MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

Susanne

Re: MAC Cosmetics Sonic Chic Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I know what you mean about Pleasantry. I have Don't be Shy from Barbie, Pink Swoon, Fashion Frenzy from Fafi, and BB Pale Pink. These are all in that same color family. I passed on Sweetness BPB because I have all of these, so realisitically, I should pass on this one too. I am just afraid I will pass on it initially, then fall in love with the formula, and want it anyway, and it will be sold out. I am sure it will be one of the first to go, since it is the brightest of the bunch.

But why? If you love a shade and a formula, get it! I have all those pink blushes as well, and Sweetness, but I will get Pleasantry for sure!
yes.gif
I know that I wear them all
winks.gif
Blush is what you need EVERY day, no matter how much makeup you wear, I think
winks.gif

Thanks for your review! I am so excited for this collection!!

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki
Thanks for the awesome review Audrey!!!! I really can't wait to get my hands on these blushes!!!!

iagree.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella

If pleasantry is similar to pink swoon, then I will walk miles and miles to get it!! I love, love, love pink swoon!!!!!!!!

iagree.gif
yahoo.gif

vcanady

Re: MAC - Cosmetics Sonic Chic Discussion

I am SOOOO excited for these, they looks gorgeous!! Thanx for the amazing review Audrey!!! I mean really BPBs+MSFs=MSF BLUSHES...YUM!!!! The BPBs were sooo gorgeous and pigmented and amazing and who doesn't like MSFs?? GAH I am so excited! I am def getting Dainty and Pleasantry, and I am thinking about the brush, although the fact that it has such a short handle and I can't store it in the cup with the rest of my brushes kinda puts me off, am I crazy? Haha.

Luceuk

Thanks for the review Audrey!! I'm sooo excited now for this collection, I really hope it does come out here next week I don't want to wait till august. I don't want anything from Electroflash, so I'm definitely going to get everything I want from this one and the brush.

xxManBeaterxx

I heard that these blushes are going to be apart of their permanant line later in the year, i think i heard it from the post on livejournal. Did any of you read that bit also? If it does become permanant (which im having a hard time beleiving) then THANK GOD!! We dont have to rush out and buy 6 of them at one time.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
Originally i also wanted Dainty, Pleasantry and Gentle, but now I want one of the browny ones, of which I'll have to decide on once I see them. I have Eversun BPB, but this goes a little orange one me. It's actually annoying, even a blush like Coygirl has the tendency to warm up once on my skin!!!

Ugh, I have the EXACT same problem! So annoying, isn't it?

thelove4tequila

I think I'm most excited about this collection. I'm having a hard time narrowing it down though. I think these will sell out quick so I have to decide what I want soooon.

Winthrop44

This is still coming out the week after next in the US, not next week before the holiday, right?

xxManBeaterxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
This is still coming out the week after next in the US, not next week before the holiday, right?

Yup yup, the week after the july 4th holiday.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
But why? If you love a shade and a formula, get it! I have all those pink blushes as well, and Sweetness, but I will get Pleasantry for sure!
yes.gif
I know that I wear them all
winks.gif
Blush is what you need EVERY day, no matter how much makeup you wear, I think
winks.gif

Thanks for your review! I am so excited for this collection!!

I think you are right Susanne. I do wear blush everyday, even if I wear nothing else. I am sure I will get it
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowhoney
So these are, for sure, $21US?

Yes, I confirmed that with my MA today. Straight from the update book.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxManBeaterxx
I heard that these blushes are going to be apart of their permanant line later in the year, i think i heard it from the post on livejournal. Did any of you read that bit also? If it does become permanant (which im having a hard time beleiving) then THANK GOD!! We dont have to rush out and buy 6 of them at one time.

Yes the are coming back in October. My MA told me today that they have tentatitively selected a few to return but it will ultimately be determined by which ones are the big sellers with this launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelove4tequila
I think I'm most excited about this collection. I'm having a hard time narrowing it down though. I think these will sell out quick so I have to decide what I want soooon.

iagree.gif
I am SURE these will sell out very quickly. That's why I am all panicy, and trying to decide what I want now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44

