Porcelain Beauties: Highlighters/ Products to give you that "GLOW"

elegant-one

Love Lightscapade! Barbie Pearl Sunshine, & for around the eye area - Make Up Forever Lift Concealer...really opens up the eye area or wherever you need to lighten up...and it wears beautiful!

jjuicyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillianjiggs
- strobe cream for all over
- lightscapade or shimpagne
- PORCELAIN PINK! doubles as a blush AND highlighter all in one. HG all the way!!
cheerleader.gif

wasnt the mac mineral skinfinish porcelain pink discontinued? i searched all over the mac site for it & then checked online and they said it was discontinued.

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjuicyy
wasnt the mac mineral skinfinish porcelain pink discontinued? i searched all over the mac site for it & then checked online and they said it was discontinued.

porcelain pink was limited edition.

porcelain beauties the world over wait breathlessly for it to be repromoted someday.
smiles.gif

NikkiHorror

I really like Benefit's Perfect "10" Powder or Miss Popularity. There's also this gigantic jar of pink highlighting powder that you can get at CVS or whatever....I forgot the brand but it's like $11 bucks. It's gorgeous on fair skin!

newagetomatoz

As far as MAC goes, I think that Lightscapade, Glissade, and Shimpagne look wonderful when applied over a matching blush, or all-over in the case of Lightscapade.

As far as non-MAC, The Body Shop's shimmer waves in Rose and Peach give me a luminous glow.

jenii

I finally got my mitts on NARS Albatross, and it's the best highlighter I've used (so far).

Only trouble is that I wish it had a little more staying power. It doesn't fade away completely, but you do have less glow after a few hours of wear.

Still, it's so gorgeous, it's worth the occasional touch-up.

Kuuipo

I'm slightly more than porcelain.....I use Goldmember creme blush with Albatross atop as a highlighter. I also use them on eyes and atop of lipstick-in the center to make my lips look really full. (both are NARS)I'm into layering products and less blending. I also like Too Faced First Base-probabley the most underated eye shadow base ever-as a cheek and lip highlighter. This is one of my desert island HG products.

Miss_M

Some of my favorite highlighters are:

Clinique - Fresh Bloom in Peony or Up-lighting Liquid Illuminator in Naturel.
MAC - Beautypowder in Yogamode. If I want a bit more color I like to use Pearl Blossom or Pearl Sunshine.
MAC - Blushcreme in Uncommon.
TBS - Shimmer Waves in Blush, which gives a subtle pink glow.

syrene78

Glissade is the PERFECT shade for me. I am NW15. A real Porcelain doll, a little transparent too.
winks.gif

When I apply it on the cheeks with no foundation it is even nicer and gives a more natural glow.
The best when you are in a hurry too and don't have time to do your entire face.

Simply Elegant

MUFE has a pale pink star powder that's a really nice highlighter if you use it sparingly. It's so glowy but looks good with just a tiny bit on.

JGmac

I don't know if I'm "porcelain" at NC20, but I have to say that I recently found Lightscapade at a CCO and I am in LOVE. It gives such a beautiful glow!

On a more daily basis, I use EM's Wet Sand, which leaves me with just a hint of shimmer (but not glitter!) that helps my cheekbones stand out.
smiles.gif

seabird

i use a tiny bit of benefit's high beam. it's shimmery so quite a few people dislike it but i really like the shimmer, personally. it's not so shimmery it's disco ball, it's just enough to give you a nice glow.

corngrl2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Has anyone in this thread tried any of the Sculkpt & Shape powders?

I have the bone beige/emphasize sculpt and shape....it's amazing! I use it everyday. I'm also a really big fan of the soft lights from Smashbox.

shadowaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by corngrl2
I have the bone beige/emphasize sculpt and shape....it's amazing! I use it everyday. I'm also a really big fan of the soft lights from Smashbox.

Me too, I got bone beige/emphasize sculpt and shape and love it.
yahoo.gif

delic1999

Well i decided to play with my MSF's today and reall like all that I have.

I use NC15 studio fix foundation and apply Lightscapade all over like a finishing powder. It helps lighten the foundation more for me. For blush I use light flush/ glassade/ porcelain pink...and actualy use all three combined today and they look cute. I'm getting northern lights in the mail so i'm eager to see how that turns out. I definatly want a backup or 2 of lightscapade.

courters

I just discovered Sephora Luminizer in Light. It looks kinda dark (for us porcelian gals) in the bottle, but once you put it on it just gives a really nice glow, I don't notice any color at all, maybe a sliiiiight pink. I'm NW15 (probably lighter in winter) and I love it.

I was interested in trying High Beam, but it was way too sparkley/glittery for my taste. This Sephora Luminizer doesn't have any obvious glitter, just a great glow.