MAC - Sonic Chic Discussion

AudreyNicole

Re: MAC - Cosmetics Sonic Chic Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
Usually, as I know is the case with a lot of the girls and guys here, including myself, being such loyal customers to a certain store you get to know the MA's very well (I know all the ma's at my store on a first name basis and I know a lot about each one of their lives, and am good friends with one of them outside of the store) they will just give you a little peak of everything if you're talking about it with them and they already have it in the backroom kinda thing, if that makes sense
smiles.gif

That is exactly how it is with my MA. She will show me upcoming stuff if I happen to go to the counter, and they have gotten it in. I have been a loyal customer to the same counter since I started with MAC, and all of the MAs know me too well
lol.gif

Dani California

oooooh more blushes......
greengrin.gif
Oh my god, I daren't look
lol.gif

Thanks for the amazing review Audrey.
greengrin.gif
Now I have a question, seeing as I'm into peachy blushers right now, would you say Nuance is like anything else I have peachy wise? I have : Peachykeen, Springsheen, Spaced Out....Is it worth me getting it? Really, thats the only one I want, but I will pass it if its similar to anything else
greengrin.gif

Thank yooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!
greengrin.gif

SmileyfacedPen

I think I want Merrily, Love Thing, and Pleasantry... I'm pretty pale, and there is a single MAC counter in my province that is two hours away, so I will have to wait for swatches and order online. But I'm currently in a bright blush phase, so I'm pretty sure I will like them if I use a light hand.

Audrey, it's confession time: whenever a new collection is out, I usually wait until you, along with Erine, post what you think of the colors and go from that to decide what I will get! You're so helpful, I'm not sure we can all tell you that enough.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
That is exactly how it is with my MA. She will show me upcoming stuff if I happen to go to the counter, and they have gotten it in. I have been a loyal customer to the same counter since I started with MAC, and all of the MAs know me too well
lol.gif

iagree.gif
with my counter and my MA!

iheartangE

Okay based off of the newest swatches, I'm still up for Gentle and Gleeful, but I'm nixing Nuance (I bet that'll be orangey brown on me which is NOT cute) AND Pleasantry (I'm too pale for that kind of bold pink), but I'm adding Warm Soul to my "maybe" list (along with Dainty). Whew!

...Don't you all just *love* my constant updates? Haha!

kjaneb

I was at parramatta today - There is a release date of the 4th of August over here and the blushes are $43. Looks like I am going to have to settle for 2.

~Crystal~

$43 for us aussies huh..? That's nasty. Guess I'll either have to try and get a CP or not get them at all.. =\ That's almost on par with the MSFs at $46... ouch.

Although I'm NW15, I'm looking at Merrily! That colour is... WOW! I want it!! lol! Gentle and Dainty are also possible ones to get.. but I'm trying to wean myself off impulse MAC shopping!!

Karen_B

After looking at the swatches, I think Pleasantry will be going home with me, if nothing else. I don't have a pinkish blush yet, I tend to go for peachy tones mostly. And Pleasantry just seems like the most pretty pink, it's going to take all my willpower not to buy it.

ewlialovesme

Based on Karla's swatches, I think my list would be:

Love Thing
Gentle
Merrily

Luceuk

I think I've narrowed my list down to Pleasantry, Gentle, Dainty, Nuance and Warm Soul.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
I find it haaaaaard to believe that they wont be releasing this a week early (online) like they usually do.....
whistle.gif
lalalalala I guess we'll have to wait and see

They don't generally release a week early online. Usually if a release in stores/at counters is Thursday it's online on Tuesday of the same week. I've always thought the idea was so those who order online may get their items on the day of release at stores; if I order bright & early on Tuesday I'll get my package Thurs afternoon. Pro stores release earlier tho.

I know it must be me because everyone else seems so excited but to me it seems like all the shades I've seen swatched so far look like shades that were in the BPBs or are in the regular line. Maybe I'm just not that much of a blush addict because I can get into very subtle differences when it comes to e/s and lip products....or maybe it's just that people are excited specifically because they're mineralized?

