Of Beauty Discussion

Winthrop44

Thanks so much lsperry. Ethereal is exactly what I've been searching for! Do you know if these contain bismuth?

thewickedstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
The Studio Lights are very smooth & creamy yet light. They are more for highlighting the face...lightly tap over concealer or other areas of the face where you would highlight. Slight iridescence to them. I have the Frangipan (NW15) which helps in eliminating redness & brightens. I'm sure a MAC artist on here can give further details.

I ordered the Ideal Pink because thats what a MAC MUA suggested for me to brighten up my face.

Great info. Do you know what any of the other colors are supposed to do?
Are any of them suitable for dark circles?

I'm NW 20 and I was worried Frangipan would be too warmy (description said "golden").

Any similar info on the BPs? I can't see them in person but I'm dying to order a few.

susanks1

I bought the Tenderdusk beauty powder tonight. It is very similar in color to the BLM pearl blossom beauty powder.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanks1
I bought the Tenderdusk beauty powder tonight. It is very similar in color to the BLM pearl blossom beauty powder.

This is the one I am interested in... do you know if it looks like Hundred Degrees Pearlizer at all?

elegant-one

The Frangipan is a beautiful light yellow tone...like those yellow powders you see on tv that get rid of red blotchiness in the skin, or around the eye redness, or the indents around the nose.

I have jellyfish skin..ha..very fair NW15...and it doesn't really come out a particular color on the skin. The Ideal Pink is supposed to be more of a highlight/brightener..lightening up the skin.

I use mine over concealer, or as a last step just to polish off the existing makeup.

elegant-one

I've seen all the Beauty Powders on slightly tan skin..and they are all beautiful! A MAC MUA told me yesterday that the lighter the skin tone the prettier they are...her words. She also said that they are buildable in color though.

I ordered Natural Flair...will arrive Monday 19th...so I'll post what it's like on my skin then!

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
A MAC MUA told me yesterday that the lighter the skin tone the prettier they are...her words.

I am thoroughly embarassed that a fellow MAC MA would make such an ignorant statement.

FYI to my WoC -- ALL the beauty powders look great on our darker skintones. It's all about the amount used and the blending technique. I am a NC50 and I wore DANCING LIGHT (yes, the lightest one) underneath my eyes and it looked gorgeous -- I received a lot of compliments on my skin today because of it. Also, these beauty powders are fricking excellent as eyeshadows. I am planning on buying all of them because they're just so gorgeous!

mollyv6

These do contain bismuth oxychloride but it's shown as a +/- ingredient near the bottom of the list. I cannot wear most mineral makeup due to the high content of bismuth but I have no problem with these, I have even worn them as eyeshadow. HTH!!!

gabi1129

these beauty powders are amazing. i loved the regular beauty powders, but these are 10x better, imo. and i agree they look great on dark skin tones!

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyv6
These do contain bismuth oxychloride but it's shown as a +/- ingredient near the bottom of the list. I cannot wear most mineral makeup due to the high content of bismuth but I have no problem with these, I have even worn them as eyeshadow. HTH!!!

Thanks so much for that! I was disappointed at first to hear about the bismuth, but the +/- thing is really how it's mentioned on all of MAC's blushes and although like you I can't do bismuth in MMU l can wear MAC blushes. It sounds like these may be okay then too!
th_DANCE.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipshock
I am thoroughly embarassed that a fellow MAC MA would make such an ignorant statement.

FYI to my WoC -- ALL the beauty powders look great on our darker skintones. It's all about the amount used and the blending technique. I am a NC50 and I wore DANCING LIGHT (yes, the lightest one) underneath my eyes and it looked gorgeous -- I received a lot of compliments on my skin today because of it. Also, these beauty powders are fricking excellent as eyeshadows. I am planning on buying all of them because they're just so gorgeous!

I don't think she meant it in a derogatory way...and she was African American. You could tell she had some insecurity issues & her comment was more reflective of that...her own personal view of herself with the powder on.

gigglegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipshock

So by combining I guess both comments--WoC and pale people (ie everyone) can use any colour and prob make it work for them? I hope so as I'm prob just going to have to do an online order!!

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMAClady
Could someone give me a good inexpensive substitution brush to use with these powders? -Thanks!!

Since they are repromoting the 188 brush, I am going to suggest the Flirt! Feather Dust-her brush. You can get it at Kohls for $6. I have 2 of them and use them all the time. I bought these to hold me over til I can get the 188! They are excellent for the price!
smiles.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

These positive comments make me want to revisit the BP's. I wasn't wowed or anything. I just got a bunch of the Studio Lights and walked away from the powders. Maybe I'll give them another glance.

AlliSwan

Skin Lure was gorgeous, but I don't see myself using it...the powders were really pretty but way too hella shimmery for me, I'll stick with my light-handed MSF application (and Soft Flame was the only one that held much of its color when buffed into my skin)...I am lusting after the 183 (SUPER soft) and might try to swap for it, but I already have the 182 and am trying not to spend $ right now.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by FemmeNoir
What colors do you think would cover up dark circles on NC25 skin?

Thanks!

I don't believe that they are meant to be concealers, but more highlighters used over concealer & foundation. However, the Frangipan may work good under a concealer (or over) because it does help with redness & under eye darkness, or wherever there is redness/darkness.

This may sound weird but think of your bra & underwear as foundation & concealer. Then your clothes as blush & eye makeup. Then the Beauty Powders & Studio Lights as the accessories... bringing accents/light to the face.

I think that MAC is getting us to think in terms of sculpting by bringing lights/darks to the face for contouring...hence the head used in the display photo - high contrast - lights & darks...& the soon coming Sculpt & Shape powders.

Hope that makes some sense.

lilMAClady

Is Dancing Light similar enough to Provence pigment that I should have both? I just saw I swatch, and I'm unsure. Thanks! (I'm NC45) any other beauty powder reccomendations for my skin tone? (I can't see them in person) Thanks again!

elegant-one

Just received the Natural Flare Beauty Powder & Ideal Pink Studio Lights. The Natural Flare powder is a gorgeous very pale peachy pink champagne color, much paler than how it appears in the container. MAJOR shimmer! Not glitter, NOT sparkles...just shimmer. Very little color payoff.

Ideal Pink is so very pretty...a very light smooth creamy slight glowy very pale ivory pink. I'm NW15 & it blended into the skin & gave a beautiful highlighted soft finish. It's my new fave.