Porcelain Beauties: New threads just for us!

AprilBomb

Hey everybody, I'm April, 27. I'm so glad to find so many fellow pale-skinned beauties! I was a MAC NC15, but it made me break out. Now I pretty much just conceal my circles and red spots and try to do without foundation. I've been reading that several of you have rosacea also. I've got it around my nose, which is a pain in the booty. (Oh well.) My Danish heritage has given me super-pale skin, green eyes, and blond hair. But, most of the time my skin is in great shape, (knock on wood) so I thank the beauty gods for that. I also have to slather on moisturizer and body lotion every day, since it seems like I can't produce any oils on my own. I too stay away from the sun, I'd like to age well and avoid cancer (But man do I envy people who can pile on the bronzer!)

eastsidesunset

Oh goodie! Fellow pale-y here. I'm not quite a NW/NC 15, but I currently wear BE in Fair, which I swear has magically become to dark for me. I was hoping someone might see this in the next couple of days, and I know that there are a million threads for this already, but I need some fellow pastebags opinions!

I'm dying for a concealor (multi-purpose eye and blemish) but I cannot find one light and yellowy enough for me! They exist right? My skin is so sensitive and prone to acne that I can't use the one I did find (Prescriptives- Flawless Concealor), and my skin is craving a good concealing for homecoming this weekend (damn fifth year of college taking a toll on my skin). Anything at Sephora worth a shot ladies?

asphyxiad0ll

d0lly here.. and I too am part of the Porcelain Princesses. I'm a poor college student, so I haven't been able to afford it to try out MAC foundation yet, but I'm a W2 in L'Oreal True Match. In the summer, if I'm lucky, I get to a W3. My legs pretty much refuse to tan, burn, or anything else, however.

I always have people matching their skin up to mine to make themselves feel more tan, and I've been teased for being pale in my earlier days, but.. blah on those people. We'll be the ones without skin cancer, right?
smiles.gif

Also, food for though: In the olden days, being tanned was a sign that you worked hard in the fields and were "lower class". The rich people sat around in their castles all day and never got sun on their skin, so pale skin was a sign of beauty and wealth. What's that say about us?
winks.gif

ViVaMac

Hello tout le monde,

I am between the NC20 (still too dark) and the NW15 in studio tech, natural blonde, natural blue eyes with rosy cheeks (ok ok natural redness) ^^

And i love MAC fondations because my shade is there ! (enfin)

I try the porcelaine MUFE but it's too dark for me. The other fondation in my shade exactly is the Urban Decay "illusion" (not the mineral, the other one). But i try the pure luxe mineral in futur.

It's Coco Chanel who make tan has a mode
winks.gif

GothicGirl

Hello to all! I´m Kari, a ghostly-white girl lost in the sunny tropical paradise of Brazil. I get my blond hair dyed black, and my eyes are grey. Ohhh yeah, I suffer a lot living here - I hate the sun, and the heat. My town is supposed to be one of the coldest in the country, but we still get absurd temperatures in the summer - try 40ºC...

I hate tanned skin, thus I wear sunblock everyday - plus, I have some skin disease, and can´t get a tan, even if I wanted to. And to make matters worse, the local makeup brands don´t see to the needs of the fair-skinned Brazilian women - noooo, sir.

NW15 in Studio Fix Compact and Studio Tech match my skintone just fine; as for the rest...I don´t even want to try that SFFluid, it looks so dark...Is it just me or MAC is "tanning" their face products?

And yes, in the middle of those "oh-so-sexy" tanned Brazilian girls in bikinis, toasting in the sands of our beaches, I just feel happier and happier to be so fair. WHITE IS BEAUTIFUL, BABY - WHOOOHOOO!

m4dswine

Hi peeps!!

I'm aka Nat, I'm an NC15 (just) in SFF, and a better NC15 in Studio Fix but it doesn't cover enough. I keep looking at my bottle of NC15 SFF and wondering if its too dark, but it seems ok when I check in natural light, so I guess thats the ultimate test eh!!

I'm not sure its not the powder thats the problem, so if I don't switch to MSF when the naturals are made perm, I will look at lighter powder.

I'm considering switching foundations again, cos my spots seem to have got worse since I started using SFF, so I'm going to look at Select SPF, and the Mineralise Satinfinish when it comes out.

redambition

m4dswine, i've found that the NC15 in select SPF is quite light as far as foundations go. i'm an NC15 in studio tech, and NC15 in select spf is a bit too pale for me if i wear it heavily.. i really have to blend blend blend and i can only use a tiny little bit.

L'Ida

I'm Ida, and I too lack pigmentation. Most Danes tan easily (and then they turn super pale during the winter). I'm a NW15 in the winter, blond hair, blue eyes and stupid visible veins at the jar
ssad.gif
I refuse to slather on foundation every day, though, I think it's bad for your skin. But I tan easily. In the summer I use Helena Rubinstein Magic Concealer in Medium, no need for cake concealer at that time of year.

I noticed (as many of you fellow melanin challenged) that it's hard to find a blush that isn't too harsh or too dark. I found out that MAC's Blushcreme is just perfect for me as it looks very natural and you have total control over the amount of colour applied.

