Release dates for the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anitacska

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndSparkle
Is it? To me it seemed like the shimmer would make it more obvious?

It's a lot less shimmery on your face, it swatched a lot like Pleasureplush MSF on my hand, but the shimmer doesn't show on my face and it didn't make my pores look bigger either. It gets the
thmbup.gif
from me!

dirtyprincess

Another thumbs up for the powder !
Im writing a letter tomorrow as the managers werent in today !!! Surprise surprise. Thanks for all of the support guys, i really appreciate it x

ilexica

Quote:

I went to another open day today, and I went again to the MAC store and counter in the Bull Ring. For those who go to the Brum store and counter, Innocence, Beware! was the only thing sold out at BOTH.

Where are you applying? I did my first degree at Birmingham
greengrin.gif

I've tried my goodies and really like all of them except for dark deed. so I think I'll MUA that. Should have got toxic tale instead - oops!

spunky

Quote:
My Dad and I sell *some* stuff on eBay (normally for Germany/Italy etc) but we literally sell it at the same price we get it for and then put it as best offer - it's amazing what people actually offer you! We refunded someone yesterday who gave us £10 to ship to Italy! It only costs 2p more then the UK!

that's fair enough, but people who buy half a dozen of the sought after items JUST to put on ebay for jacked up prices... oooh they get my blood boiling!

Anitacska

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
that's fair enough, but people who buy half a dozen of the sought after items JUST to put on ebay for jacked up prices... oooh they get my blood boiling!

I agree! The amount of Stereo Roses and Naked Palettes on eBay is absolutely unbelievable!
angry.gif
Now I admit I did pick up a couple of SR when I went to the Guildford counter a week after the launch and they still had a few left and have now swapped for both of them: got an old Mac holiday palette (Delights Trend) and Volcanic Ash Exfoliator and Thermal Mask, so both times above retail price, but not hugely. Btw, Stereo Roses aren't selling that well on eBay, the most I've seen lately was £28 with shipping, so if you deduct the eBay and Paypal fees, those sellers can just about break even on them. Hardly worth the effort imo.

AndSparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska
It's a lot less shimmery on your face, it swatched a lot like Pleasureplush MSF on my hand, but the shimmer doesn't show on my face and it didn't make my pores look bigger either. It gets the
thmbup.gif
from me!

Hmmm, maybe I should go back and try it on my face....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyprincess
Another thumbs up for the powder !
Im writing a letter tomorrow as the managers werent in today !!! Surprise surprise. Thanks for all of the support guys, i really appreciate it x

Hope you get a decent response!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilexica
Where are you applying? I did my first degree at Birmingham
greengrin.gif

I've tried my goodies and really like all of them except for dark deed. so I think I'll MUA that. Should have got toxic tale instead - oops!

I'm applying for Birmingham City University, for the Marketing, Advertising and Public Relations course
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
i dont know where i read that, hmm, maybe im going mad!

I hope you're not! I'd like something that actually does what it's meant to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky

That DOES annoy me. At the most, we buy 2 of an item - and they are all my maybes that I wanted to see in flesh first. That or we have people message us for certain products, and we just get them for them. WeWe have quite a good reputation for secure packing etc, and we don't charge everyone £10 just to post something that normally costs £2 max!

Quote:
I agree! The amount of Stereo Roses and Naked Palettes on eBay is absolutely unbelievable!
angry.gif
Now I admit I did pick up a couple of SR when I went to the Guildford counter a week after the launch and they still had a few left and have now swapped for both of them: got an old Mac holiday palette (Delights Trend) and Volcanic Ash Exfoliator and Thermal Mask, so both times above retail price, but not hugely. Btw, Stereo Roses aren't selling that well on eBay, the most I've seen lately was £28 with shipping, so if you deduct the eBay and Paypal fees, those sellers can just about break even on them. Hardly worth the effort imo.

I think tbh, swapping is a lot better then selling - you actually get other things you want, for around the same value. I have to admit, the amount of SR's on evilBay is pretty amazing - I think people are kinda catching on to what a con it is.. and I guess if there are a lot of fakes.. i's not worth it?

AndSparkle

I've just checked my online MAC account, and I'm going to add up how much I've spent online in nearly two years..

I've just got to the first order, and one the items was Sugerrimmed Dazzleglass.. and it was £12.72!!! It's now, what, £14.50? That's ridiculous!
ssad.gif

ETA: The end result was £1,777.42 not including what I've brought in store, or other brands.. I've had 22 orders online, and my first order was 22 months ago.. so one a month, with an average of £80.88! Eek!

Anitacska

Quote:
I've just checked my online MAC account, and I'm going to add up how much I've spent online in nearly two years..

