MAC Wash And Dry Collection (May 14 / May 21, 2015)

Rainbunny

I was lucky enough to get what I wanted on the initial launch (I couldn't sleep and ended up staying up all night) but if I can scrape together any money, I'd would buy Girl on Board. I'd would also really like the brushes; I think the bigger one would be good for lightly applying bronzer. That's another thing; I'm not sure if Refined Golden is too dark for my NC15/NC20 complexion and if I should buy one of the other bronzers and return RG. Anyone have any idea which of the four is the best bronzer for NC15/20? A MAC artist via the chat line told me Refined Golden, but now I'm thinking it may be too dark. My MAC online order won't show up until Tuesday unfortunately, so I can't check out RG until then.
I know your question was directed to Liba, but I'm NC-15, too. I have Refined Golden from last year's Alluring Aquatics collection, and I don't think it's too dark on me.

lilinah

I'm an old crone and bright reds and orange reds make me look old crone-ier. Dark blue-reds work, but i rarely wear red and i have 3 dark blue-reds, Deeply Adored, Studded Kiss, and Rocker, and that's more than enough for me.

I'm waiting until this collection is in my local MAC store. It takes close to 2 weeks to get if i order on-line, so i might as well wait for the store release.

I want the brushes. I want Creme d'Nude in the fancy packaging. And i want a couple brow products, but i have to see them in person. I think that's it. I am tempted by the green eyeshadow palette, but i think i'll be strong and skip it.

Dezrai

I know your question was directed to Liba, but I'm NC-15, too. I have Refined Golden from last year's Alluring Aquatics collection, and I don't think it's too dark on me.
Thanks for answering! That's what I love about Spektra - getting opinions and advice from other beauty junkies and learning from their experiences. I appreciate it!!

Oceanic Lily

Elegant-one You have most definitely been missed!
Where have you been hiding your GLAMAZON-self??!!
drinks.gif

Although I must confess - {at the risk of throwing no intentional discernible shade upon my allegiance to ALL things MAC
love.gif
angelic.gif
love.gif
- trust, I made soooooooooooooooooo much Bao Bao Wan noise in anticipation of Mother's Day - I was virtually pelted with LAVENDER JADE beauties from exasperated family members quick to appease the mother beast
girlhaha.gif
lmao.gif
yahoo.gif
........ so technically I'm good for the next foreseeable future.
th_thstars.gif
} I have discovered that " once you go Mr. TOM FORD- you DON'T ever turn back!!!". And hence my dangerous consumption of not only his Pink Dusk and Nude Vanille lippies- but most recently his fragrances Neroli Portofino, Mandarino di Amalfi and my uber favorite-Costa Azzura.
bouquet.gif

Admittedly more boyfriend fragrance-nuanced than my husband likes on me but I needed to break ties with my old faithful Burberry Brit ( reason being my blood glucose levels were slightly elevated- so when my Doc asked what I proposed to do about it- the first thing I coughed up was the relinquishing of my Crazy-Sweet-Sugared-Almond-Tonka-bean infused....Perfume!!!!
lol.gif
He didn't miss a beat responding that I might first try to take a hard pass on the CRONUTS and sugary revelry that tends to nuzzle my evening mug of tea instead .. but I digress.
Great to see you back-

P.S. I'm ALL OVER Morange especially in this packaging!! Really lovely departure for MAC!
wavey.gif
pompom.gif
Hi doll!!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy to read this
pompom.gif
love.gif
It made me all warm & fuzzy ya know
th_kiss.gif

th_worship.gif
Mother Beast
th_roll1.gif
I'll have to take a quick whiff of those fragrances next time I see them. I agree about Tom Ford. I resisted like none other, but the lips & boys are my favorites and I got hooked. I NEED Nude Vanille - it's next on my list.

Hope you are having a lovely, relaxing weekend my dear!!!
kissy.gif
Elegant-one !!!
I know this might sound idiotically sophomoric but I've missed your presence
encore.gif
drinkup.gif
- ALL that irrepressible wit
sigh.gif
and contributive style
busted.gif
!!! Rumor has it that The Sorority-of-World-Class-Banter & Legendary-Panache has you on notice- you are not to stay away for too long lest the locals get rambunctiously nostalgic!!
Next time you are on the West Coast "PM " me and we'll tear up the skyline Old Hollywood style ( think Oceans Eleven meets Diane Keaton- !!!
drinkup.gif
( couldn't find more "cocktail indulgent" emojis
cutey.gif
love.gif
)

Sun has begun to set and I'm being corralled ( actually not too much is needed given I kinda love this new series- {after BBC's Luther-needed a reprieve
blush-anim-cl.gif
}) to binge watch USA's DIG!!
( If I may when has Jason Issacs not been ridiculously come hither worthy
kissy.gif
)
Enjoy your long weekend- (it's Victoria Day weekend here)- as the sunset casts an interesting play of light on my refreshed MORANGEd lips!
This color is pure Tahitian sunset- i picked up some BU's for when " Spidey-Man-sticky/glom-ified-handed Daughter "
ban2.gif
comes to visit!
What collection is next on your radar?

liba

I'm an old crone and bright reds and orange reds make me look old crone-ier. Dark blue-reds work, but i rarely wear red and i have 3 dark blue-reds, Deeply Adored, Studded Kiss, and Rocker, and that's more than enough for me.

