MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

erine1881

Re: MAC Cosmetics Sonic Chic Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
She's never mentioned that it is guaranteed to me before. I've even told her about the issue. She just told me that it sometimes happens with the black haired brushes and to continue keeping them clean. She never said it was guaranteed or I could return it. I think her manager would kill her if she said that. I've seen her manager, I wouldn't want to piss off that lady either!!!

I will try the MAC cleanser and see if that makes a difference. If not, it will give me an excuse to try a new one!
smiles.gif

Thanks, Erine!

oops, my bad. i thought you had originally posted that you were told that, but it wasn't you. it was a different poster.
greengrin.gif

rbella

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
oops, my bad. i thought you had originally posted that you were told that, but it wasn't you. it was a different poster.
greengrin.gif

No problem, I still appreciate all the info! You are always a huge help. Please move to Houston and be my personal MA. I will pay you $5/hr. Seriously, I'm not kidding. That's like hitting the jackpot baby!!!!!!!!!!

erine1881

Quote:
No problem, I still appreciate all the info! You are always a huge help. Please move to Houston and be my personal MA. I will pay you $5/hr. Seriously, I'm not kidding. That's like hitting the jackpot baby!!!!!!!!!!

thanks! i needed to
th_LMAO.gif
today, and that did it!

coachkitten

Audrey you rock!! Thank you so much for your review on Sonic Chic!! You are the best! I feel like once I get your review I can really start getting my list together.

At this moment I think I want to get gentle, pelasantry, dainty, gleeful, and the 181SE. I am limiting myself to $200 for both this collection and electroflash. We'll see if that happens but it is a good goal for now!!
smiles.gif

stv578

Thanks for the review Audrey! So a quick question, I know you thought Dainty was kinda like Shy Beauty, but would you say this one was a touch more pinky, or similar in tone to Shy Beauty? I find Shy Beauty a touch too apricot'ish for my skintone, and I'm still searching for a light peachy pink shade for the days I don't want too much colour on my cheeks...

I have also reconsidered my wish list for Sonic Chic, I have to cut one out. Originally i also wanted Dainty, Pleasantry and Gentle, but now I want one of the browny ones, of which I'll have to decide on once I see them. I have Eversun BPB, but this goes a little orange one me. It's actually annoying, even a blush like Coygirl has the tendency to warm up once on my skin!!!

iheartangE

These blushes all look so gorgeous! So far I'm wanting:

Gleeful-I have so few blushes so I doubt I have anything like it already
Gently-I didn't want this until those swatches-it looks GORGEOUS
Nuance-I love peach colors and the only peach blush I have is Peaches which is too bright orange and flat on me so I'm hoping this will be better?

...and I keep going back and forth about all the others! Dainty and Pleasantry are also on my "hmm..." list. Oh, why does this collection have to be so beautiful?!

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
Thanks for the review Audrey! So a quick question, I know you thought Dainty was kinda like Shy Beauty, but would you say this one was a touch more pinky, or similar in tone to Shy Beauty? I find Shy Beauty a touch too apricot'ish for my skintone, and I'm still searching for a light peachy pink shade for the days I don't want too much colour on my cheeks...

I have also reconsidered my wish list for Sonic Chic, I have to cut one out. Originally i also wanted Dainty, Pleasantry and Gentle, but now I want one of the browny ones, of which I'll have to decide on once I see them. I have Eversun BPB, but this goes a little orange one me. It's actually annoying, even a blush like Coygirl has the tendency to warm up once on my skin!!!

I would say it is a touch pinker, yes, but I can't say for sure how much. It definately looks pinker in the pot than Shy Beauty does. I am taking my Shy Beauty with my on launch day to compare, and if they are too similar, I will pass on that one since I also have Alpha Girl b/p which is similar. Dainty is the lightest of all of them, so if you want it for days when you don't want a heavy look on your cheeks, this one will be perfect.
smiles.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartangE
These blushes all look so gorgeous! So far I'm wanting:

Gleeful-I have so few blushes so I doubt I have anything like it already
Gently-I didn't want this until those swatches-it looks GORGEOUS
Nuance-I love peach colors and the only peach blush I have is Peaches which is too bright orange and flat on me so I'm hoping this will be better?

...and I keep going back and forth about all the others! Dainty and Pleasantry are also on my "hmm..." list. Oh, why does this collection have to be so beautiful?!

If you are having a hard time deciding now, wait until you see them in person, then it will be even harder to decide
lol.gif
Seriously, this collection caught me off guard. I honestly thought I could walk away with one. They are just beautiful colors, and perfectly pigmented. I just hope these don't break me out like MSFs can if I wear them too often.

CantAffordMAC

But Audrey, these do have that glow like MSFS do right?? I know thats a dumb question but you mentioned something in your review post, and it scared me a little bit. i want a lot of color but that MSF glow, as well.
yes.gif
Thanks for your review

I want Love Thing, Gentle....I dunno a few of them. I am too jumbled up to go back and look at names right now

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I would say it is a touch pinker, yes, but I can't say for sure how much. It definately looks pinker in the pot than Shy Beauty does. I am taking my Shy Beauty with my on launch day to compare, and if they are too similar, I will pass on that one since I also have Alpha Girl b/p which is similar. Dainty is the lightest of all of them, so if you want it for days when you don't want a heavy look on your cheeks, this one will be perfect.
smiles.gif

Thanks! That one will stay on the list!