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani California
oooooh more blushes......
greengrin.gif
Oh my god, I daren't look
lol.gif

Thanks for the amazing review Audrey.
greengrin.gif
Now I have a question, seeing as I'm into peachy blushers right now, would you say Nuance is like anything else I have peachy wise? I have : Peachykeen, Springsheen, Spaced Out....Is it worth me getting it? Really, thats the only one I want, but I will pass it if its similar to anything else
greengrin.gif

Thank yooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!
greengrin.gif

Unfortunately, I don't own many peach blushes so it's hard for me to help. I had Spaced Out, and had to return it because it turned a horrible orange on me. I am NW15 and I think that Nuance will probably do the same thing on me. If you have and love Spaced Out, I am sure you will love Nuance, but I'm not really sure how they compare. This formula is really different from regular powder blushes though, so if it were me, and I only wanted 1, I'd still get it, even if it were similar. Unfortunately, I don't think there will be much tme to ponder these... they are going to sell out rather quickly I'm sure.

AudreyNicole

heat.gif
After seeing Karla's swatches, I am still SO excited for these! A few of them look a little different on me, Gleeful being one of them. I am loving Merrily more and more and it is so different from anything I have so that one is definately going on my list. I can't wait for launch day!
yahoo.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
This formula is really different from regular powder blushes though, so if it were me, and I only wanted 1, I'd still get it, even if it were similar

Audrey, can you please expand on this? Convince me to get one of these if I have the same shade in a regular line blush....apart from the cool looking in the pan factor. Come on, I know you can enable me!
smiles.gif

P.S. Merrily, okay, I am still on board for that one for the color, almost forgot about it.
blonde.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Audrey, can you please expand on this? Convince me to get one of these if I have the same shade in a regular line blush....apart from the cool looking in the pan factor. Come on, I know you can enable me!
smiles.gif

P.S. Merrily, okay, I am still on board for that one for the color, almost forgot about it.
blonde.gif

Well, I think these are the same formula as the regular MSFs, which is different from the regular powder blushes. It is silky and smooth, similar to the BPBs and the color payoff on these is amazing. They aren't chalky like some powder blushes can be. They don't have intense pearl or frost or anything, but they have small shimmers, which most often the powder blushes do not. As far as buying ones similar to those in the permanent line, I am struggling with this. If I only wanted one, I'd spend the $21 in a heartbeat, even if it is a dupe. Right now, I want 2 that are similar to things I already have, so that's $42, and my want list keeps on growing. I am looking for ways to cut my list, so I am going to knock off ones that are similar in color to ones I already have (even though I'd rather have the MSF Blush formula), in order to get the more unique ones for me. If I didn't have to budget, I'd get all of the ones I want reguardless of if I had dupes or not. Not sure if that makes sense, but it's hard to put into type
lol.gif

Winthrop44

Thanks Audrey. Right now I'm thinking I may go to my counter armed with swatches of the blushes I have, because for my stupid sensitive skin the MSF formula is more of a negative than a positive, unfortunately. I would have to find something unique and fall in love with it, and then wear it sparingly -- that's what I do with Bobbi Brown Pink Raspberry pot rouge (I can't tolerate the castor oil in those or the jojoba in the MSFs).

clslvr6spd

Well I am getting Pleasantry, Gentle, & Merrily. I hope I can stick to it!
tong.gif

I would get Dainty, but it reminds me of Porcelain Pink & I have 2 of those.

elegant-one

Blushes are something you almost have to see swatched on your own skin because the color can change even if ever so slightly because of your own skin tone. Its just too hard to judge from a picture swatch what it will look like on you.

Still getting 7 of these...yum

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
They don't generally release a week early online. Usually if a release in stores/at counters is Thursday it's online on Tuesday of the same week. I've always thought the idea was so those who order online may get their items on the day of release at stores; if I order bright & early on Tuesday I'll get my package Thurs afternoon. Pro stores release earlier tho.

Thats what I meant. I'm a mess, excuse me lol