Not open for further replies.

Anitacska

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndSparkle
That sucks.. but hey, 2 hours to look at MAC without any kids will be good
smiles.gif
Unless they play with the makeup too?
lol.gif

They definitely don't get to play with my make up!
nonono.gif

It's 2 hours to drive there, park the car, look around, go back to the car park, drive home, go to the school. Not planning on spending the whole time at the Mac counter, want to go to a few other shops. Always rushing around - sigh.

AndSparkle

Hahaha no wonder! I don't even let my Mum touch my make up!

Ahh, if only I could multitask like a mother.. it's a definite skill
smiles.gif

pippa!

eeee i love everything
greengrin.gif

my dark magic is SO pretty, i've just been staring at it with happiness! it's convinced me i don't need she who dares, either (even though i love both the blue and green and would prob find them more wearable). it's just so perfect and pretty!

osf - i've only tried this out on my hand so far, but it's lighter than i expected. it'll definitely be pretty for an everyday look, so i'm happy. it's also not like anything i own - much lighter than all my other blushes.

tbh briar rose looks a close cousin of dame, but i'm a dame lover and it's JUST different enough that i love it. it's two variations on my same beloved theme!

bite of an apple - gosh this was scary at first. it really is bright! sheered out i think i love it; it's definitely not like anything else in my collection and i'm pretty sure i can pull it off. it's also pulled quite coral on me so far.

devilishly stylish - i LOVE this! i knew i would because nude glosses are my favourite. works really, really well over innocence, beware!

strange potion - i love this and wish i had more of it, i can see this being used up really quickly... completely agree with andsparkle on this, i get the same like-my-lips-but-better look!

aaaaand i thought i'd missed out on this - i ummed and ahhed over it, thought i had removed it from my basket and hadn't ordered it, went to place an order later on and it was sold out. well, innocence, beware! turned up in my black box today - it turns out i actually DID order it!! which is a really happy coincidence as i tried it on and i LOVE it. it's the actual perfect nude colour for my skin tone - the only one i've managed to pull off so far. love love love. as before, it looks amazing with devilishly stylish. <3

i haven't tried out the nps yet (i got bad fairy & mean & green) as i'm loathe to take off my current np (chanel paradoxal) but gosh, they look lovely in the bottle. i now want formidable to complete the set
lol.gif

and i thiiiink i'm going to go to the counter tomorrow and pick up dark deed and heartless - dark deed seems like the berry colour i've been dreaming of, and heartless is too good a red to pass up, so i need to try them both out. i might try and get formidable too, and although i initially said i wouldn't back IB up i'm totally tempted!

dirtyprincess

I got in the end....i ordered 3 times !!! I kept going back for more !
Bite of an apple blush (brilliant)
Toxic tale which i adore ! I was initially unsure about this as i wasnt too sure about what type of coral it would be but as its more a red coral its perfect for autumn !
She who dares- i missed out on the blue from the style black collection and what can i say ? I adore this eyeshadow x
Bad fairy n/p - looks simply stunning in the bottle and even if i do find it a bit thin i wont mind as i find painting my nails really therapeutic.
Then i went back and ordered mean and green n/p after seeing a swatch on someones blog and my goodness, im glad i did !!! Its on my nails and im seriously considering a backup !
Then after watching some youtube videos i did the one thing that i said i wouldnt do !!................................................ ................................
I bought Truth and light and its AMAZING !!!!!
Im so bad !!! now i want more !!!! i actually love the packaging, all of it and not just the boxes. I am one HAPPY bunny x

LMD84

i got my goodies!!! yay! i just can't swatch anything yet!
tong.gif
but all the packaging is so nice! i love the boxes!

dirtyprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i got my goodies!!! yay! i just can't swatch anything yet!
tong.gif
but all the packaging is so nice! i love the boxes!

What did you get ? x

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyprincess
What did you get ? x

i got-

heartless ls
she who dares mes
hot house gloss
resort life gelee
truth and light cooling powder
briar rose powder
boa blush
formidable polish
ming blue polish from the trend collection

smiles.gif
but i'm not sure what nick is going to let me have now! i really want the cooling powder though because it looks so cool!