MorningGlory

It is so nice to see that there are other melanin challenged individuals just like me.
I am so pale. Foundation is the most difficult thing for me to find, they are too dark and/or yellow. MAC NC15 is about 2 or 3 shades too dark for me!
Hopefully, one day there will be a line that will market for us as well.

m4dswine

I bought the Select SPF yesterday... much much better colour on me. And I switched to NC5 (!) in the loose powder and NC15 in the concealer. So much better. Much less yellow and more creamy coloured. I'm feeling good about my face this morning!!

ViVaMac

Yep, MAC 's foundations are not the shame color. A NC15 in studio tech is different to a NC15 in Hyperreal for exemple.

I love my concelear Logona or Dr.Hauschka, there are really fairest. For USA, try another organic brand because the european products are $$$ for you.

Becki

Another paley here!!! I am 10 watts in Stila. I have long blonde hair and blue eyes.

I used to be realled tanned but now that I work in an office 5 days a week I dont get out in the sun much!!!

Klava

Well, hello girlies! Mu hubby calls me Casper and also loves to compare his tan agains my pale skin. Just recently I've discovered MAC Studio Fix fluid in NC15 and it works great for me! I've noticed how many of you said that you have rosacea. What a pain in a butt, hey? I head my second interview with MAC past week and in the morning of it I woke up with my first ever big flare up of rosacea!!!
I was terrified, I didn't have a corrector. So I managed to cover it up with Studio Finish Concealer pretty good. But blush is always a challenge, because even after I put foundation on and then blot powder as soon as I put blush (with the lightest hand) my red rosacea blotchiness comes through...sigh
ssad.gif

But I can rock so many MU looks - I love it!

chillipea

Hello!
I too am melanin challenged. I'm a NW15 Australian with tons of freckles (which I still hate), dark auburn hair and green-grey eyes. It took until I was about 15 to really embrace the pale after seeing an older woman with skin that looked like brown leather.
As most Aussies prefer to be tanned, most cosmetic companies don't bother selling their paler colours here. I think MAC, Chanel and Givenchy are the only MU counters that don't try to 'give me some colour' by covering me in bronzer!

Fairyphoebe

I´m also melanin challenged *lol*
I ´m something in between NC 15 and NC20. When I had enough sleep, I can wear studio fix NC 20, but at the afternoon people call me a floater. But porcelain beauty is a lot better
smiles.gif

My hair is almost black and my eyes are dark brown.
I like the contrast and we don´t have to put much makeup on to be an eyecatcher
winks.gif

xheylushx

I'm Anna, in l'oreal true match I'm C1 in the winter, I actually tan like nobody's business but I choose not to, so with some careful use of sunscreen in the summer I can usually stay a C2. I have light blonde hair and blue/greyish-green eyes. I love being pale, I think it's classic, and beautiful. Needless to say I will not be tanning for prom this year like every other girl in my grade, even though my dress is deep red. I think it'll look pretty with pale skin.

sparkler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiHorror
...I used to try to use self-tanners in middle school, but would always turn out super orange and smelly, lol. I knew I couldn't go bake because I might end up with skin cancer! Finally my mom talked me into loving my alabaster skin. I wouldn't change it for the world
smiles.gif
I actually try to make myself more milky-white every chance I get! Milkbaths work wonders, and keeping out of the sun is imperative.

My favorite part of being pale? I love being able to rock insanely bright makeup colors!

what's a milkbath??
hmm.gif

MisStarrlight

Hi hi everyone...I don't know why it took me so long to see this thread. When I was in high school my friends began describing me as transparent.

I'm Autumn. I don't have a clue what my heritige is (a lot of adoption & illegitimate childern in my family's history), but from what I understand, it's pretty much everything "white"...German, Irish, Dutch, British, Welch, Dutch, French, etc, etc. (but everyone that meets me is convinced that I have some Black in me due to my bum & my eczema. The girls at my job have started calling me Jael.)

Red hair (currently dyed black), blue eyes.

My daily foundation is SFF NC15, but my ideal color is W10 (but it's full coverage, pro store only & I can never seem to catch it when they are in stock).

I <3 not being able to tan. I turn bright red & then the next day I'm back to being transparent.

The biggest perk of my skintone? Being able to rock bright red or deep purple lips nearly every day....that, and being told I look like Dita all the time (which I totally DON'T! hehehe).

Opheliac

Yay! Threads for the pale-skinned girls! :3

While I've never tried MAC (I kinda can't - there's no MAC shops or counters at all in my entire province, and I don't have a credit card to order from the site. xP), I'm a C1 in L'Oreal's True Match, with rosy cheeks (and arms). Trying to find a foundation match for my skin has been horrible, and it's only been in the two years or so that I've found stuff that does match (I was downright shocked when I discovered that Maybelline's Pure. line has a light enough shade for me - even though on some days it looks too dark. :/). I'm lucky in the fact that I don't tan at all, and I tend to just get a bit flushed in the face when I go outside, so I don't need to get another foundation for summer. I'm blue-grey eyed, with blackbrown hair (it's dyed - my natural colour is a few shades lighter).

If I wasn't so scared about how overly dramatic it would look on me, I would attempt the bright red lips look - but I can never find a red I like.
ssad.gif

Dark_Phoenix

Zomg!!!

Clinique has a new collection for spring/summer called
White In Bloom

Looks like something that's especially for the melanin challenged ^.^
Thought I'd give a head's up to you guys. I can't order any for awhile (I hit my card limit) but I SO will when I can. Especially the Shimmering Whites powder. K, thanks.