MAC Nocturnelle swatches, Formal Black and new MSF info

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisKsAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerynna
Is anyone else peeved that Passionate is clearly NOT red? After the disappointment of Accent Red (which also was SO NOT red), I was hoping MAC would give us RED, rather than fuschia, pinkish, whatever. *sigh* Oh well, I'll save $$!

I am right there with you on this! I so wanted a real true red.
ssad.gif

lah_knee

out of curiousity why does everyone want a red eyeshadow so bad? ive always wondered that. red tends to make one look sickly on the eye area. because anytime someone is red around the eyes, its usually due to infection or irritation lol i dunno im not a fan of red on the eyes.

at least people who have been wanting a BRIGHT FUSCHIA will be happy hahaha

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by lah_knee
out of curiousity why does everyone want a red eyeshadow so bad? ive always wondered that. red tends to make one look sickly on the eye area. because anytime someone is red around the eyes, its usually due to infection or irritation lol i dunno im not a fan of red on the eyes.

at least people who have been wanting a BRIGHT FUSCHIA will be happy hahaha

Because bright red can look HOT when done right. I have fair skin, green eyes and dark hair, I think I could pull of a bright red if done right. It doesn't necessarily make you look sick.

I too was hopping for a TRUE red....Accent Red was a huge disappointment to me, I'm so sick of all the purple and pink tones MAC puts out and calls them 'red'.

lah_knee

well actually mac doesnt want to make a red like that for fear of irritating many peoples eyes who are sensitive to red dyes. there is a suprising amount of people who are allergic to certain amounts of red dyes and if mac made a true red shadow then lots of people who may not even know they are allergic, will find out they are. thats why their matte red pigments are not intended for the eye area :\

and i have yet to see a person who really pulls of red matte eyeshadow without looking just a bit sickly... i dunno im personally just not a fan. i know there are other brands who have made bright matte red eyeshadow. why not try them out?
smiles.gif

lia_matos

I know that i'm just repeating myself, but here's a suggestion:

If it's going to be a pinky red, i believe that using it on top of a yellow eyeshadow (like chrome yellow) will make it clean red (it's a watercolor principle, they use crimson colors mixed with yellow to make clean reds)... It's just a guess, but i think it might work; particularly speaking, i'm not a fan of red, even though i love bright orange and yellow. Also you can buy a red matte sample and press it...

lah_knee

ya i always mix colors together to get new cool colors
smiles.gif

i get lots of compliments when i wear corn shadestick with velvet moss on top... it looks similar to lucky green because the velvet moss mixes with the yellow frost
smiles.gif

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
well actually mac doesnt want to make a red like that for fear of irritating many peoples eyes who are sensitive to red dyes. there is a suprising amount of people who are allergic to certain amounts of red dyes and if mac made a true red shadow then lots of people who may not even know they are allergic, will find out they are. thats why their matte red pigments are not intended for the eye area :\

and i have yet to see a person who really pulls of red matte eyeshadow without looking just a bit sickly... i dunno im personally just not a fan. i know there are other brands who have made bright matte red eyeshadow. why not try them out?
smiles.gif

My 3rd key is allergic to red dye.
ssad.gif

Aerynna

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki
My 3rd key is allergic to red dye.
ssad.gif

That's a totally understandable explanation for why they don't make a true red eyeshadow, IMO. What it does NOT explain is why they insist on false advertizing by continuing to call products red when they plainly are not. JMHO.

Ms. Z

I'm so disappointed, I was going to MAC Pro tomorrow to pick up a small haul, but was told today that they didn't get the shipment yet.
ssad.gif

lah_knee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerynna
That's a totally understandable explanation for why they don't make a true red eyeshadow, IMO. What it does NOT explain is why they insist on false advertizing by continuing to call products red when they plainly are not. JMHO.

someone mis-wrote the original description of it being a bright clean red. in the update book its called a mid tone red i think. which it is. its just not RED.

Aerynna

Quote:
someone mis-wrote the original description of it being a bright clean red. in the update book its called a mid tone red i think. which it is. its just not RED.

Oh, I see. Yeah, you're right. I guess those of us who anticipate the collections so far ahead of time are bound to run into a few disappointments eventually as descriptions are revised. Nonetheless, I am anxiously anticipating this collection!
smiles.gif

msburgundy

Did you call the Robertson one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLoves2Shop
I'm so disappointed, I was going to MAC Pro tomorrow to pick up a small haul, but was told today that they didn't get the shipment yet.
ssad.gif

Oops! just looked and you are in NY, well this is what the LA pro store told me today:
I called and they have brow beat, but that's it. I will be bugging them tomorrow!

Ms. Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by msburgundy
Oops! just looked and you are in NY, well this is what the LA pro store told me today:
I called and they have brow beat, but that's it. I will be bugging them tomorrow!

My store has had that for two weeks, but I'm not going just for that. I'm calling mine on Friday, they didn't get it today either.

Makeupluvr

ME too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msburgundy

I called earlier in the week and someone told me they had gotten the shipment in and it would be out on counters today! But then I called a few minutes ago to confirm and they said they didn't get it in
ssad.gif
They are going to call me when it gets in, LOL.

msburgundy

I kind of feel sorry for them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeupluvr
I called earlier in the week and someone told me they had gotten the shipment in and it would be out on counters today! But then I called a few minutes ago to confirm and they said they didn't get it in
ssad.gif
They are going to call me when it gets in, LOL.

Will you post here if they call you?
smiles.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.