Of Beauty Discussion

dmenchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
I don't mean to pick and fuss, and the pic is "artistic" but what is the point of a promo pick that doesn't at the very least, employ the products of the new collection? I think about the Danse of Flastronic ladies, and sure, they both had pastel/metalic lines and blots all over their faces, and 99% of the populaion wouldn't choose that look, but they were also wearing the featured products, MSF's, pigments, shadows, lipsticks, etc. And then the collection is named "Of Beauty" and what I am seeing, is not cosmetically beautiful, in the least.

i completly agree...BTW i think she loks like one of those people that grow hair all over their bodies and faces, i don't know how you call this condition/people...

elegant-one

Is anyone familiar with the Studio Lights - Ideal Pink shade? I have the Frangipan from before & love it...the MAC MUA suggested Ideal Pink for me but I don't live close enough to see it in person. (NW15)

thelove4tequila

I sooo wasn't into this collection but now that I have seen it online, ummm yeah...I'm surprised I really like it! I'm so excited about the 183, I'm def getting that!

lian_qiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracetre123
ok...maybe a stupid question...but the 222 is an eye brush??

222 is an eye brush. All face brushes start with 1 (eg: 187, 188 etc), eyes brushes start with 2, lip brushes with 3

gracetre123

Quote:
Originally Posted by lian_qiu
222 is an eye brush. All face brushes start with 1 (eg: 187, 188 etc), eyes brushes start with 2, lip brushes with 3

thanks hon!!!

jilliandanica

I really want the 183 and 188. I just got the 222 and it is seriously my favorite eye brush!

The studio lights interest me the most. I haven't seen them in person yet but for those that have or have used them before....what's the texture like? I don't know my MAC face shade but I'm guessing I'm a NC42/NW43, what shade do you think will suite me? TIA

AlliSwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilliandanica
I really want the 183 and 188. I just got the 222 and it is seriously my favorite eye brush!

The studio lights interest me the most. I haven't seen them in person yet but for those that have or have used them before....what's the texture like? I don't know my MAC face shade but I'm guessing I'm a NC42/NW43, what shade do you think will suite me? TIA

I LOOOOVE my 188. My 187 has taken a major backseat to it.

Another question re: studio lights...do they settle or crease?

etooz

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyqt
umm.. the promo pic scared the hell outta me! >_<;

I know, that was my first thought-- gross!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilliandanica

The Studio Lights are very smooth & creamy yet light. They are more for highlighting the face...lightly tap over concealer or other areas of the face where you would highlight. Slight iridescence to them. I have the Frangipan (NW15) which helps in eliminating redness & brightens. I'm sure a MAC artist on here can give further details.

I ordered the Ideal Pink because thats what a MAC MUA suggested for me to brighten up my face.

lethaldesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracetre123
ok...maybe a stupid question...but the 222 is an eye brush??

Even though the 222 is meant for your eye area, you can also use it on your face. I actually use my 224 to highlight my cheekbones - its much more precise &allows for a lighter application than any of the face brushes I own or have tried.

Divinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
How much are these?TIA

Beauty/loose powders are $21
Studio Lights are $14.50

AmyHeimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by yummy411
of beauty wasn't at my macy's counter today!! is only at MAC stores?

I picked Of Beauty up at the Macy's in Tysons...

KimSwim

Quote:
Originally Posted by yummy411
of beauty wasn't at my macy's counter today!! is only at MAC stores?

Of Beauty wasn't at my Bay Counter yesterday either. I was talking to one of the MAs about it, and she said they got the displayer, but there was a problem with shipping and they just didn't get any of the products in time for it's launch. She didn't know when they would be coming in either...

Twinkle_Twinkle

^^ My fav. counter didn't get the display, the 188 or 222 for the display, and were missing two of the Beuaty Powders. It was fine because I got what I needed, and had to go to the Free Standing Store anyway. I am a little annoyed that the MA gave me a wrong shade of the Studio Lights and now I have to go back. Always check your bags ladies (and fellas)!

gigglegirl

ok for those of you who have been lucky enough to have purchased a beauty powder from either your counter/freestanding/pro store
1. How would you say it compares to an MSF?
2. Or if you're not an msf person, how about a Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick?

I'm one of those ppl whose counters didn't receive the shipment and are not sure when they would be coming in.....

So any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
^^ My fav. counter didn't get the display, the 188 or 222 for the display, and were missing two of the Beuaty Powders. It was fine because I got what I needed, and had to go to the Free Standing Store anyway. I am a little annoyed that the MA gave me a wrong shade of the Studio Lights and now I have to go back. Always check your bags ladies (and fellas)!

The Belk’s counter I went to in Destin, FL, did not get the display, either. I got 3 beauty powders and “smoothspice” studio lights! Smoothspice reminds me of YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch Highlighter; except this one highlights better on me than the YSL one does…..And it’s much cheaper than the Touche Eclat (which is now $39.50!). I’d much rather pay $14.50 for this one……Loving it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
ok for those of you who have been lucky enough to have purchased a beauty powder from either your counter/freestanding/pro store
1. How would you say it compares to an MSF?
2. Or if you're not an msf person, how about a Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick?

I'm one of those ppl whose counters didn't receive the shipment and are not sure when they would be coming in.....

So any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!

I’m an NW45. When I saw my MA today, who is an NW50, she was wearing “Dancing Light”. I couldn’t believe it…..she tried it on me and I loved it. I got Dancing Light, Sunspill and Soft flame (which has enough color to double as a blush as well as a highlighter).

I’ve never used MAC’s BPs and was excited to try them. To me they are better than the MSFs. They are sheer and very forgiving if you use them w/a heavy hand. She convinced me to get the 183 brush, but really, you don’t need it. I tried them out w/the 183 and 188 and both works great.

I know I’m gushing about these powders but they are a miracle
th_DANCE.gif
….I love the subtle, slight shimmer-effect they give. They are perfect. I am so glad they released this collection to a counter near me so that I could try them out. I couldn’t take a chance ordering these on-line, sight unseen.

You cannot go wrong when you apply these; unlike some MSFs which can leave a glittery-mess on your face and make you look oily. These are almost ethereal looking. Maybe someone here can make a recommendation for you.

These BPs will definitely be at the top of my list for the "What was MAC's Best and Worst of 2007" thread.:yes:

gigglegirl

thank you lsperry--thats the kind of review I was hoping for!! I still haven't had a chance to see them. I have New Vegas msf and its alright but lots of glitter. So hearing this as a slight/subtle shimmer, I'm so sold!! Thanks!!!