Anitacska

Looks like people are going back for more and more!
lol.gif
I did as well. I had a few maybes on my list: Devilishly Stylish, Truth & Light, Revenge Is Sweet amd Toxic Tale and guess what? I bought them all!
yes.gif
The only thing I also wanted to check out but didn't like in the end was Oh So Fair. Although I'll probably get the face kit with Rose bp in it as I want the other two blushes, but OSF is just too pale and doesn't do it for me. Love the magic cooling powder though, it's amazing how it feels wet when you apply it. If only it didn't have Dr Facilier's ugly mug on the lid, it would be even better.
lol.gif

There was a major emergency at the counter because the tills weren't working, so I couldn't pay straight away, but they were holding everyone's stuff until it was fixed and luckily I could go back and pay before I had to come home. Phew!

How did everyone find the counters? Busy? Mine wasn't heaving, but there were people constantly coming in to look at the collection. There was a lady who wanted stuff put aside because she only gets paid tomorrow, but they wouldn't let her (she works in the same shopping center as well!). I felt really sorry for her, hope she doesn't miss out on anything.
ssad.gif

theend

The Nottingham store had 5 people waiting outside just before the store opened. And then lots more came in. I got everything I wanted though yay!

D

Deleted member 49521

Hi everyone! Long time no post! I went to the Nottingham store at about half 12 and I was one of 2 customers in there then, but some items had already sold out!

I only got formidable! and mean & green, can't remember which one she said it was, but I got the last one of one of them, so sorry for anyone who wanted it after me! They also had stacks of postcards, so I got one of each
tong.gif

banana1234

oh no, i'm suffering serious mac burn out

i went and got heartless, toxic tale, bad fairy and formidable and blue brown pigment.. i love toxic tale, i put it on at the store, and the MA was saying it looked lovely on me, i was so flattered

i was chatting to her about tartan tale and she offered my temp christmas work, i was so excited, but i cant leave my job for temp work, i was so sad, if this had been last year when i had no work, i would have been all over it

i spent way too much money, house of fraser was having a 20% off day and dorothy perkins were having 20% off too, so i may have spent the better part of about 400 quid this week, between mac, some boots i ordered off the net and the shopping spree today, eugh, i hate it when u know you've spent too much but you have lots of things you love.
and i bought an iphone last month

i havent spent so much i'm going to be eating supernoodles til the end of the month, but i will have to watch my spending now, i hate having that feeling

the MA was complaining that they only got like 6 of each nail varnish in

D

Deleted member 49521

Honestly, I didn't look too hard because I didn't want to be tempted to buy anything else. The only thing I remember was Bad Fairy, but the staff were discussing what to do with other sold out items as well.

Anitacska

I completely forgot to look at the Nail Trend polishes I was so excited to look at VV and then nervous I might not be able to pay for them. Never mind, I don't need any more nail polishes, I've just got 4 Orly Cosmic FX ones and Bad Fairy anyway...

banana1234

no, i'm hoping a few will be instock at my counter next month when i get tartan tale goodies
smiles.gif
if not, im not heart broken, i only wanted earthly harmony (is that the right name?) and imperial flower, but i already have a tonne of coral polishes

Kirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndSparkle

Toxic Tale:
A lot more red-coral then I expected, and this was SUPER pigmented, I actually thought it was an amplified finish, but no - a satin!? I loved this colour - while my mouth was closed.

I totally agree, it looked flat out red when I opened the lid. When i put it on, it was a bit more coral, but the OH still said "i know what coral is, but thats fire engine red" :l I like it though.

I just tried the Magically Cool powder & I love it. The cooling effect is really actually more of a wet sensation & weird. When swatched on my hand there was a peachy gold sheen to it. On my face it's not overly noticeable. I can see it more on my nose than anywhere else. It works great as a finishing powder & gives a glowy look. I noticed that when i put too much on my brush, my foundation on my cheek "erased" if that makes sense.

I forgot to buy the Nail Trend polish too. I wanted Jade Dragon, but now i'd rather get China Glaze emerald sparkle, instead. In time for christmas!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts