Release dates for the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatalieMT

I had added like £105 of product to bag, I only ended up checking out with approximately £45. I just didn't want to spend a hideous amount of money on makeup yet again. There comes a point when you already own several grands worth of MAC that buying more seems ridiculous. I could have gone crazy but being restrained seems worth it recently.

I just got a couple of the To The Beach l/s and the highlight powder. Although still gutted the gold is just an overspray. Anything else I reckon would just sit in my drawer untouched. Like Coral Crepe is beautiful but I don't think I'd ever really use it. I already have the lustre drops, which admittedly are great.

I was a 50/50 over the Life's A Breeze pencil but then I thought I already have multiple pink lip pencils and at the end of the day it's only makeup, I'll get over not having one more shade!
lol.gif

Princesa Livia

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieMT
I had added like £105 of product to bag, I only ended up checking out with approximately £45. I just didn't want to spend a hideous amount of money on makeup yet again. There comes a point when you already own several grands worth of MAC that buying more seems ridiculous. I could have gone crazy but being restrained seems worth it recently.

I just got a couple of the To The Beach l/s and the highlight powder. Although still gutted the gold is just an overspray. Anything else I reckon would just sit in my drawer untouched. Like Coral Crepe is beautiful but I don't think I'd ever really use it. I already have the lustre drops, which admittedly are great.

I was a 50/50 over the Life's A Breeze pencil but then I thought I already have multiple pink lip pencils and at the end of the day it's only makeup, I'll get over not having one more shade!
lol.gif

THank you for this. It really helps. I admire your control in spending less than half of what you initially wanted!
thmbup.gif

I think rather than enabling ourselves, it would be nice to support each other lessen our MAC addiction once in a while. It benefits both our wallets and our sanity! Although what I speak of seems like blasphemy as this is specktra - a MAC loving community lol.
greengrin.gif

Are you skipping pret a papier then?
smiles.gif

And btw, which items did you get?
greengrin.gif

banana1234

i skipped pret other than the paint pot, and so far i only got 2 e/s and a blush from to the beach, if i see the rest of to the beach and they arent wows for me, i will skip those

I like the way MAC have change their website especially if you look at collections part, they are now showing each items in compartment boxes they have all the eye products under the eye products compartment, the lip products are together, face, skincare, nails etc.

I will make it a little easier for me to find what I am looking for now. Cause the way they had it before I would have to take a double look b4 I put items in my basket. I hope I am making sense lol.

kelly2509t

I'm stuck on what to order! I had a list and now I'm not too sure
ssad.gif
I like the look of lazy day lippie but it may be too pink for me. And I can't decide on Instant Chic blush, I think my cheeks maybe too red for it to show up
ssad.gif

angi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princesa Livia
THank you for this. It really helps. I admire your control in spending less than half of what you initially wanted!
thmbup.gif

I think rather than enabling ourselves, it would be nice to support each other lessen our MAC addiction once in a while. It benefits both our wallets and our sanity! Although what I speak of seems like blasphemy as this is specktra - a MAC loving community lol.
greengrin.gif

Are you skipping pret a papier then?
smiles.gif

And btw, which items did you get?
greengrin.gif

I completely agree - I still buy MAC pretty much every month but I'm working on getting over my obsession (doesn't always work, I still convince myself to buy stuff that I already have dupes for - but I'm trying!) I'll never get over the heady days of spending like £150 a month on make up, most of which I never even touch.

I'm glad that PAP was mainly coral - because coral looks AWFUL on me.

I got -

PAP - Gazette grey (gotta love some grey), and the NW20 chromagraphic pencil

Prep for colour - Hey e/s. I already have naked lunch which is apparently a dupe for this - but it will make such a beautiful wash colour. Also, I swatched it in store a month ago, and I still wanted it - so I figured I would get it.

TTB - Splashing lg, sweet and punchy e/s (I already have Rated R AND two pans of Sharp - Arrgh - I just wear myself down until I buy dupes), and the 130 brush because I passed on it earlier in the year (although saying that, I brought the 131 last year and it's STILL in its wrapper.)

I talked myself out of - Lazy Day lipstick - because 1) I don't even wear lipstick that much - MAC lipsticks dry my lips out and 2) Its a blue based mid tone pink - I've lost COUNT of how many blue based mid tone pinks I have, and given that my lips are a deep berry shade (pretty much the same tone as sweet strawberry from HK) it's unlikely that it would even show up, and I like lipsticks to work with my natural lip colour, I don't want to have to hide it.

I also talked myself out Rosemary and Thyme e/k. Mainly because I just don't know when I would use it and because I have mint and olive from Balloonacy (I know, nothing like it) and Mystery - but NEITHER of which have ever been used. Why buy ANOTHER green e/k to sit in my drawer?

There de-enabling done. If anyone else wants to share the ways they talk themselves out of stuff - It'd be great to get some more tips!

DollyGirl92

I only turned 18 last month and I've not registered my card online yet so I use my mothers and pay her in cash at home so every time I go to buy something I get a little bit of judging and a bit of "do you really need MORE?" and as much as I used to say yeah, I so do now I'm starting to struggle.

So yesterday my basket started out with Lazy Day l/s, Life's A Breeze, Gazette Grey e/s, Memorabilia e/s, Humid e/s, Splashing l/g, Easy Lover l/g, Pink Rebel Luster Drops, Cut To Fit e/s, Tissueweight e/s, Weekend Cream Bronzer and the 130 brush since I talked myself out of the 131.

and In the end, I bought the 130 and The Cromagraphic Pencil In nc15/nw20...here's all my reasoning (Free Shipping Code SURVEY7 btw)

Lazy Day Lipstick - Online swatches and descriptions aren't always the best and by the one swatch I've seen I think it's can be duped also colours like this one don't tend to sell out (counters round me anyway) so if I decide later to get it I probably can.

