Release dates for the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anitacska

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
no, i'm hoping a few will be instock at my counter next month when i get tartan tale goodies
smiles.gif
if not, im not heart broken, i only wanted earthly harmony (is that the right name?) and imperial flower, but i already have a tonne of coral polishes

Do we know when Tartan Tale is coming out? Is it the first Thursday as usual or are holiday collections different?

theend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndSparkle
Wow thats quite a few more then I was expecting.. were you waiting too?
smiles.gif

Yes. lol. Got to town at 9.30am and then walked around. Hee.

ilexica

I've been waiting in all day for my black box on named day delivery...no sign! Very annoyed because I've got to go out for a gig in a moment. This is the first time I've ordered from mac online, I think next time I'll go to the counter
lol.gif

AndSparkle

Wow, that's weird for next day delivery to not show up.. have you looked at the tracking? What gig you going to?

ilexica

Quote:
Wow, that's weird for next day delivery to not show up.. have you looked at the tracking? What gig you going to?

'twas named day for today, tracking's been saying 'out for delivery' since I got the email this morning. Grrr! We're going to see Hurts...hopefully it'll be fun.

AndSparkle

That's quite weird
ssad.gif
If it doesn't come today, I'd ring up MAC and tell them, and ask for a refund on the shipping!

sonia84

My counter had people! I always try to get there around opening and i'm the only one there, today 4 or 5 people were there before me and they were ordering the items from the draw as soon as they were swatching. I saw one lady 60+ swatching and ordering things. Disney brought out the collector today. I picked up all 4 of the cards too. Today was a good day.

I hope the MA's are informed better this year about TT. Last year when i asked about MMM, they said the mini collections came out in dec and when i went to pick my things up on the date they gave, they told me they had info to release the whole collection two days after i asked. I was gutted as i'd really wanted the nude lipgloss set and it was sold out.

dirtyprincess

I went to my counter and was so annoyed to see that a S/A from a different counter was literally going through the draws and taking half of the stock of everything, then dumping it into a huge bag. She was laughing about it and saying to me that she had to get everything in the bag before the hoards got to it !!!! I was so shocked that i didnt wait for a MAC lady, i saw that there was one innocence beware left and just took it !!! She then said "Oh i wanted that".........i just walked off ! Now i know why all of the Marine lifes were gone by 9.15 when the store only opened at 9 !
I know we all love our MAC but surely thats not right ?

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
ARGH! i'm so annoyed, i forgot to try out the cooling powder,i wanted to feel that weird cooling effect!!

go back to play with it! it's so awesome! i kept applying it on my hand last night because i love how it feels! hee hee!

spunky

i've changed my mind, i only want BOA blush now. maybe heartless lippy too.
i'm seriously disappointed in this collection, there was so much scope to do more and i feel like they fell short. i feel it's more hype than actual product too, bleh!
rant.gif

hope everyone else is enjoying their goodies! i'm picking mine up at 10am
smiles.gif

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyprincess
I went to my counter and was so annoyed to see that a S/A from a different counter was literally going through the draws and taking half of the stock of everything, then dumping it into a huge bag. She was laughing about it and saying to me that she had to get everything in the bag before the hoards got to it !!!! I was so shocked that i didnt wait for a MAC lady, i saw that there was one innocence beware left and just took it !!! She then said "Oh i wanted that".........i just walked off ! Now i know why all of the Marine lifes were gone by 9.15 when the store only opened at 9 !
I know we all love our MAC but surely thats not right ?

i called harvey nick's yesterday to see if they'd put BOA aside for me and i was told that the staff aren't even allowed to put stuff aside. i'd DEFINITELY complain about this SA to her manager, the store manager and the company she works for
girl_devil.gif

Anitacska

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
i called harvey nick's yesterday to see if they'd put BOA aside for me and i was told that the staff aren't even allowed to put stuff aside. i'd DEFINITELY complain about this SA to her manager, the store manager and the company she works for
girl_devil.gif

iagree.gif
Compain about her!
angry.gif
That is just really unacceptable!
girl_devil.gif

dirtyprincess

Im going to dont worry ! It really sucks and to top it off the staff at that counter bar maybe 4 people are horrible and rude !!!

