Porcelain Beauties: Highlighters/ Products to give you that "GLOW"

kimberly

Your Ladyship - seriously the best eyebrow & cheek highlighter ever
smiles.gif

j_absinthe

^... With my experience, I wouldn't go that far. That pigment has always been too glittery for my liking.

HOWEVER, after trying to find something less glittery than NARS' Copacabana multiple, I started spraying my brush with Fix+ and sweep it over Lightscapade. It picks up the pigments beautifully adds a really pretty glow to the face.

Poison_Ivy

i use pretty indulgent shimmer powder by mac but other times i will use Up-lighting Liquid Illuminator from clinique in natural it is amazing

Moxy

I bought Revlon's Skinlights (in 01 Natural lights) about 10 days ago. I bought it because I always loved the look of Misschievous's glowy foundation. I'm a big copycat of her technique - I mix a squirt of skinlights and a drop of my liquid foundation and apply it all over my face. It looks so dewy/glowy that I've applied it every single day since I bought it. (And I did it even if i stayed at home all day, how pathetic is that.)
I'm glad I bought 4 bottles (they're huge though, will last me a long time) and this will be awesome for winter time! I just put some powder over the areas where it might be too shiny and I'm all done!
greengrin.gif
(well apart from eyes and lips and blusher heehee)

Heiaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly
Your Ladyship - seriously the best eyebrow & cheek highlighter ever
smiles.gif

I really like Your Ladyship as a cheek highlighter too. I like it more than Fairy Lite because on me Fairy Lite is a definite pink shade and Your Ladyship is more of a golden beige colour. When I want to tone YL a bit I just swipe a teeny tiny about of loose powder over it so it dulls the glitter a bit. But usually even for a day time look I don't mind the extra glitter
winks.gif

Kiss and Makeup

I also like to use Your Ladyship as a cheek highlighter. I like to dab Strobe light on the high points of my cheeks, put on foundation, and use the pigment. It looks natural and lasts.

I also love Petticoat, MSF. I bought this when it was out two years ago, and it's the only blush I've ever used until it was gone. I love this color! It gives my cheeks a nice dewey glow.

amyzon

I LOVE Benefit High Beam... It's very pink (not golden) so it's perfect for pale skin. It's also a pearl type product, not shimmer, so you're not going to have the appear of a disco ball, you look like you're glowing from the inside out. It's very versatile: you can mix it with liquid foundation to give your whole face a subtle glow, highlight cheekbones, forehead, tip of nose and cupid bow after applying foundation, it even works if you apply it on cheekbones before applying mineral foundation for a nice highlight. I've also used it to highlight my collarbones for a sexy shimmery look for going out. I'd highly recommend.
thmbup.gif

Oh, and I just got MSF in Petticoat, and it's GORGEOUS. Just enough shimmer/small particles of glitter to not be juvenile, and pink enough to flatter porcelain skin. Hooray for MSF!

Vanilla pigment is a staple for highlighting browbone and inner tearduct areas... I can't forget that!

Kiss and Makeup

Am I the only one who uses Strobe Cream as a highlighter? If anyone else uses it, how do you use it and do you like it? I put mine on my cheekbones, right under my eyes, and up toward my temples, under my foundation. The color peeks through and gives a hint of shimmr.

lilmags816

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachybloom

For under the brows I LOVE Sunday Best, but it's LE :[ and I am almost out..

I totally agree- Sunday Best is perfect for a highlighter...I try not to use mine all the time though because like you said it was LE
cry.gif

Inspire Me

Has anyone else tried Mac's MSF Soft & Gentle ? I bought it the other day and I don't think it's working for for me.
ssad.gif
No color shows up and it just makes me look glittery.

widdershins

I third the light sparkly side of the Mineralize Skinfinish Duo! I like it a lot better than the natural side...and you can totally tell if you look at my compact
tong.gif

Heiaken

My favourite highlighter have changed since my last post. I still really like YL p/g but my currect favourites are Vanilla p/g and Lightscapade MSF that I bought from a lovely lady in here. Lightscapade really is amazing, the texture is nothing like the other MSF's I own. It gives a smoot shine wihtout any glitter ot metallic shimmer. I think MAC really should bring this one back!

Repunzel

i love the shimmer from the most recent msf's 'medium natural with shimmer' as as cheekbone hightlight unfortunalty i've run out.i wish mac would make just the shimmer,half is not enough i'm really sad that its over.
ssad.gif
.maybe they could make it permanant but id only be buying it for the shimmer.

Kiss and Makeup

I've wanted to try Shimpagne for SO long! I just got my hands on Star, and I'm really impressed. It's nice and warm, without being overly bronzy or obvious. It gives my cheeks a nice glow. I think this is going to be my HG
greengrin.gif

rachybloom

Does anybody know if MAC is EVER going to bring back Lightscapade? I LOVE it and am almost out (and 45 bux on ebay is kind of ridiculous :/)

crystalclear

Too Faced Pink Leopard, as a couple of people have mentioned, is fantastic and makes pale skin glow without being too dark and giving a slightly 'dirty' (as in not washed, not the other kind) look. I would most likely cry if they stopped making this product

Fataliya

Right now I'm using Fyrinnae's Mineral Highlighter in Confidence. I love it, and have actually gotten compliments on the "glow" I seem to have.

j_absinthe

I swatched Soft & Gentle @ the PRO store a couple weeks ago and was really amazed at how pigmented it was without being glittery. It had a great level of shimmer and I think would add a nice golden-beige cast to warm up my pale people out there! I'm jonesing to get my hands on it myself!