Of Beauty Discussion

BunnyBunnyBunny

Coming soon to all counters and stores is Of Beauty! A collection all about brightening and highlighting the face! It hits stores on November 15 so check it out then!

Included in this collection are:

Beauty Powder/Loose
  • Dancing Light - Creamy gold with white gold reflect (Permanent at Pro Stores)
  • Drizzlegold - Fleshy beige with copper and gold reflect (Permanent at Pro Stores)
  • Natural Flare - Peachy champagne with white and gold reflect (Permanent at Pro Stores)
  • Sunspill - Coral peach with white and gold reflect (New, Limited Edition)
  • Tenderdusk - Soft pink with red and gold reflect (New, Limited Edition)
  • Soft Flame - Rich plum with reddish copper reflect (New, Limited Edition)
Studio Lights
  • Skin Lure - Soft creamy beige (Repromote, Limited Edition)
  • Ideal Pink - Palest pinkish beige (Repromote, Limited Edition)
  • Smoothspice - Caramel (Repromote, Limited Edition)
  • Frangipan - Pale golden yellow (New, Limited Edition)
  • Sand - Soft peachy beige (New, Limited Edition)
Brushes
  • 183 Flat Buffer Brush - Short, full, circular buffing brush with flattened top made of natural fibres (New, Limited Edition)
  • 188 Small Duo Fibre Brush (Permanent at all locations)
  • 222 Tapered Blending Brush (Permanent at all locations)
All of the Beauty Powders are gorgeous (I already own Drizzlegold and Natural Flare), and the Studio Lights really are amazing at brightening someone's face instantly. The Beauty Powders are to be used as or along with blush on the cheeks to add a highlight, and the Studio Lights are to be used under the eyes/on the face to brighten the complexion and used over normal concealor. Beautiful!!!

lethaldesign

Are the Studio Lights a powder or cream product?

Also, have you seen this new 183 brush? Is it similar to the 185 Body Buffer Brush, maybe smaller? Do you know how much it will cost?

TIA
smiles.gif

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethaldesign
Are the Studio Lights a powder or cream product?

Also, have you seen this new 183 brush? Is it similar to the 185 Body Buffer Brush, maybe smaller? Do you know how much it will cost?

TIA
smiles.gif

The Studio Lights are a cream product.

I am wondering if the 183 is in the style of the 180, 185 and 186 brush or if it is more like the 182?? I was at my counter today and forgot to ask.
ssad.gif

frocher

I love beauty powders, and the studio lights sound very interesting. Thanks for the heads up Bunny.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
The Studio Lights are a cream product.

I am wondering if the 183 is in the style of the 180, 185 and 186 brush or if it is more like the 182?? I was at my counter today and forgot to ask.
ssad.gif

it is shaped like the #185 body buffer brush, just smaller for the face.

miss_emc

I don't know if anyone else has seen the visual/displayer for this collection but it seriously freaked me out when i saw it at update training. The model's face is covered in a dark pink coloured glitter, she looks like a burns victim!

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_emc
I don't know if anyone else has seen the visual/displayer for this collection but it seriously freaked me out when i saw it at update training. The model's face is covered in a dark pink coloured glitter, she looks like a burns victim!

I personally think it's gorgeous. It's so unique. It's like an artist's interpretation of the collection, and an image inspired by the collection. That is why our managers and higher ups always tell us to definitely immediately tell the customer how the products are intended to be used, since obviously the visual is NOT how it is ideally worn daily. =P

princess

I'm kind of lemming the loose beauty powders but I have read that they are very shimmery, is that true?

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
I personally think it's gorgeous. It's so unique. It's like an artist's interpretation of the collection, and an image inspired by the collection. That is why our managers and higher ups always tell us to definitely immediately tell the customer how the products are intended to be used, since obviously the visual is NOT how it is ideally worn daily. =P

That totally makes sense! I trust what you say BunnyBunnyBunny...when I first came to this site I saw a post where you described Emote blush...I went & bought it...it was exactly as fabulous as you stated! Thanks!

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess
I'm kind of lemming the loose beauty powders but I have read that they are very shimmery, is that true?

They actually do contain the new microglitters called Reflects that were just released. They also contain metallic particles. They are fabulous for adding a shimmer and/or highlight to the face. They are not ideal for an extremely natural look or for someone that is not a fan of shimmer and glitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
That totally makes sense! I trust what you say BunnyBunnyBunny...when I first came to this site I saw a post where you described Emote blush...I went & bought it...it was exactly as fabulous as you stated! Thanks!

Awww! I'm sooo glad I could have helped you out! I'm sooo happy that you can trust what I say about MAC and everything. That's really awesome, and I'm so happy to contribute to the MAC community in any way possible!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_emc

here is the display.

ofbeauty.jpg

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
ummm... wow... creative to say the least..

And yet seemingly has nothing to do with lighting and brightening. I don't get it. To look at it you would think MAC was releasing a collection of copper-rose Leaf Metal and black Chromacke. I'm befuddled.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny

I don't mean to pick and fuss, and the pic is "artistic" but what is the point of a promo pick that doesn't at the very least, employ the products of the new collection? I think about the Danse of Flastronic ladies, and sure, they both had pastel/metalic lines and blots all over their faces, and 99% of the populaion wouldn't choose that look, but they were also wearing the featured products, MSF's, pigments, shadows, lipsticks, etc. And then the collection is named "Of Beauty" and what I am seeing, is not cosmetically beautiful, in the least.

GreekChick

I am one to defend the visuals that represent each collection that is released. I think they are artistic and unique.
However, it is almost painful to look at the displayer for Of Beauty. They could have done a much better job in terms of application and creativity. The artist literally threw powder on the model's face, an act which could easily create amazing visual effects. In this picture though, she looks burned and scary.
I don't know, I'm not fond of it at all, and as I said above, I have never been disappointed with a visual until now ( I loved the Danse one!)