MAC's Re-Launch of HEROINE Lipstick (December 16, 2013)

Vandekamp

I would suggest getting purple haze with rebellious. The combo is to die for.
I just got Rebellious on Friday. Love it. Is purple haze a MAC lipliner. I'm waiting for Melinda to come in on Monday. I ordered 2 of them. I hope to get two HEROINE lipsticks.

Vandekamp

Does anyone think there is a big difference between the Fashion Boost liner and the Heroine lip liner? They look almost the same to me.

Vandekamp

Ladies, Here's an interesting combo to try: HEROINE lip liner and Flat out Fabulous. It looks amazing. BTW- I'm amazed that the "certain" retailer that we spoke about last week still has plenty of the HEROINE lip liners and nail polish. I can't wait for the lipstick to roll out. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

erine1881

Does anyone think there is a big difference between the Fashion Boost liner and the Heroine lip liner? They look almost the same to me.
4f14219a_image.jpeg
Heroine (left), FB (right)

NewChick10

Quote:Originally Posted by Baby1black

Heroine is just sitting there, go take it out and use it. It is amazing.

My purple lipstick collection is lovely but how can you enjoy any of it when all I do is buy purple lipsticks and then it’s on to the next one. I will try it and see if it is worth all this hype…

NewChick10

Quote:Originally Posted by michelle79

Good news for everyone who loves Heroine. I'm personally Team Strong Woman but Heroine is a beautiful color.

I have strong woman too but I for some reason just ain’t feelin it. I think it’s the red in it that I don’t like.

Vandekamp

Quote:Originally Posted by Baby1black

Heroine is just sitting there, go take it out and use it. It is amazing.

My purple lipstick collection is lovely but how can you enjoy any of it when all I do is buy purple lipsticks and then it’s on to the next one. I will try it and see if it is worth all this hype…
Heroine is THE prettiest purple that I've seen so far.

Vandekamp

HEROINE TO REMAIN LIMITED EDITION, LADIES: The HEROINE lipstick will remain LIMITED EDITION at least for now, says MAC as of this afternoon. I, for one, shall continue to keep my fingers crossed and pray to the makeup gods that they stop playing games with us and make it permanent. At least the temp re-release date will be an opportunity for those of us who did not get it the first or second time to get it the third time. So, you better get your backup on the "special date." On your mark, get set.........GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol :nanas: :nanas: :nanas: :nanas: :nanas: :nanas: :nanas: :nanas:

Gorgeous40

I just got Rebellious on Friday. Love it. Is purple haze a MAC lipliner. I'm waiting for Melinda to come in on Monday. I ordered 2 of them. I hope to get two HEROINE lipsticks.
I got Melinda on Friday and I am a little underwhelmed by the formula. Let me know what you think when you get it. To me it's closer to violetta than heroine (in consistency).

Gorgeous40

HEROINE TO REMAIN LIMITED EDITION, LADIES: The HEROINE lipstick will remain LIMITED EDITION at least for now, says MAC as of this afternoon. I, for one, shall continue to keep my fingers crossed and pray to the makeup gods that they stop playing games with us and make it permanent. At least the temp re-release date will be an opportunity for those of us who did not get it the first or second time to get it the third time. So, you better get your backup on the "special date." On your mark, get set.........GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol :nanas: :nanas: :nanas: :nanas: :nanas: :nanas: :nanas: :nanas:
Nooooo! Welp, back to my game plan to make sure I get all the BUs I need. Thanks for the research Vandekamp!

Baby1black

No purple haze is a lipstick from the same company .matte lipstick but more blue based than rebellious. I tend to put purple haze on the centre of rebellious to give it more of an oomph . I will try to post pics of both ,

Vandekamp

I got Melinda on Friday and I am a little underwhelmed by the formula. Let me know what you think when you get it. To me it's closer to violetta than heroine (in consistency).
Oh, really. My order should be in today. I'll report back to you today.

Vandekamp

No purple haze is a lipstick from the same company .matte lipstick but more blue based than rebellious. I tend to put purple haze on the centre of rebellious to give it more of an oomph . I will try to post pics of both ,
Rebellious and FOF is a nice combination too.

Vandekamp

I got my Heroine nail polish today. I am a bit underwhelmed. It looks like a trial size. Is this a joke?????? It's only .34ounces. Can anyone verify if the old nail polish was for .34 ounces. Needless to say, I will never purchase this again. I think the price point is way off the mark for the size of the polish.