Life's A Breeze Lipliner - Probably can be duped in colour and I don't think it's going to be a prime candidate for selling out

Gazette Grey - apparently it's sheer and not really that good but if I were to decide to get it I always can later once I swatch in person.

Memorabilia - I have a million purple eyeshadows and I bet there are similar shadows in the line or one could be blended or applied differently to make it look so.

Humid - This is perm, I can buy it at any time, I only wanted the packaging since I perfer singles!

Splashing and Easy Lounger - Midtone blue pink and light blue pink...standard everywhere and I don't love MAC'S lipglasses as they are soo sticky.

Pink Rebel Luster Drops - What do I do with these?

Cut To Fit - I don't think it's anything special but pretty so much more of a would be nice to have than a need

Tissueweight - I think it's basic also, probably wouldnt have wanted it if it werent for the fact it's LE

Cream Bronzer - I don't know if I'd like it or if it would go on my skintone, and since its a new products I think I need to see it for myself.

131 - What's it for? I mean, seems a bit much for a powder brush but I think I'm falling a bit "OMG IT'S MAC THOUGH!!!!!" about it...

so yes, they are my De-Enabling 'tips'

banana1234

oh
ssad.gif
mac just rung me to say although i paid for named day delivery it wont be coming tomorrow..

i will have to wait til friday

that sucks
ssad.gif
i was looking forward to my box tomorrow

still, its better than nothing!

DollyGirl92

They've not contacted me but I didn't order anything other than the brush and pencil so maybe it's okay! a friend of mine's order isn't being delivered till Saturday and she ordered tomorrow!
and I say 131 since you can get the 188 anytime, and if you don't like the 131 you could sell or swap it for something (maybe the 188) where as the 188 you can get 188 in theory, whenever you want

nazia

Came across something that really annoyed/upset me last night.

I was being a good girl and tidying up the junkyard (aka my bedroom) and came across a receipt from 2008. I'd bought two pigments for the grand total of £22 back then!

So in the space of 2 years, the pigments have become way smaller and FOUR pounds more expensive! Ugh, I don't know why that's pissed me off so much, but it really has!

I spend way way way too much money at MAC as it is, but when I realise stuff like this it really makes me resent being such a loyal customer!

Sorry for the random rant guys, just thought some of you may share my pain, lol!

I think seeing that receipt really helped me out - it stopped me from really wanting anything from the current collections. Yay!

Soul Unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyGirl92
What's on your list love?

Lipglasses:

Easy Lounger
Flurry Of Fun

***However I am now tempted to get 'Splashing' too!***

Eyeshadows:

Sweet & Punchy is a definate BUT....

I am now debating over getting both
*Firecracker
*Shimmermoss [debatable since its a perm]

I am also torn between the cream bronzer and powder bronzer as I don't usually wear one [for ref i'm a nc50] so not sure of which will suit me.

Oooh and I also like the look of both Kohl pencils!

Do I order online or just wait till tomorrow and head down to the Pro Store in London to see everything in person!
th_dunno.gif

Anitacska

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyGirl92
I only turned 18 last month and I've not registered my card online yet so I use my mothers and pay her in cash at home so every time I go to buy something I get a little bit of judging and a bit of "do you really need MORE?" and as much as I used to say yeah, I so do now I'm starting to struggle.

If I had to answer to my Mum, I would hardly buy any make up as she would constantly ask me why I need more (she never wore any make up in her life!).
shockt.gif
Luckily for me my husband doesn't check our credit card statements and bank account, so has no idea how much I spend on make up every month!
blush-anim-cl.gif
In my defence, I don't spend much on clothes, shoes, bags, etc., only have a haircut every 6 months or so and colour my hair at home, don't have manicures, pedicures, massages, etc., so make up is pretty much the only thing I spend money on (and a few accessories here and there).
winks.gif

Anitacska

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
oh
ssad.gif
mac just rung me to say although i paid for named day delivery it wont be coming tomorrow..

i will have to wait til friday

that sucks
ssad.gif
i was looking forward to my box tomorrow

still, its better than nothing!

Aah, that does suck.
ssad.gif
I'm too mean to pay for delivery, so will just have to wait, hopefully not too long now. Haven't heard anything from Mac, so hoping it'll arrive on Friday.

banana1234

they said they would refund me the £2 extra it was for it to come earlier but still, i thought they were going to tell me something was out of stock, i would have blown my top!

ilexica

Well I've had a bit of a money squeeze so I think I'll just be looking at instant chic tomorrow if I get time (although what with the election, I may not). I did want the 131 and chromagraphic pencil, but if I miss out it won't kill me. I'm kind of hoping I don't like the blush in person since it would save me the cash, but when does that ever happen?!

I think I'm quite fortunate in that I don't like LE packaging so TTB is a miss for me. GMLOL was too for the same reason. I went a bit mad with Art Supplies though because I loved the LSMs, and SCF because I kept going back!
blush-anim-cl.gif

Kirsty

I made a list earlier. I wrote down all the collections from the past few months & tried to remember all I bought for each. Then I highlighted everything on that list that I hadn't touched in over a month. 80% was included. And I still haven't more than swatched my By candlelight (from my rant about 10 pages back) or used my SCF stuff.
ssad.gif
I looove my LoL stuff but have only worn each lipstick/lipglass 1x if at all. it makes me sad. I don't have the time to use what I have, I need to stop buying
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts