MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

Mac-Guy

I wrote about Smoked Purple few pages back. I think it's a beautiful colour, but it is the only matte lipstick I've ever come across that is almost impossible to wear because it's so dry. And in general I love matte lips, so it is frustrating that this gorgeous colour was the one that wouldn't perform well. It applies unevenly (and I always put lip balm under) and draws attention to any minor dry areas on lips. So lips would have to be super super silky and smooth, a ton of lip balm and then a lot of patience to make it work. I gave it a shot again last winter, but had to take it off straight away because it was patchy and my lips looked so dry with it. Maybe I'll give it another shot again soon, I'm just prepared to be disappointed again.
I would recommend Faithfully Yours Prolongwear lipcreme instead, it is a deep smoky purple colour, amazing silky texture and it's matte! :)
Is it possible that you just bought an old batch? If you get a chance, try a new one at a counter and verify the batch number.

Piarpreet

Sherry: I apologize, Lydia. I don't have a date for MAC Me Over at this time. I would be happy to put you in touch with our Corporate Consumer Communications Department for this information. You may contact them via email at [email protected] or via telephone at 1-800-387-6707 (option #8), Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 pm EST.

panther27

Whoever is in charge of marketing needs to be fired.I have no idea what the hell has happened to MAC recently,but they are one huge mess.

PinkBasset

Is it possible that you just bought an old batch? If you get a chance, try a new one at a counter and verify the batch number.
I don't know, it seems fine, but I guess you never know. I was so curious so I had to try it right now, after all, my lips are now in good shape when it's not cold winter. It went on better, wasn't so very horribly dry, but it was still uneven. It just magnifies everything, every line in your lips etc. And with such a dark, almost black colour, if it's not perfectly even and opaque in every spot, it's gonna show it with no mercy.

Mac-Guy

Sherry: I apologize, Lydia. I don't have a date for MAC Me Over at this time. I would be happy to put you in touch with our Corporate Consumer Communications Department for this information. You may contact them via email at [email protected] or via telephone at 1-800-387-6707 (option #8), Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 pm EST.

Ha! Mine was called Marci! :)

So I guess no MMO any time soon.

OctoberViolet

Thank you, PinkBasset!! I will keep Smoked Purple off my list and save a little money for Posh Paradise & CS. I will definitely look into Faithfully Yours prolonged lipcreme.

I wrote about Smoked Purple few pages back. I think it's a beautiful colour, but it is the only matte lipstick I've ever come across that is almost impossible to wear because it's so dry. And in general I love matte lips, so it is frustrating that this gorgeous colour was the one that wouldn't perform well. It applies unevenly (and I always put lip balm under) and draws attention to any minor dry areas on lips. So lips would have to be super super silky and smooth, a ton of lip balm and then a lot of patience to make it work. I gave it a shot again last winter, but had to take it off straight away because it was patchy and my lips looked so dry with it. Maybe I'll give it another shot again soon, I'm just prepared to be disappointed again.
I would recommend Faithfully Yours Prolongwear lipcreme instead, it is a deep smoky purple colour, amazing silky texture and it's matte! :)

peachsuns

Thanks, Mac-Guy. A little strange, isn't it? TBH, I don't trust CS much, but I think it's weird that they don't know the release date. Should be a secret?
lol.gif

Dunno, it's not on Pro and it's Wednesday night, so something is up. Hopefully it's just a glitch, but CS does not know the release date.

peachsuns

I'm not liba, but have you seen the swatches and the look at vampyvarnish.com? She has pale skin, and both Oh, Oh, Oh and Mythical look beautiful on her. Hope liba will give you suggestions soon.
yes.gif

http://www.vampyvarnish.com/2011/08/mac-me-over-mac-basics-collection-look/

http://www.vampyvarnish.com/2011/08/mac-fall-2011-mac-basics-collection-swatches-photos-review/

Liba...you are NC15 like me. What do you think about Ohohoh l/s and mythical e/s for our skintone?

katred

Specktra Bestie
Oh crap!!! Thanks to Karlasugar's swatches I'm confused again. I was going to take Smoked Purple off my list because I am dying to get Potent Fig from Posh Paradise collection. Now that I saw how beautiful Smoked Purple is, I want it again. Does anyone here have it? Do you like it? Is it worth buying even though I have read that the old matte formula makes it difficult to wear. Help please!

I am still getting Prince Noir, Runaway Red and now I'm thinking of getting either Oh Oh Oh or Offshoot instead of both of them. Has Karlasugar added those swatches yet? I couldn't find them when I looked.

Karla has swatches of all the collection divided into three parts, so they are in there. OhOhOh looks wicked sheer.

As far as Smoked Purple is concerned, I agree with Pink Basset- skip it and get Faithfully Yours instead. Or get NARS new Velvet Matte Lip Pencil (the one that came out with the Fall collection- name escapes me and I'm too lazy to look). Both have better formulas and are similar in colour.

UrbanSweetheart

oh no! :(

Adee

Might have to lose my shit if this one is delayed. And it's never pretty when I do that.... Actually, it might be enough to finally push me to other brands. I'm very brand loyal when I'm happy with a brand, which I have been with Mac. But if they delay this one, I will probably start looking elsewhere.

mousygiggles

When I was at the counter and asked about it being on the 25th the MUA was like "Are you sure?", I just thought she was not tracking how late in the month it was already. I really hope we get it. I need the darn 226 already!

GlamQueen21

Oh no! Here we go again. First the Glamglass Collection and now this one?! I do hope it pops up on the PRO website for you PRO members at some point!

Latest posts