Vandekamp

Hi Gorgeous40: I got my Melinda lipstick today from POW Cosmetics. I agree with you. WTF. The lipstick says its a matte but it does not apply like a matte. For $18 I would recommend anyone looking for a Heroine dupe to consider Rockstar Cosmetics. They have a matte dupe for Heroine called Rebellious and it is a beautiful, inexpensive lippie. Cost $10 and it arrives in 3 days. Pow Cosmetics is a waste of money. It's over priced and cheap. It does not apply or feel like a matte. They charge you $6 for shipping and it only cost $2.67 USPS which is how they send it. Mac only charges $15 for Heroine I will pay more than $15 for a lipstick if it is worth it. For instance, Nars charges $24 for their lipsticks and it is a quality product. It is worth it.

GlitterMUA

Quote:Originally Posted by Vandekamp

HEROINE TO REMAIN LIMITED EDITION, LADIES:

The HEROINE lipstick will remain LIMITED EDITION at least for now, says MAC as of this afternoon. I, for one, shall continue to keep my fingers crossed and pray to the makeup gods that they stop playing games with us and make it permanent. At least the temp re-release date will be an opportunity for those of us who did not get it the first or second time to get it the third time. So, you better get your backup on the "special date."

On your mark, get set.........GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol

nanaparty.gif
nanaparty.gif
nanaparty.gif
nanaparty.gif
nanaparty.gif
nanaparty.gif
nanaparty.gif
nanaparty.gif

Ugh! Why lawd?!! Why must they continue to do this to us?! Hunger Games for Heroine in full effect!!

Gorgeous40

Hi Gorgeous40: I got my Melinda lipstick today from POW Cosmetics. I agree with you. WTF. The lipstick says its a matte but it does not apply like a matte. For $18 I would recommend anyone looking for a Heroine dupe to consider Rockstar Cosmetics. They have a matte dupe for Heroine called Rebellious and it is a beautiful, inexpensive lippie. Cost $10 and it arrives in 3 days. Pow Cosmetics is a waste of money. It's over priced and cheap. It does not apply or feel like a matte. They charge you $6 for shipping and it only cost $2.67 USPS which is how they send it. Mac only charges $15 for Heroine I will pay more than $15 for a lipstick if it is worth it. For instance, Nars charges $24 for their lipsticks and it is a quality product. It is worth it.
MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY! It wasn't worth the price and it certainly isn't a matte. I will never buy this again. It only lasts about an hour before it's gone. It leaves a pink/red stain that looks all bad. I would not recommend this to anyone unfortunately. I prefer my Maybelline Lavender Voltage to this any day of the week! I hate that the formulation is so terrible bcz they have such beautiful colors.

Vandekamp

MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY! It wasn't worth the price and it certainly isn't a matte. I will never buy this again. It only lasts about an hour before it's gone. It leaves a pink/red stain that looks all bad. I would not recommend this to anyone unfortunately. I prefer my Maybelline Lavender Voltage to this any day of the week! I hate that the formulation is so terrible bcz they have such beautiful colors.
I wish I could take it back. I bought two lipsticks. The first lipstick had the name of the company imprinted on the top. The second tube had a sticker with the name of the company and it wasn't even properly secured. If Pow Cosmetics were a too-rated cosmetic company i would assume I got a counterfeit lipstick and possibly one real lippie. Despite the claims, it is a satin finish not a matte. It reminds me of a cheap drugstore lipstick trying to be something it is not. A total waste of money!!!!!!!!!!! $18. Are you kidding me KW. Are you serious. No $&%# way!!!!!!!!

Gorgeous40

I wish I could take it back. I bought two lipsticks. The first lipstick had the name of the company imprinted on the top. The second tube had a sticker with the name of the company and it wasn't even properly secured. If Pow Cosmetics were a too-rated cosmetic company i would assume I got a counterfeit lipstick and possibly one real lippie. Despite the claims, it is a satin finish not a matte. It reminds me of a cheap drugstore lipstick trying to be something it is not. A total waste of money!!!!!!!!!!! $18. Are you kidding me KW. Are you serious. No $&%# way!!!!!!!!
I know. I really feel duped. But that "Heroine dupe" IG pic gave me hope! I am going to give it to my 17 year old daughter.