I may scratch off Pleasantry then, since I have the pink from Fafi, Sweetness and the really bluey pink BPB, and for some reason I seem to have forgotten some names tonight! Was it True Romantic?!). I am NOT walking out with four of these, repeat, will not purchase four!!!

rbella

Quote:

I may scratch off Pleasantry then, since I have the pink from Fafi, Sweetness and the really bluey pink BPB, and for some reason I seem to have forgotten some names tonight! Was it True Romantic?!). I am NOT walking out with four of these, repeat, will not purchase four!!!

So, will it be ok if you purchase 5?
tong.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
But Audrey, these do have that glow like MSFS do right?? I know thats a dumb question but you mentioned something in your review post, and it scared me a little bit. i want a lot of color but that MSF glow, as well.
yes.gif
Thanks for your review

I want Love Thing, Gentle....I dunno a few of them. I am too jumbled up to go back and look at names right now

Honestly, it's hard to tell. On me, I have to apply the MSF and then buff it in with a kabuki to get the "glow". I just swatched these on my hand so I am sure it will look much different on the face. These do have shimmer in them, but nothing intense, and I think when you buff them in you will see a difference. They are not super pearly or frosty. I know it's not much help. I really wasn't looking for the glow, since I got distracted by the amazing colors. If I get back to the counter before these launch, I will test them out using the kabuki and see what happens
smiles.gif

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Honestly, it's hard to tell. On me, I have to apply the MSF and then buff it in with a kabuki to get the "glow". I just swatched these on my hand so I am sure it will look much different on the face. These do have shimmer in them, but nothing intense, and I think when you buff them in you will see a difference. They are not super pearly or frosty. I know it's not much help. I really wasn't looking for the glow, since I got distracted by the amazing colors. If I get back to the counter before these launch, I will test them out using the kabuki and see what happens
smiles.gif

If these aren't glowy like an MSF, I will be piiiiiiissed. Like, seriously. because I could care less about a mineralized blush, if it doesnt have that MSF glow going on. Am I right or am I right?
hmm.gif

rbella

Quote:
smiles.gif

See, it's totally different on me. When I kabuki, I remove any possibility of the "glow". I have to apply msf's with the 187 and a very light hand so I get the color and glow combo. If the blush doesn't have that fantastic "shimmer" to it, I have to add it with a shimmer powder.....

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
If these aren't glowy like an MSF, I will be piiiiiiissed. Like, seriously. because I could care less about a mineralized blush, if it doesnt have that MSF glow going on. Am I right or am I right?
hmm.gif

well they are still mineralize skin finishes, no matter which way you cut it... I 100% think they will have the glow.. they are MSFS, thats the quality that an MSF has, otherwise theyd just be a blush not an msf

if you catch my drift

AudreyNicole

Quote:

I know what you mean about Pleasantry. I have Don't be Shy from Barbie, Pink Swoon, Fashion Frenzy from Fafi, and BB Pale Pink. These are all in that same color family. I passed on Sweetness BPB because I have all of these, so realisitically, I should pass on this one too. I am just afraid I will pass on it initially, then fall in love with the formula, and want it anyway, and it will be sold out. I am sure it will be one of the first to go, since it is the brightest of the bunch.

Quote:
So, will it be ok if you purchase 5?
tong.gif

If money grew on trees, I'd get the 5 I want. Unfortunately, my money tree refuses to bloom
tong.gif

iheartangE

Quote:
If you are having a hard time deciding now, wait until you see them in person, then it will be even harder to decide
lol.gif
Seriously, this collection caught me off guard. I honestly thought I could walk away with one. They are just beautiful colors, and perfectly pigmented. I just hope these don't break me out like MSFs can if I wear them too often.

I can only imagine...I may have to just surrender my wallet to whichever poor MA has to help me when I go in and weep softly as they bag the whole lot for me!

I am concerned about some of the shades though, because I'm so fair I don't want to get anything too dark that would make me look like a clown, so I think by sticking with the lighter shades, reading all the reviews on Specktra, and chatting up the MAs when I go into the store (which WILL be the morning the collection launches-bright and early!) I'll hopefully pick the shades that'll be flattering on me.

sleepyhead

hmm.... if iirc, the pearlizer + 181SE set was either 24.50 or 26.50 last year, so how come it's MORE expensive without the pearlizer and the bag?

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead
hmm.... if iirc, the pearlizer + 181SE set was either 24.50 or 26.50 last year, so how come it's MORE expensive without the pearlizer and the bag?

My thoughts exactly!
ssad.gif
I am SO disappointed in the price. But I guess they feel $30 is appropriate since the 182 is quite a bit more. I have read about the pearlizer sets popping up at CCOs, but unfortunately my nearest one is 90 minutes way. And don't quote me on this, but the one with this lauch seems softer than the one that came with the pearlizer set.