I've just got to the first order, and one the items was Sugerrimmed Dazzleglass.. and it was £12.72!!! It's now, what, £14.50? That's ridiculous!
ssad.gif

ETA: The end result was £1,777.42 not including what I've brought in store, or other brands.. I've had 22 orders online, and my first order was 22 months ago.. so one a month, with an average of £80.88! Eek!

Wow, that's something!
lol.gif
I'm too afraid to add up, some of my orders (like In The Groove) were massive and I usually pick up stuff in store afterwards too. Also I spend loads on eBay and in Boots and Debenhams too. What can I say, I love buying make up! In my defence I wear make up every day (usually full face).
smiles.gif

Actually that reminds me, I'm wearing Truth & Light as an all over powder today and it's not at all shiny or shimmery and it doesn't accentuate my pores at all.
thmbup.gif
Now I'm thinking I might need a back up - please talk me out of it!
lol.gif

LMD84

i tried the truth and light powder all over my face the other night (i was messing around before bed) and i swear i just felt too simmery... i guess i am all about having a matte face rather than a glowy one perhaps.

sonia84

Quote:

ssad.gif

shockt.gif
shockt.gif
shockt.gif
cry.gif

I'm not going to attempt mine, i would cry

Anitacska

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i tried the truth and light powder all over my face the other night (i was messing around before bed) and i swear i just felt too simmery... i guess i am all about having a matte face rather than a glowy one perhaps.

I guess if you want a matte face then it won't work as an all over powder, but if you want a bit of a glow then it will. It actually reminds me of Guerlain Meteorites (which I love). Also, it's done a good job of keeping my face shine free (so while it's not entirely matte, it's not shiny and it would be by now without some sort of a face powder).

AndSparkle

Quote:
Wow, that's something!
lol.gif
I'm too afraid to add up, some of my orders (like In The Groove) were massive and I usually pick up stuff in store afterwards too. Also I spend loads on eBay and in Boots and Debenhams too. What can I say, I love buying make up! In my defence I wear make up every day (usually full face).
smiles.gif

Actually that reminds me, I'm wearing Truth & Light as an all over powder today and it's not at all shiny or shimmery and it doesn't accentuate my pores at all.
thmbup.gif
Now I'm thinking I might need a back up - please talk me out of it!
lol.gif

Tell me about it! What scares me most is that it's only online stuff, and if it was including store, it would definitely be nearer double.. also, the knowledge that if I had more money, that figure would be a lot, lot more!
lol.gif

Oooh... don't tempt me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84

:s I prefer matte faces too.. I find that I just look sweating if it's glowy. That's why I hated strobe cream so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonia84
shockt.gif
shockt.gif
shockt.gif
cry.gif

I'm not going to attempt mine, i would cry

Hahaha! I actually felt relieved! I thought it was much higher.. but then again, that is only mac...

Quote:
I guess if you want a matte face then it won't work as an all over powder, but if you want a bit of a glow then it will. It actually reminds me of Guerlain Meteorites (which I love). Also, it's done a good job of keeping my face shine free (so while it's not entirely matte, it's not shiny and it would be by now without some sort of a face powder).

I always turns oily during the day, and yet I have reallllllly dry, flaky skin. Anything that helps keep oil at bay, but doesn't highlight any dryness is always a good thing in my eyes..

pippa!

sorry if this is totally the wrong place for this guys or if it's not allowed, i have no idea where it should go! if anyone's at their counter soon and they've got the vv postcards lying about, would someone possibly pick up the evil queen, maleficient and dr facilier for me? i'd pay postage etc
smiles.gif
i likely won't be able to get to a counter for another 2 weeks and i really want to collect them all
smiles.gif

pippa!

Quote:
I've got a few of each of them, I'll save one of those for you if I can find where I put them!

that would be amazing, thank you! <3 let me know if you do and i'll paypal you some monies for postage & stuff
greengrin.gif

i really want to put them up on my wall i think, i've fallen HARD for the vv collection! my total spend on it is approaching £200, oh dear!

LouLou69

Hey ladies I just thought I'd update you I managed to get some internet access on my hols all be it at €6 an hour (faints) and I managed to get all my bits ordered last Monday including about 4 things I wasn't planning on buying eek Not only that but Larnaca airport now has a MAC counter so I was able to have a play in the flesh and I bought more things eek Hope you all managed to get what you wanted xx

Anitacska

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouLou69
Hey ladies I just thought I'd update you I managed to get some internet access on my hols all be it at €6 an hour (faints) and I managed to get all my bits ordered last Monday including about 4 things I wasn't planning on buying eek Not only that but Larnaca airport now has a MAC counter so I was able to have a play in the flesh and I bought more things eek Hope you all managed to get what you wanted xx

Ouch! I hate those pay as you go internet access places!
thmbdn.gif
But glad to hear you got everything you wanted. I usually end up buying extra items when I check things out in person.
yes.gif
Hope you had a nice holiday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts