People always ask for my _____

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJBarbie
Skin, hair, and teeth.

I can tell you where to get my hair...but as far as the others....

th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahti
I just get asked how I stay so pale/why I'm so pale/why don't I tan.
And I also get asked why I don't dye my hair (I've discovered that in Ireland having red hair is a bad thing.)
I get told to eat more also.
Sometimes I get asked about my eye makeup.

So nothing positive really ;/

You must come into contact with a lot of people with bad taste because I think you look great!
winks.gif

Nzsallyb

Quote:
And I also get asked why I don't dye my hair (I've discovered that in Ireland having red hair is a bad thing.)

dont listen to them - you have perfect skin!
embrace being different to all the blond/orange girls out there! i totally think you would rock a redhair dita von teese type of look!
choochoo.gif

VintageAqua

Brows, lips and eye shape. Whenever I'm at work wearing Rebel or Dare You, I sold like 10 tubes, haha.

People always think I'm different ethnicities as well. It's funny because I get asked anything from Chinese to Puerto Rican to Multi-racial when I'm really Eastern European. While I'm proud of my heritage, sometimes it would just be easier to say "Yes".

User38

I guess I could say I get asked a little bit about ____ everything!... what eyeshadow I use, why I am so pale, why I don't have wrinkles (cuz I don't tan, that's why!), what lipstick I am wearing (sometimes two mixed with another lg!), why why... etc. ad nauseum.. so, I smile like a sphinx and provide whatever information that won't lead to a 3 hour discussion
greengrin.gif

crystrill

My eyebrows! I won't lie though, I LOVE MY EYEBROWS if I do say so myself! LOL!

Complexion. I always find it weird though. I'll be like... "Umm, *make funny face*, thanks?!?" But I've had a few people tell me, "OMG you're so beautiful. You have such a pretty complexion/skin tone. Where are you from?" LMAO at when I respond with "here".

And usually I only wear foundation to work because I like to sleep as late as possible, but when I DO wear eyeshadow, blush, etc.... I always get compliments and I always end up "selling my look".

II3rinII

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
People ALWAYS ask me where I get my tattoos...I think they pay more attention to those more than my makeup...lol

i get the tat question too, like everyday, several times a day, i think my artist should put me on retainer with the amount of people i send him hahaha. i just got a new one on my inner right forearm, its a play on the traditional poison girl but instead of crossbones she has 2 lipsticks crossed under her head and i tell people lipsticks are my poison. other than my tats i always get compliments on my hair, even when the color is faded and the cut is grown out to me, people still ask me who does it and tell me how hot it is.

as for makeup, i get compliments on my brows and no one believes they are drawn on. alot of customers like my shadows but are intimated to try to blend 5+ products on the eye.

i wish i got compliments on my skin! unfortunatly my skin sucks =(. i wish i didnt have to wear foundation, that would be awesome!

Curly1908

Quote:

I think you're beautiful!
yes.gif

girloflowers

i get comments on my skin all the time, and they ask what i use (i usually lie and say i use the skincare we sell... i really only like exfoliate every so often and wash it when i can be bothered and of course remove makeup every night.).
being told i look like a porcelain doll (" So pale! So smooth! Like peaches and cream! How do you keep so pale?") Gets old and kind of embarrasing heh.

Boasorte

bump.....
this is a good thread
smiles.gif

although this is irrelevant, I get asked about my hair...... but I don't tell them I wear wigs!! ^_^

HersheysKiss

My complexion, It makes me feel good when people ask about it because i suffered with cystic acne for 15 years. Its all in the bobbi brown concealer and georgio armani primer!

Usually my eyebrows and eyeshadow. And skin. People ask if I use stencils for my eyebrows because of how straight and pointy I make them. As for eyeshadow, people typically go crazy for my purples. And skin, I have no idea how it stays smooth.

La Dolce Diva

Skin, followed by lips as a close 2nd. I almost always wear something sheer/dewy like Mineral Satinfinish or Studio Moisture Tint and I do a very sheer layer of mineral power. I usually bronze or do a very light blush. Most of the ladies are used to off-looking products like Fashion Fair, so I get atleast 1 skin inquiry per shift lol.

I'm also a nude lip whore- Honeylove is my thing. So pair that with the dewy skin and the bronzer, and you get my JLo look lol. ::twirls and blows you a kiss:

malaviKat

As of late I have been asked about my eye shadow and complimented on my brows. I was in Sephora and MAC on the weekend and every associate that came in contact with me asked me what I was wearing. A few asked if I did it myself and two even asked if I was a pro makeup artist. That's pretty flattering, I've gotta say, since I'm anything but. I jokingly told my bf afterward that at least the $$ I spend on makeup hasn't been a total waste and I don't routinely look like a clown. :p

I have also been told on occasion that I have DSL...even without product on them... I guess that's a compliment (if I'm not being offended).
th_dunno.gif
LOL

On a completely unrelated note, I am (and have always been) asked about my handwriting. Recently I started taking notes for class in a hardbound journal. I typically write in black gel pen (very dark wet ink), though I've recently switched back to a fountain pen, and in one of my classes my classmates and prof thought it was a printed book. I've also been singled out in a class of 300 in undergrad because a prof wanted to know who was responsible for the writing on an exam. According to others, my day to day writing looks like calligraphy and I've been told I should turn it into a font.
haha

Mabelle

eyelashes. i always tell them what im wearing, but im just blessed with longer very curled lashes. I try and give them the best tips and tricks, but what works bets for me and you could be two things!

eyeshadow. Im not afraid to play with colour and i work with a lot of girls that just do the nude thing. So i get a lot of questions about my eyeshadow.

Junkie

Eyeshadow definately...its the only item I go all out for, however if I posted a before make-up application photo and an after, theres a big effin difference - skintone, even-ness, pigmentation, etc!