I'm waiting until this collection is in my local MAC store. It takes close to 2 weeks to get if i order on-line, so i might as well wait for the store release.

I want the brushes. I want Creme d'Nude in the fancy packaging. And i want a couple brow products, but i have to see them in person. I think that's it. I am tempted by the green eyeshadow palette, but i think i'll be strong and skip it.
I can usually wear very orange or very blue reds, but brick reds and neutral reds are the bad guys for me. I think reds are even pickier than nudes to find the right ones. MAC has put out a few that really work well for me lately, Tenor Voice (but not Opera), Victoriana, Salon Rouge, but my favorite MAC red is still Runaway Red (the original release - the repromote really didn't look the same). Those Toledo ones were superb, though.

Oceanic Lily

lilinah !!!
" I'm an old crone and bright reds and orange reds make me look old crone-ier."
yahoo.gif
lmao.gif
cutey.gif
girlhaha.gif

This made me laugh so hard I'm now
heat.gif
!!!!!

May I venture that my MORANGE wearing euphoria is supported only by the fact that when I look in the mirror it's Sophia Vergara winking back at me in Vivid MORANGE wearing solidarity!!!

Oceanic Lily

I can usually wear very orange or very blue reds, but brick reds and neutral reds are the bad guys for me. I think reds are even pickier than nudes to find the right ones. MAC has put out a few that really work well for me lately, Tenor Voice (but not Opera), Victoriana, Salon Rouge, but my favorite MAC red is still Runaway Red (the original release - the repromote really didn't look the same). Those Toledo ones were superb, though.
liba ! I hear everything you're saying- but here's a trick I've honed over the years- and feel comfortable enough now to happily impart.....
"If I obliterate all overhead lighting, dial up low-lighting, put on my best oversized sunnies and insist that everyone within a hundred foot radius do the same....well SUDDENLY that yellow based orange ( much like the mood altering Bao Bao Wan's Forbidden Sunrise- gasp, wince
holysheep.gif
) is the most venerated wearable shade EVAH!!"
lol.gif

I wish I had picked up more Toledo as well-definite buyer's remorse there!
crybaby.gif

Wishing you continued improved health-

P.S. Not for nothing- it was not the three "BEAUTIES" that were immortalized in Macbeth!!!- but those kick-ass, bad ass CRONES- that we all love to reference so much!- I bet you're smiling now -
lol.gif
rofl.gif
drinks.gif

Dezrai

I've never bought it - never cared for it much. It was more the texture I don't like, as opposed to the color, although I felt it was a little unnatural for me. I'm interested in Golden Rinse, because a pinker or redder bronzer always looks more natural on me, but right now I have a few bronzers I already love to death, like the Brooke Shields one, last year's Aphrodite's Shell and Lush Light Bronze from a few years ago, so this one will have to really blow me away before I buy yet another bronzer, heh. I'm doing much better lately, but I had a few really touch and go years before I got a proper diagnosis. You're going through much more than I did, so I really hope things work out well and you get to feeling better really soon!
Thank you for the support and advice!! And I'm so glad you're doing better!

erine1881

Hey ladies this thread is huge!! I can't seem to find out if the fluidline for brows are going to be made permananent after this collection?? Does anyone know? Thank you in advance!
It depends on what country you're from. You can tell by looking at the website whether it's perm or not.

sdsamler

I've never bought from macys online, what time do the collections usually go live? I know nordies usually is midnight on the dot :) and is it launching on macys the same day as nordies???? Sorry if this has been asked before but this thread is gigantic haha

montREALady

They had brow fluidlines before. I think they've expanded the shades. I'm thinking about true brunette. I already have deep dark brunette and was quite happy with it until I misplaced it. I have a back up but I refused to have 2 of the same creme product open at the same time so in the mean time I've been using my brow pencils. I wonder how true brunette would look on me.
Yeah I recently got into pencils and have been giving the pomades/gels a rest.

montREALady

I've never bought from macys online, what time do the collections usually go live? I know nordies usually is midnight on the dot
smiles.gif
and is it launching on macys the same day as nordies???? Sorry if this has been asked before but this thread is gigantic haha
Usually Monday too, I just can't remember what time. I want to know when Bloomies launches online...

Prettypackages

I've never bought it - never cared for it much. It was more the texture I don't like, as opposed to the color, although I felt it was a little unnatural for me. I'm interested in Golden Rinse, because a pinker or redder bronzer always looks more natural on me, but right now I have a few bronzers I already love to death, like the Brooke Shields one, last year's Aphrodite's Shell and Lush Light Bronze from a few years ago, so this one will have to really blow me away before I buy yet another bronzer, heh.

I'm doing much better lately, but I had a few really touch and go years before I got a proper diagnosis. You're going through much more than I did, so I really hope things work out well and you get to feeling better really soon!

Hi sweetie!!!! Hope things have been excellent for you lately!
bouquet.gif

Agreed. How many red lipsticks do you have?