MAC So Supreme Collection (August 1, 2013)

MACina

Me too! I loveeee them and I am hoping for more purples and bright pinks (like CYY, Embrace Me,Silly etc.).

And a really blue based pink nude would be awesome too.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Am I the only one not sold on the Sheen Supreme formula?
devil.gif

I guess I will save it up for the retro mattes instead.

These have too much slip and just have no lasting power. (personally I think they would be great for winter when my lips are dry as a mummy's bum and the mattes are better for summer but no body consulted me on the release dates)
I'm not crazy about the Sheen Supreme lipsticks. I find that they're too prone to melting to carry with me in the summer, which is a problem. I don't love the rounded cylindrical bullet and I actually find the format drying on my lips. That said, I have a couple of them, because I find the shades (Quite the Thing, Sheer Mandarin) to be unique, but I don't wear them often. I had a couple of others but traded them in.

Honi

Ive never tried the Sheen Supremes, what would they compare to drugstorewise? Are they a type of lip-butter-ish stick or are they more pigmented?

leahrenae

Am I the only one not sold on the Sheen Supreme formula?
devil.gif

I guess I will save it up for the retro mattes instead.

These have too much slip and just have no lasting power. (personally I think they would be great for winter when my lips are dry as a mummy's bum and the mattes are better for summer but no body consulted me on the release dates)
you're not alone... this is a definite skip for me. I don't like this formula... all retro matte collection for me!

Richelle83

Are they worth buying? I've never tried the lip butters or the sheen supreme's .. is the formula similar to the lustres?
Its hard to explain the texture, not quite like a lustre but a mixture of lustre and vaseline lol. Start out with the lip butter since they're like $8 or less.

liba

i'm a little surprised at how "meh" people are about the Sheen Supremes.

I don't have a lot of them, but the ones I have I adore and wear all the time: Full Speed, Sheer Mandarin and Zen Rose (although I do tend to wear them in Spring and Summer, instead of Fall/Winter). Full Speed was in my most used for the year it came out, and so was Sheer Mandarin, which is still one of my favorite offbeat nudes.

I found that after 2 or 3 uses, the bullet would conform to my application style and became really easy to lay down in just the right shape for my lips. I had decent wear time on the ones I have too. The main thing I found was to pat a light layer on first (not smear it across the lips), let it set up then touch up with another layer if necessary. They don't really hold up to eating and lots of drinking, though - I'll give you that. I don't mind reapplying after a meal anyhow…actually, lately I've been heavily blotting my lipstick before eating, just because I'm trying to cut down on ingesting lipstick - it can't be that great to eat a bunch of it day after day
puke.gif

Anyhow, looking forward to some new colors and an excuse to catch up with a few perms I keep meaning to get like Tea Ceremony and Happy Hibiscus.

I only have one of the click-pen glosses and though it's a comfortable feeling formula, I find the pen to be a pain in the butt and they're super sheer. I should be easily able to skip those. I'm loving my Mineralize lip balms, which give a better effect, imo, and are more moisturizing.

I'll be curious about the lip tints. I STILL bust out those Pro Longwear Lipstain Markers from 2010!!! Mine are actually still good and not dried up. In fact, they should bring those back or at least something similar - here's to the lip tints filling the void.

bluelitzer

I do quite like my Sheen Supreme. I haven't used it only because MAC keeps releasing new ones and it kinda piles up on op of the last collection.
girlhaha.gif

I do plan to get some nudes from the Sheen Supreme from last year maybe in July since they're perm and I'm skipping Tropical Taboo...

bluelitzer

Sorry for the crappy phone pic quality. And I know I needed a liner in the pic.

Decided to wear Sheen Supreme - Full Speed today to give it more love.
It's a little creamier than the Revlon lipbutter but not as thick or heavy as some cremesheens can be. To me it feels kinda like a non-tacky lipglass.

Looking forward to the nudes and pinks from this collection!
heart.gif

GlamQueen21

I only have one Sheen Supreme which is Full Speed that I wore once to a spring military ball and never wore it again. I will have to bring it out again since it's a color for this season.
I have Full Speed too and I need to use it again as well as Zen Rose.

martiangurll

Its hard to explain the texture, not quite like a lustre but a mixture of lustre and vaseline lol. Start out with the lip butter since they're like $8 or less.
This, exactly! They will probably come up with a color I think is worth having and I will get one anyway. At least they are moisturizing unlike the Lustre which can be a little drying, but they are gone in 60 seconds and don't even think about having a sip of a drink or anything. Just an expensive pigmented balm but in easy to apply tube form, so that is a plus. My breaking point for these is I actually hate the tubes, they don't roll down right so the product smears into the lid and its already a greasy mess. Probably a pass for me, unless they have purple, that I can't refuse.

peachsuns

Me too! I loveeee them and I am hoping for more purples and bright pinks (like CYY, Embrace Me,Silly etc.).

And a really blue based pink nude would be awesome too.
That would be amazing MACina! I love to see those lipsticks.
thmbup.gif

Genn

I have one sheen supreme (Fashion city) but I don't care for it much. It wears off in about 20 minutes. I'm still interested in seeing new colors though.