Of Beauty Discussion

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowaddict
Does anyone think these might work kind of like Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Powder that is suppose to be good under the eyes to help hide lines and says it will not settle into lines? I have never used the LM Secret Powder but it sounds great if it works. But these sound very similar.

Do you mean the powders? If so, I'm not sure I'd recommend using them under the eye because they're so shimmery/sparkley. The Studio Lights work nicely under the eye but they're not shimmery, just... brighter. *lol* Sorry, that doesn't help much. They seem to have a bit of a gloss effect to them, accounting for the reflective quality. I'll get the cakey look with Moisturecover but not Studio Lights.

clwkerric

I have NW25 skin... does anyone know which loose beauty powder from the "of beauty collection" is good for me?

I've been working crazy hours and finishing classes and aren't able to get down to the pro store to get some. So I have to make a purchase online
ssad.gif
Thanks in advance
smiles.gif

elegant-one

Tried out the Tenderdusk Beauty Powder...it is a lovely shade of palest pink! On the face, it's just the slightest of rosy pink to the face. I would use this color every day!

Today I wore it with the Metal X Pink Ingot & Fusion Gold shadows, bronze liner...lovely!

bartp

comparing Beauty Powder and Mineralize Skinfinish

"Of Beauty" beauty powder were available in Belgium this weekend. They also sold out in one weekend. And when I swatched the powders I can easily see why.

For me it's the perfect combination between glow and color, and best of all, no heavy chuncks of white glitter.

I know that a lot of people rave about mineralize skinfinish powders (and I am a fan too), but these powders are almost of better quality in my view. You get multidimensional glow and color without being too apparent.

If you had to choose between your MSF's or Beauty Powder, which would you choose?

jd-jd

I am also a NW25-30 and I'd love a recommendation.

Natural Flare?

And what about the stuff in the tubes? How do you use it? Do you use it?

Thanks in advance!!

elegant-one

If you read through this section/thread it should help with the explanation of the Studio lights - if that's what you mean by the "stuff in the tubes".

Natural Flare is beautiful & pretty much a middle of the road natural color for everyone...it does have very little color pay off, but still pretty.

glam8babe

woo i got natural flare and its beautiful! and ideal pink studio lights which i havent tried as its for xmas and the cute lil 183 brush.. everyone shud go get this brush its amazing!

User40

Just got my Of Beauty order. Dancing Light is beautiful and I think would look great on any skintone. Also ordered the Studio Lights in Skin Lure. I am an NC 20 to 25 and it's perfect. I actually like the thinner formula so it doesn't look heavy and overdone for under eyes. It worked best for me applying with my fingertip.

I LOVE both of these even more than I expected to!

fluffy.gif

Graziella*K

Hi there specktrettes !!!

I'm kinda interesed in this colelction but don't relly know what to get or is it even worth to get ?

I'm a NW15/20 with some pink and peach undertones ... in your opinion which beauty powders and studio lights should I get ?

Oh and how are these different from compact beauty powders ( I own pearl blossom and pearl sunshine which I adore ! ^_^ ) or MSF ?

As fot the beauty powders I was thinking of natural flare, tunderdusk or sunspill ... and for the sutio lights I was thinking of something like ideal pink, sand or skin lure ... ?

Oh I have to tell you that I love pigmented colors even if I'm super pale !

xoxoGraziellaxoxo

User40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graziella*K
Hi there specktrettes !!!

I'm kinda interesed in this colelction but don't relly know what to get or is it even worth to get ?

I'm a NW15/20 with some pink and peach undertones ... in your opinion which beauty powders and studio lights should I get ?

Oh and how are these different from compact beauty powders ( I own pearl blossom and pearl sunshine which I adore ! ^_^ ) or MSF ?

As fot the beauty powders I was thinking of natural flare, tunderdusk or sunspill ... and for the sutio lights I was thinking of something like ideal pink, sand or skin lure ... ?

Oh I have to tell you that I love pigmented colors even if I'm super pale !

xoxoGraziellaxoxo

I had the same question. According to the MAC LIVECHAT MUA she said it is the same as an all-over powder such as the Sheer Mystery Powder. She said to dust it over my skin for a radiant glow, and that if I used the loose powder I wouldn't wear the Sheerspark pressed powder or the Mystery Power. It seems to have more sparkle than the regular beauty powders.

IMO, if your skin is really pale, I wouldn't go any darker than Ideal Pink in the Studio Lights. There are some really good swatches at: [SIZE=-1]www.temptalia.com/mac-cosmetics-of-beauty-review-swatches-product-photos. Hope that helps.[/SIZE]

clamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
here is the display.

ofbeauty.jpg

The promotion pictures for MAC are really changing I miss the old ones like the Salsabelle and High Tea where the model isn't all photoshoped and where you can SEE the make up. From the Danse collection you can see the different products but in this you can't really see the product if it were to be worn normally
ssad.gif
Same with the Blue storm picture you could only see the eyes and lips and it was harder to be inspired to do a FOTD.

Winthrop44

Is anyone happy with Studio Lights from this collection and if yes, how do you use it? I felt like it did nothing for me, but maybe I tried the wrong shade.

lethaldesign

I got the 183 in the mail the other day... how is everybody feeling about this brush? So far, I think I like it. But the head is smaller than I expected it to be. Its not much larger than the 181SE from Novel Twist collection, except with a flat top. Very soft, but I'm already experiencing shedding after 2 days of use. Anyone else?

I also got the Sunspill Beauty Powder &I must say, I loooooove it. Much more finely milled than the Pearlizers. I am an NC25/C3 &its the perfect pinky/coral shade for highlighting my cheeks.