Anitacska

Quote:
Im going to dont worry ! It really sucks and to top it off the staff at that counter bar maybe 4 people are horrible and rude !!!

thmbup.gif
Good for you! Power to the customers!
punk_.gif

spunky

Quote:

good! i hope you read them the riot act! also - do it in writing so you HAVE to get a response from the manager/company
yes.gif

that is shocking behaviour. considering they only get in say 20 of each item [and even less of hyped ones] that should have been stopped straight away. i can understand putting one of what you want aside if you work there, but that many? and from another counter? she's not 'staff' as such and should be treated like a customer. she's also obviously one of those ebayers that we all want to form a lynch mob for
getyou.gif

NatalieMT

I picked up my few little pieces on Thursday morning before work, counter was very quiet and there still seemed to be good stock levels.

I just got Oh So Fair BP and Innocence, Beware. I'm trying to cut down on my MAC spending a bit because I just have a ridiculous amount of stuff. Really like what I did get though - such pretty colours!

pippa!

hey guys, just to let you know i was at selfridges on oxford st today and they had tons of EVERYTHING, including all the nps - so if anyone's local counters are sold out of something, maybe give them a call?
smiles.gif

AndSparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
she's also obviously one of those ebayers that we all want to form a lynch mob for
getyou.gif

My Dad and I sell *some* stuff on eBay (normally for Germany/Italy etc) but we literally sell it at the same price we get it for and then put it as best offer - it's amazing what people actually offer you! We refunded someone yesterday who gave us £10 to ship to Italy! It only costs 2p more then the UK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pippa!
hey guys, just to let you know i was at selfridges on oxford st today and they had tons of EVERYTHING, including all the nps - so if anyone's local counters are sold out of something, maybe give them a call?
smiles.gif

Glad you got everything you wanted!

I went to another open day today, and I went again to the MAC store and counter in the Bull Ring. For those who go to the Brum store and counter, Innocence, Beware! was the only thing sold out at BOTH. I got a chance to really play with the products, and try the cooling powder! I was actually really, really impressed with how it felt, and I'm now considering getting it.. my only problem is it looks like it could really make pores stand out, which isn't what I want
ssad.gif
I'll mull over it for a few days I think. I got Hot House though, which I didn't expect! I'm gonna try it over Toxic Tale like some people have suggested.. and then Violetta!
greengrin.gif
Also, the MUA was really reallllllyyy nice and helpful - I think her name was Victoria? We stood there talking about make up and I asked when TT would be released - she said she didn't know dates, but it would be first THursday of November, and that she hadn't been to update yet - although I don't know whether that's true as they're not able to tell anything anymore are they? I mentioned that apparently they're stopping everything being leaked out, and she didn't seem to know anything about it.. very weird..

banana1234

Quote:
My Dad and I sell *some* stuff on eBay (normally for Germany/Italy etc) but we literally sell it at the same price we get it for and then put it as best offer - it's amazing what people actually offer you! We refunded someone yesterday who gave us £10 to ship to Italy! It only costs 2p more then the UK!

Glad you got everything you wanted!

I went to another open day today, and I went again to the MAC store and counter in the Bull Ring. For those who go to the Brum store and counter, Innocence, Beware! was the only thing sold out at BOTH. I got a chance to really play with the products, and try the cooling powder! I was actually really, really impressed with how it felt, and I'm now considering getting it.. my only problem is it looks like it could really make pores stand out, which isn't what I want
ssad.gif
I'll mull over it for a few days I think. I got Hot House though, which I didn't expect! I'm gonna try it over Toxic Tale like some people have suggested.. and then Violetta!
greengrin.gif
Also, the MUA was really reallllllyyy nice and helpful - I think her name was Victoria? We stood there talking about make up and I asked when TT would be released - she said she didn't know dates, but it would be first THursday of November, and that she hadn't been to update yet - although I don't know whether that's true as they're not able to tell anything anymore are they? I mentioned that apparently they're stopping everything being leaked out, and she didn't seem to know anything about it.. very weird..

i thought the powder was meant to minimise pores?
th_confused_new.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts