Of Beauty Discussion

BunnyBunnyBunny

Well, I think when they have visuals like this, it is sort of to test the MAC artist. Make it so that the artist can interest and inspire the customer, instead if the visual. Just my two cents.

BeautyPsycho

I think the visual is like that because collection is about highlighting and brightening- everything is dark except that pink powder part- and that is the center of attention (translation- bring out your best features by highlighting them..)
At least thats my interpretation
smiles.gif

However, I do think that texture is kinda freaky.. if black was creamy, it would look much better!

GreekChick

^^ That brush is going to be amazing! I tried it with the Studio Fix Fluid, and it went on flawlessly in less than 10 seconds
greengrin.gif

GreekChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
Well, I think when they have visuals like this, it is sort of to test the MAC artist. Make it so that the artist can interest and inspire the customer, instead if the visual. Just my two cents.

You're absolutely right! We are going to get asked so many questions concerning this visual, and in a way, it's funny to see how people will react to it.

Ascella

Just to have the product pictures collected here as well.

Beauty Powder/Loose
Dancing Light: Creamy gold with white gold reflect pearlized particles
Natural Flare: Peachy champagne with white and gold reflect pearlized particles
Tenderdusk: Soft pink with red and gold reflect pearlized particles
mediaofbeauty002ka2.jpg

Sunspill: Coral peach with white and gold reflect pearlized particles
Drizzlegold: Fleshy beige with copper and gold reflects
Soft Flame: Rich plum with reddish copper reflect pearlized particles
mediaofbeauty003ih6.jpg

Studio Lights
Frangipan: Pale golden yellow
Sand: Soft peachy beige
Skin Lure: Soft creamy beige
Ideal Pink: Palest pinkish beige
Smoothspice: Caramel
mediaofbeauty004gh7.jpg

Brushes
mediaofbeauty005zn1.jpg

Source: http://www.temptalia.com/mac-cosmeti...product-photos

shadowaddict

th_dunno.gif
OK, probably stupid question but how is the 183 different from the 182 and the 180 for that matter, other than the obvious shape, size, and such? Like if I could only buy one which should I get? I know the 182 is for powder but some use it for foundation. Is the 183 for liquid foundation? How do you guys like the 180? Sorry for all the ???

gracetre123

OMG!!! this is a beautiful collection!!!...ok you guys...please I need advise here...

I was planning to buy a 182, but maybe I should get the 183 what you think??

And those powders looks amazing..in wich collection do you think I should spend my money ?

Curiousitease pigmengts.... (I don´t own any pigment.)

Or this gorgeus brush and some of this powders??maybe they are going to be hard to find latter..

TIA

Aprilrobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracetre123
OMG!!! this is a beautiful collection!!!...ok you guys...please I need advise here...

I was planning to buy a 182, but maybe I should get the 183 what you think??

And those powders looks amazing..in wich collection do you think I should spend my money ?

Curiousitease pigmengts.... (I don´t own any pigment.)

Or this gorgeus brush and some of this powders??maybe they are going to be hard to find latter..

TIA

The Of Beauty powders are half perm, but PRO (marked below). So you could still get those shades at a later date if you have access to a PRO store or wanted to order from PRO on the phone. If you go to the PRO site there are some additional colors not being released with this consumer collection, though, slightly less "natural" shades.

Loose Beauty Powder
Dancing Light (Pro) - Creamy gold with white gold reflects.
Drizzlegold (Pro)- Fleshy beige with copper and gold reflects.
Natural Flare (Pro) - Peachy champagne with white and gold reflects.
Sunspill - Coral peach with white and gold reflect (LE)
Tenderdusk - Soft pink with red and gold reflect (LE)
Soft Flame - Rich plum with reddish copper reflect (LE)

At the same time, the pigments sets are a great buy. If I didn't already have the majority of the colors, the warm set would be a definite buy for me - some of my favorites.

Cools aren't for me, so I can't speak for that set. Haven't tried those colors.

Not sure what your budget is, but maybe you could split it up a bit. get a pigment set and a LE Beauty powder or two.

gracetre123

thank you so much for replay...I was thinking the same thing...maybe I should get two of the LE powders, the brush and both pigments sets!!! heheh...my budget it´s not so big...after I got all the royal assets palettes...(great buy btw, first mac eyeshadows..so happy)

I know that I want all!!! OMG but I don´t have anything from mac just a few brushes and some MSF, and I thing that this is a great way to start my little collection...anyway...mac it´s going to make me poor for the next weeks...

another Q: those loose beauty powders...the skin is going to look similar if you apply MSF?? or are this products totally diferent??

Aprilrobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracetre123
thank you so much for replay...I was thinking the same thing...maybe I should get two of the LE powders, the brush and both pigments sets!!! heheh...my budget it´s not so big...after I got all the royal assets palettes...(great buy btw, first mac eyeshadows..so happy)

I know that I want all!!! OMG but I don´t have anything from mac just a few brushes and some MSF, and I thing that this is a great way to start my little collection...anyway...mac it´s going to make me poor for the next weeks...

another Q: those loose beauty powders...the skin is going to look similar if you apply MSF?? or are this products totally diferent??

This really is an excellent year if you're just building your MAC collection. Those of us that have been building for a while don't often have a lot of use for the holiday sets because we already have the colors in the collection. I got the Metallic palette though and I love it. I love this packaging so much that I HAD to buy something.

I'm sorry that I can't exactly answer your question about the beauty powders vs MSFs. The loose beauty powders are actually a brand new product and I was waiting to see the colors in the consumer release before I bought any of the perm PRO ones - I'm on a budget too. So, I haven't haued my butt to the pro store to see them yet. From what I've hear they're sheer and shimmery with some glitter in them, which does sound similar to the MSFs. I'm a big fan of the pressed beauty powders that have been released with other collections though, so I'm excited about these and hope I like them just as much.

I'm kind of tempted by that big fat white brush too =)

Have fun!

spectrolite

The collection looks beautiful and I am a bit excited. I'm looking forward to trying out those Studio Lights since I've been looking for a brightener for some time. The visual is a bit avant garde which can be a good thing but in this case I don't think it is successful. Honestly I think it looks really awful! It does not inspire me to do anything gorgeous at all. I think in this situation, gorgeous makeup should have an equally gorgeous visual that makes you want to purchase and gives you some idea of how you could use the products. This totally reminds me of Captain Pinbacker (horribly burned crazy guy) from that movie Sunshine. Despite the not so great visual I'm really looking forward to the collection.

thmbup.gif

Ascella

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMAClady
Can you please tell which colors are which in the photos? Thanks!

Updated with the descriptions.
th_wink3.gif

Aprilrobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrolite
This totally reminds me of Captain Pinbacker (horribly burned crazy guy) from that movie Sunshine. Despite the not so great visual I'm really looking forward to the collection.

thmbup.gif

LMFAO, dead on.

lian_qiu

For those who are from Australia, the MA from the Melbourne Chapel St Pro Store said this collection is going to be online only.

Not sure if it applies to other countries...

lsperry

Of Beauty is up on the website.

I'm on the fence about these products. I'll have to travel out of town to test them and get a MU to show me how to use them. This is one time I can't order off the website......sight unseen.