July 8th online, and the 10th at stores
smiles.gif

Karen_B

Quote:
heat.gif
Just got back from the mall, and I got to play with every single one of these amazing blushes (along with Electroflash - already posted in that thread). I wasn't too impressed with the swatches I saw, and didn't see anything that I had to have. When I saw them in person, boy was I wrong! They are AMAZING. Seriously. I did confirm with the MA that these are indeed $21 and the 181se is $30. I don't know if I can remember all of them, but I will try. Ok, first, they remind me alot of the beauty powder blushes. They are smooth and VERY pigmented. There is subtle sparkle in them, but nothing OTT. They are NOT glittery or gritty. They are similar in texture to Porcelain Pink and Lightscapade MSF. The color spectrum reminded me alot of the BPBs too. There is something for every skintone, and several that will flatter both fair ladies and WOC depending on what brush you use. I put Gentle, Pleasantry and Dainty on hold and am pondering at least 3 more. A little goes a LONG way with these babies. Gentle is indeed a raspberry pink, though not a bright raspberry like say, Bobbi Brown Pink Raspberry blush. It is a dirty raspberry, and it appears slightly purple in the pot, but does not apply that way at all. Pleasantry is the typical blue pink. Similar to Barbie's Don't by Shy and Pink Swoon, which are 2 of my favorites, so this was an automatic want for me. Dainty is the lightest of all of the colors, and is a peachy pink, similar to Shy Beauty BPB. Nuance was very pretty, but I am afraid this one might have the same tendency to turn orange on some skintones like Spaced Out from NSF. Love Thing REALLY surprised me. I can't stop thinking about this one, but I am a bit scared of how it will turn out on me. It is a beautiful dark raspberry shade, that I think might work on us fair girls with a 187, and will be PERFECT on WOC. I am going barefaced on launch day to try this one out. I really love the color. Love Joy and Warm Soul were brown on me. Love Joy is darker, and will be another great one for WOC. I think these are definately more flattering for warmer skintones. I have too much pink in my skin for these to work on me. Merrily surprised me too. This one is described as a burned red, but it looks more coral on me. There was a lot of orange tones in this one, but not in a bad way. I don't think this is any kind of dupe for Stereo Rose (I know alot of people were hoping for that) This is the other one that I am pondering. It is different from everything I have, but this one has ALOT of color payoff, so for fair girls, a skunk brush would be absoluately necessary. Last but not least, there is Gleeful. I couldn't compare them directly, but this one reminded me a bit of Afterdusk blush from Moonbathe. I wasn't wowed by this one. Pretty, but not a stand out for me.

I ended up wanting more from this collection, and less from Electroflash than I thought I would. I am very impressed and pleased with Sonic Chic, though I wish the 181se was a little more affordable. I am going to have to pass on that for now, since I want more blushes than I planned. I only wanted 2 originally, and after seeing them in person, I want 5. So, as I said, I have Pleasantry, Gentle and Dainty on hold and am considering Merrily and Love Joy. It's going to be an expensive month for MAC! Hope that helps ladies!
winkiss.gif

Oh darn it... I was hoping I might be able to skip this collection since I already have 4 MSFs (Light Flush, Gold Spill, Shimpagne and Northern Lights) but your descriptions just sound so lovely... I know I'm going to want so many of these. Enabler!!
lol.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_B
Oh darn it... I was hoping I might be able to skip this collection since I already have 4 MSFs (Light Flush, Gold Spill, Shimpagne and Northern Lights) but your descriptions just sound so lovely... I know I'm going to want so many of these. Enabler!!
lol.gif

I thought I could get away with getting just one, but I just can't narrow it down to less than 3. Of course, I want more than 3, but 3 is my minimum. I have Petticoat, Porcelain Pink, New Vegas, and Light Flush, plus 7 blushes and 2 beauty powders, and I still want a bunch of these.
lol.gif

Karen_B

Quote:
I thought I could get away with getting just one, but I just can't narrow it down to less than 3. Of course, I want more than 3, but 3 is my minimum. I have Petticoat, Porcelain Pink, New Vegas, and Light Flush, plus 7 blushes and 2 beauty powders, and I still want a bunch of these.
lol.gif

MAC should come with a warning sign.
lol.gif

iheartangE

I keep switching around what I want...I just cannot wait for this collection-I'm going in THE MORNING it launches and checking everything out!

Audrey-how did you get a preview? Like, if I go to my MAC store this week will they also have a preview or was it just a select few or just for special people? (I *do* need a backup of my Take a Hint tendertone so I guess I *could* try to get to the MAC store...hehe!)

Now I think I'm definitely getting Gleeful and Gentle and I'm going to have to test Nuance to make sure it doesn't go crazy orange-brown on me...and then of course I'll have to figure out Dainty and Pleasantry (although bright pinks don't always look so hot on me).

...This is where my MAC-induced anxiety disorder begins...
winks.gif

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartangE
I keep switching around what I want...I just cannot wait for this collection-I'm going in THE MORNING it launches and checking everything out!

Audrey-how did you get a preview? Like, if I go to my MAC store this week will they also have a preview or was it just a select few or just for special people? (I *do* need a backup of my Take a Hint tendertone so I guess I *could* try to get to the MAC store...hehe!)

Now I think I'm definitely getting Gleeful and Gentle and I'm going to have to test Nuance to make sure it doesn't go crazy orange-brown on me...and then of course I'll have to figure out Dainty and Pleasantry (although bright pinks don't always look so hot on me).

...This is where my MAC-induced anxiety disorder begins...
winks.gif

Usually, as I know is the case with a lot of the girls and guys here, including myself, being such loyal customers to a certain store you get to know the MA's very well (I know all the ma's at my store on a first name basis and I know a lot about each one of their lives, and am good friends with one of them outside of the store) they will just give you a little peak of everything if you're talking about it with them and they already have it in the backroom kinda thing, if that makes sense
smiles.gif

iheartangE

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
Usually, as I know is the case with a lot of the girls and guys here, including myself, being such loyal customers to a certain store you get to know the MA's very well (I know all the ma's at my store on a first name basis and I know a lot about each one of their lives, and am good friends with one of them outside of the store) they will just give you a little peak of everything if you're talking about it with them and they already have it in the backroom kinda thing, if that makes sense
smiles.gif

Gotcha...eh, I don't know anyone at mine because I try to avoid going in there as much as possible so I don't spend money, so I guess I'll just have to wait for July 10th.
thmbdn.gif
That seems so far away!! Hahaha

CantAffordMAC

I find it haaaaaard to believe that they wont be releasing this a week early (online) like they usually do.....
whistle.gif
lalalalala I guess we'll have to wait and see