Porcelain Beauties: Highlighters/ Products to give you that "GLOW"

delic1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknroll_lies
^^

Do they still sell lightscapade??? I can't find it online.

Ummm it's discontinued so you can try ebay or MUA or some of the MAC selling communities on Live Journal. That where I got mine.

user79

Oh dear, my Shimpagne is almost flat! The dome is nearly gone. Anyone know how much product is actually left in there once the dome is gone? Is it like more than half empty?

neotrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by delic1999
I use NC15 studio fix foundation and apply Lightscapade all over like a finishing powder. It helps lighten the foundation more for me. For blush I use light flush/ glassade/ porcelain pink...and actualy use all three combined today and they look cute. I'm getting northern lights in the mail so i'm eager to see how that turns out. I definatly want a backup or 2 of lightscapade.

That's exactly what I do to creat a luminous look! And I get lots of compliments on the glowy skin
smiles.gif

I wish Lightscapade were not LE... It should be re-promoted!

delic1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotrad
That's exactly what I do to creat a luminous look! And I get lots of compliments on the glowy skin
smiles.gif

I wish Lightscapade were not LE... It should be re-promoted!

I agree they should bring it back! If they were more aware of how much people are willing to spend on these on ebay and stuff I'm sure they would want some of that money.

I got the northern lights in yesterday and have yet to play with it but it has a nice peach color to it. The glissade doesn't add much color to the skin but has nice shine to it so I wear it under another msf like porcelain pink or light flush to give more glow.

Scintilla

I'm very pale with yellow undertones, cool colours suit me best. My faves are:

- Nars Albatross
- MAC Strobe cream
- MAC Lightscapade
- Nars Copacabana

Northern light and Porcelain pink were too warm for me. I still can't decide if Shimpagne's warm, neutral or cool
hmm.gif
A lot of people recommend Too faced Snow bunny for pale girls, has anyone tried it?

RoCk_StAr_GiRl

Have any of you ever used Too Faced 'Ice Cube' in Lust? It ios half solid eyeshadow and half loose powder. I use the eyeshadow for a highlight and a ligh dusting of the loose powder on my cheeks and it gives me an amazing glow! Just be careful not to go ott or you WILL look like you have lightbulbs in your cheeks!

Dani California

wavey.gif
Hi there.

Just thought I'd say my faves and not so faves for highlighting, as a fellow porcelain.
greengrin.gif

Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick in Apricot and Pink Quartz
MAC MSF in Light flush and Northern Light - particularly like NL even though it has a reddish sheen to it on me.
Pout shimmerswirl in Baked Sugar - a pinky colour, bit like BB shimmerbrick in pink, but actually shows up!
Clinique shimmering tones powder in Pink Chocolate - this is a little dark and bronzey looking though.
ssad.gif

Pout Sandy Swinger - a nice golden shimmer.
MAC Belightful - nice, but sometimes a weird bronzey shade on me
ssad.gif

Smashbox Soflights powder in Capture - a nice pinky shade, got to be careful though otherwise it s like pink overload
lol.gif
quite a pigmented product! Love to try more of these!

Am sure there's more!!
greengrin.gif
Am enjoying all the porcelain threads.
thmbup.gif

rachybloom

I got Strobe Liquid a couple days ago and love to lightly mix it with my DDF moisturizer for a glow-y base!

I like Benefit High Beam but I feel like it's too glittery sometimes. Whenever I go to Sephora to ask them to help me for a replacement for it, they always show me these bronze-y highlighters that would be great for tan girls, but on me it would be a better contour color.. it's SO frustrating. And when I told the MA that I felt it was too dark, he tried to tell me that it wasn't.. I was like uhh, ok.

For under the brows I LOVE Sunday Best, but it's LE :[ and I am almost out..

Spatzchen

I'm in love with Smashbox Artifical Light in Diffuse
drools.gif
. It's silver and it gives that cold sheen that makes skin looking POP. It can be used alone as a concentrated highlighter on the cheekbones or mixed with a foundation. Anyways, it doesn't look too silver or artificially on skin, it just gives the porcelain glow
yes.gif

Dani California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spätzchen
I'm in love with Smashbox Artifical Light in Diffuse
drools.gif
. It's silver and it gives that cold sheen that makes skin looking POP. It can be used alone as a concentrated highlighter on the cheekbones or mixed with a foundation. Anyways, it doesn't look too silver or artificially on skin, it just gives the porcelain glow
yes.gif

Oooh I love Smashbox stuff, I love their softlights powders.
drools.gif

I so wanna try the artificial lights, just what colour to get. Diffuse sounds good!!
thmbup.gif

BarrelOfDonkeys

My favorite that I've tried is Wet n Wild MegaGlo Face Illuminator in Blushing. It's super cheap and really subtle. Probably not so great for oily skin since it's kinda thick, but works well on dry skin.

User49

I'm a NW or NC15 (even though these are slightly too dark on me)

I like to use belightfull powder, pink opal or fairy light pigments, the shimmer from the most recent msf's 'light natural with shimmer' to highlight.

aleksis210

I love Belightful! I tried Smashbox's Artificial light but found it waaay too glittery for daytime, but awesome for night!

Simply Elegant

I had this for awhile now and just started using it. The Body Shop's sun gel is amazing underneath foundation for a really nice glow. It's so pretty and when I apply more on my cheekbones underneath foundation and blush, it makes it look really creamy and not like a powder blush at all.

sn0wbunnie

I adore my NARS Copacabana for everyday highlighting on browbone and cheekbone, but I recently bought Benefit HiBeam and I think it's great for evening highlighting as it's a bit more... Shimmery. It gives a very radiant effect, whereas the NARS is a more neutral/less glimmery hint of highlight.

I would love to try some of the Smashbox products, I think they are next on the list!

Heiaken

I'm NC15 and for a more subtle daytime look I use the cream colour base in Hush and when going out I use Frost p/g for a more glamorous look.
Also the sparkly side on mineralize skinfinish duo gives a really pretty glow when aplied all over face.

gujifijian

I use Maybelline Dream Mousse bronzer( i can't remember the shade- but there's only 2 bronzers), on my cheeks then I slightly dust it with Clinique Shimmering Tones in Bare Bronze! it looks awesome!