NOTD - post all here

DOLLface

Re: Notd

ChG Strawberry Fields.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I'm wearing ChG Strawberry Fields which is a polish that always makes me happy.

I completely agree with you. It's a gorgeous color with a wonderful formula; I can't help but be happy about it.

littlepickle

24580_103534306345568_100000669967656_101045_6699073_n.jpg

I'm wearing my own Frankens - the pink is Raspberry Swirl, the teal is Pandora's Aquarium, with China Glaze Sour Apple over top. Please excuse my shoddy paint job, I'm SO out of practise it's ridiculous. Gonna go look for tips
tong.gif

BEA2LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOLLface
ChG For Audrey.

I really love the color, but I had application issues.
ssad.gif

If you find it too thick, nail polish thinner does help.. if you just do not like the formula, try essie greenport, very similar in color, they both have that tiffany blue look
smiles.gif

antigone21

I'm wearing Revlon Crème brûlée with Revlon Ice Spice. I find Crème Brûlée to be the perfect nude color for tanned skin color, it is a very very very light brown. I needed a tad of color tho, so this is why I added Iced Spice on one nail.

dsc09241a.jpg

DOLLface

Wet 'n Wild Black Creme topped with OPI Sand-erella is what I just finished applying for my birthday tomorrow.

Of course I'm going to turn around and change it for St. Patrick's Day.

littlepickle

Quote:
ChG Flying Dragon, haven't worn this one in ages

Do you find this polish thin Shadowy Lady? I'm having trouble with it
ssad.gif

Today I'm wearing ChG For Audrey
smiles.gif

LMD84

i just got cg flying dragon and put it on yesterday. yes i find it very streaky however after 3 coats it was fine. i love this purple! i love the little blue / purple glitters that run trhough it!
smiles.gif

littlepickle

3 coats still left it streaky for me and my nails tend to start peeling after 4 coats + top coat
ssad.gif
I think I might try again later, also I thought I'd look for a similar purple polish, perhaps a creme, and layer Flying Dragon over top
smiles.gif
The sparkle is sooo gorgeous, isn't it? I squealed and was totally transfixed when I opened the package
smiles.gif

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepickle
Do you find this polish thin Shadowy Lady? I'm having trouble with it
ssad.gif

Today I'm wearing ChG For Audrey
smiles.gif

I do, I have issues with many of my ChG's in fact. I think most of them don't have a good formula, are uneven and either thin or too goopy. However I like the colours so much that I try to be patient with them. For Flying Dragon I d 3 medium coats and then add a shiny topcoat.

littlepickle

Quote:
I do, I have issues with many of my ChG's in fact. I think most of them don't have a good formula, are uneven and either thin or too goopy. However I like the colours so much that I try to be patient with them. For Flying Dragon I d 3 medium coats and then add a shiny topcoat.

Yeah, I get that - you can't go past the colours. I'd like to try OPI but I haven't really been drawn to their colour ranges as yet. In New Zealand we don't really have a great selection of brands either
ssad.gif
For the creme colours like For Audrey and Re-Fresh Mint I find the application a little goopy, but that a top coat smooths the whole thing out.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepickle
3 coats still left it streaky for me and my nails tend to start peeling after 4 coats + top coat
ssad.gif
I think I might try again later, also I thought I'd look for a similar purple polish, perhaps a creme, and layer Flying Dragon over top
smiles.gif
The sparkle is sooo gorgeous, isn't it? I squealed and was totally transfixed when I opened the package
smiles.gif

hhmmm mine hasn't chipped yet. which top coat do you use? i am using seche vite (spelling!!) and that tends to be pretty good. maybe you could do a coat of spontanious and then flying dragon over the top. although spontanious isn't the same kind of purple. flying dragon is quite unique.

littlepickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
hhmmm mine hasn't chipped yet. which top coat do you use? i am using seche vite (spelling!!) and that tends to be pretty good. maybe you could do a coat of spontanious and then flying dragon over the top. although spontanious isn't the same kind of purple. flying dragon is quite unique.

I'm trying out a Jordana top coat for quality, I'm actually quite impressed! Jordana used to be carried at The Warehouse here (I guess it's our version of Walmart) but hasn't been for a few years now. In the last year or so it's started popping up in dollar stores and it's new stock too, not yucky old stuff. The same thing happens with Wet & Wild, although that tends to be bits and pieces rather than the whole range.

purrtykitty

Gettin' my St. Patty's day on with CG Four Leaf Clover mani and CG Gussied-Up Green Pedi. I'd post pics of FLC, but that color doesn't capture on camera. Color is beautiful, but the formula is dreadful.

DOLLface

ChG Emerald Sparkle - my safety net if I forgot to wear green because I did not want to be pinched.

Half N Half

I'm wearing China Glaze Re-Fresh Mint today. It's a little more green in real life and this is as green as I am willing to go for St. Patrick's Day
smiles.gif

Re-FreshMint.jpg