I really don't know how the brush sets will be but I agree with a previous comment of tryign it out on ur hand to make sure it's not scratchy.

yay for the 217! lol it was my first mac brush too and still my love
yes.gif

I only have two full size MAC brushes, 217 and 226. Love them both
yes.gif
Thanks for the advice
thmbup.gif
. I'll just wait until the collection came out and test it first, and then decide
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
My 252SE is very scratchy, too! It is so rough!
lol.gif
Then, I read at MAC site that 252 is good for emollient-based products. That makes sense. The people at MUA are recommending this brush for concealers. Silly me is still trying this brush for eyeshadow hoping one day this brush will be soft after cleaning and conditioning. Still not luck yet.
lol.gif
I'm just having fun.
cutey.gif

One reason why I wanted to get the 252 is because on the last time I did my makeover, the MUA used 252 on me and she said it's working great for my eyelids. But maybe the 252SE is not a good choice after all.

Quote:

Is the VG lipset in a palette or in normal form? Fingers crossed that they are not in palette...

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
No, it's a green look that I did awhile ago and decided to change my avatar to that look since it's gorgeous! I bet that blue e/s will look gorgeous on your by using the ight colors for them. Here's what my green look looks like with the pic being a bit bigger than the one in my avatar:

100_1014.jpg

looking good sweetie!
smiles.gif

spunky

SQUEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
tartan and teddy bears? yeah, i've said it before but this is going to be my collection of the year!
greengrin.gif
th_DANCE.gif
choochoo.gif
mac_haul.gif

Ilenia

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutemiauw
Welcome, Ilenia
wavey.gif

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutegingerbread
from past experience, i wouldn't generally recommend the holiday set brushes...i have a 252 from a holiday set and it's scrathy and mean on my eyelids (idk...mean now describes brushes haha). I really don't know how the brush sets will be but I agree with a previous comment of tryign it out on ur hand to make sure it's not scratchy.

yay for the 217! lol it was my first mac brush too and still my love
yes.gif

Everyone seems to love the 217! So it's definitly on my shopping list for next week!
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
No, it's a green look that I did awhile ago and decided to change my avatar to that look since it's gorgeous! I bet that blue e/s will look gorgeous on your by using the ight colors for them. Here's what my green look looks like with the pic being a bit bigger than the one in my avatar:

Thank you for showing the bigger picture! It looks really gorgeous and it's such a wonderful color! What's the name of the e/s? [EDIT: Just had a look at you blog and there is was! The answer!
th_DANCE.gif
And btw I thought MY wishlist was long but yours is so much longer!
winks.gif
]
I dunno, I have pretty pale but yellowish skin. Somehow I only like neutrals, brown, pink, mauve, purple e/s on me. I used to have a palette which also contained blue and green e/s but they were of such poor quality that not even the pinks or neutrals looked good an the eye...
I really like the look of the Aire de blu pigment but I didn't buy a sample because I always thought it wouldn't look good on me.

Quote:

greengrin.gif

That's so bad! Now I want even more of the collection!
tong.gif

The teddy bear sound so cute! Definitly getting the Viva Glam lipset tho! I wanted the VG V for quite a while and a set of the l/s + l/g inside a tartan bag is even so much better!
choochoo.gif

Cerydwen

I'm not wild about the dazzleglass cremes either. I have two - Amorous (great colour) and My Favourite Pink (a bit too milky for my tastes), but I find the smell off-putting. Also, they tend to 'wander' across my lipline, so on the rare occasions that I do use them, it's usually just a timy bit as a highlighter in the centre of my lips over lipstick.

Corvs Queen

Quote:
DGCs=
sick.gif

Really? I freakin LOVE the one that I got a CP for. I wish I had all of them because they weren't sold here in Austria. I love mine. LOVE IT! I tell ya.
greengrin.gif