MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

Mac-Guy

Damn it! I was hoping i would skip this.... but I NEED prince noir!
damn damn damn o damn. I NEED it. and the 226 obviously

Lol. You crack me up. You started with SP the same way, ordering it piece by piece until you had the whole collection
flower.gif

singer82

Thankgoodness for Karla. The shadesticks look creamy, smooth, and beautiful yay! And yeah... it helped my decision to not get the Lady Grey quad. Might change my mind later though lol Rethinking Oh,oh,oh too. Im afraid it will be another Riveting l/s (a lipstick I was so excited about but ended up looking absolutely horrid on me) If I decide not to get it I'll be getting Mythical e/s.

LMD84

Here's all the links from Vampy Varnish (swatches/ reviews), since I'm not sure if all were posted:

http://www.vampyvarnish.com/2011/08/mac-fall-2011-mac-basics-collection-swatches-photos-review/
http://www.vampyvarnish.com/2011/08/mac-fall-2011-black-collection-swatches-photos-review/
http://www.vampyvarnish.com/2011/08/mac-fall-2011-icelandic-cool-collection-swatches-photos-review/

I'm super-disappointed in the swatches of the Evil Eye quad. They look like dirt.
i was looking forward to that quad because of the name... but i won't be buying it because the colours do not come off well :( sad :(

zewzeq

My list is all set after seeing the swatches. I will be getting Carbonized and Mythical eyeshadows, Dark Envy and Midnight fluidlines and Oh oh oh lipstick and this is all I will be getting from this collection.

Piarpreet

that was baaaaaad. and it cannot happen again. PLS dont enable me! hahah let me stay at 3 products per collex max! for MMO mythical princenoir and oh oh oh, for cindy sherman 2 lighscapades one porcelain pink, for art of powder highlight and blush (only is not an overspray). Posh paradise and styledriven have to be a pass unless they have an amazingly awesome lipstick that i can't live without... but i do need me some lip pencils!!!!!!! Damn glam glass u fucked me up!!!!!! I wanted embrace me and the orange one and the purple one.... WTF!!!!!!
Lol. You crack me up. You started with SP the same way, ordering it piece by piece until you had the whole collection
flower.gif

Haven

My list is down to one thing - 226. I will still check this collection out in the store, but the swatches I have seen so far really do not inspire me.

Edit: Now that I have seen Karla's swatches I am becoming re-inspired. Damn!

LMD84

My list is down to one thing - 226. I will still check this collection out in the store, but the swatches I have seen so far really do not inspire me.

Edit: Now that I have seen Karla's swatches I am becoming re-inspired. Damn!

lol! yeah her swatches will do that to you! :)

Mac-Guy

Why isn't this on the Pro site yet?! Uggggghhh MAC is a big tease.

I know, it's a joke! There is no point in ordering it online now, as it will arrive at the same time when I can check it out in store anyway (plus I don't have to deal with the shipping costs).

Edelmc

After seeing Karlas swatches and fluidline comparisons my list is down to Lady grey quad Runway red lipstick 226 brush Avenue fluidline Heirloom shadestick (maybe- will check out quality in store) Mythical eye shadow (maybe- will need to compare to mythology in store- a mua told me that bronzey shades suit my green eyes so I am hoping to embrace more bronze/copper shades)

Mac-Guy

Gosh, MAC's FB Site has the oldest news ever:
[h=6][/h] [h=6]M∙A∙C Me Over! Stay tuned for daily reveals of the winners, beginning August 22nd[/h]
I would rather prefer no news than old news.

PinkBasset

The Evil Eye quad surely is a disappointing piece. And if Palaced Pedigreed is becoming a permanent shade, I don't get it. Mac has so many fabulous colours that everyone is after, and then they make some chalky unpopular colour permanent? What's the point in that?

OctoberViolet

Oh crap!!! Thanks to Karlasugar's swatches I'm confused again. I was going to take Smoked Purple off my list because I am dying to get Potent Fig from Posh Paradise collection. Now that I saw how beautiful Smoked Purple is, I want it again. Does anyone here have it? Do you like it? Is it worth buying even though I have read that the old matte formula makes it difficult to wear. Help please!

I am still getting Prince Noir, Runaway Red and now I'm thinking of getting either Oh Oh Oh or Offshoot instead of both of them. Has Karlasugar added those swatches yet? I couldn't find them when I looked.

PinkBasset

Oh crap!!! Thanks to Karlasugar's swatches I'm confused again. I was going to take Smoked Purple off my list because I am dying to get Potent Fig from Posh Paradise collection. Now that I saw how beautiful Smoked Purple is, I want it again. Does anyone here have it? Do you like it? Is it worth buying even though I have read that the old matte formula makes it difficult to wear. Help please!

I am still getting Prince Noir, Runaway Red and now I'm thinking of getting either Oh Oh Oh or Offshoot instead of both of them. Has Karlasugar added those swatches yet? I couldn't find them when I looked.
I wrote about Smoked Purple few pages back. I think it's a beautiful colour, but it is the only matte lipstick I've ever come across that is almost impossible to wear because it's so dry. And in general I love matte lips, so it is frustrating that this gorgeous colour was the one that wouldn't perform well. It applies unevenly (and I always put lip balm under) and draws attention to any minor dry areas on lips. So lips would have to be super super silky and smooth, a ton of lip balm and then a lot of patience to make it work. I gave it a shot again last winter, but had to take it off straight away because it was patchy and my lips looked so dry with it. Maybe I'll give it another shot again soon, I'm just prepared to be disappointed again.

I would recommend Faithfully Yours Prolongwear lipcreme instead, it is a deep smoky purple colour, amazing silky texture and it's matte! :)

Latest posts