Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

EllaS

Ella your swatches are always so amazing!! Tomas looks great on you!
Awww you are too kind Thank You!
heart.gif

dyingforyou

Showing swatches of Ian here since we haven't seen much of him yet.
He's the sheer pink with gold frost on the bottom, next to Stavros. Super pretty on the hand I think.

Another light:

On the lips: quite sheer and frosty, perhaps better as a lay-over on another lipstick.
i really really want ian for personal reasons with the name, but i'm so afraid the color would look so bad on me :( i might get it just to have it look pretty on display lol i am curious to see how it would look over layered products though too!

Vandekamp

Drove myself 45 minutes to the nearest CCO at our crazy outlet mall, after calling and asking if they had TF. (She said yes) i got there and it was the biggest disappointment ever! It was suuuuuper tiny, located inside Saks Off 5th. I should have asked what they had, because after all that... They had a single nail polish and men's cologne. :( i asked if she knew about getting more items and she looked at me crazily and said "No." and walked away. The only other CCO is 3 hours from me, but I do remember it being an actual store and nicer. Though I went a long time ago before truly appreciating the deals they had. Maybe I'll check it out on my way back to College after winter break. I'll have to pass the outlet anyway. Bummer!
I am sorry to hear about your experience at the CCO. I am usually not very impressed with the level,of service at these stores either. I'll bore you with that another day. I did call Mac in NYC and filed a complaint and they seemed very interested in my experience. They led me to believe they were going to follow up with the store area manager.

Vandekamp

Showing swatches of Ian here since we haven't seen much of him yet.  He's the sheer pink with gold frost on the bottom, next to Stavros. Super pretty on the hand I think. Another light: On the lips: quite sheer and frosty, perhaps better as a lay-over on another lipstick.
Your swatches are all very pretty.

elegant-one

Just some info my Chanel SA shared with me yesterday about TF (you may already know this) is that he does not believe in lip lining pencils so he doesn't have any in his collections. Is that true that there are no lip pencils?

Winthrop44

Just some info my Chanel SA shared with me yesterday about TF (you may already know this) is that he does not believe in lip lining pencils so he doesn't have any in his collections. Is that true that there are no lip pencils?
I've never really thought about it and didn't know he felt that way but it's true... there are no TF lipliners.
Did you see my little Chanel Christmas present that I posted in the Chanel holiday thread? It's pretty cute!

awickedshape

I've read that before in a couple of articles online and I think someone on Specktra mentioned it before bit I can't recall for certain.

elegant-one

I've never really thought about it and didn't know he felt that way but it's true... there are no TF lipliners.
Did you see my little Chanel Christmas present that I posted in the Chanel holiday thread? It's pretty cute!
No, I missed the present...I'll go look :)

Medgal07

You that's pretty interesting. With all of the TF lipstick that I have I never once looked for a TF lip pencil. I think because we have to many and they're totally interchangeable, it just never occurred to us to look.

beauteblogueur

I picked up NARS Anna today so I thought I'd compare it with Pussycat.
975b4443_image.jpeg
The difference is more obvious on the lips. Anna is much more blue toned/mauve while Pussycat is about as warm as I can get away with (NW5-10) for a neutral lip color. My boys will hopefully arrive tomorrow so I'll have swatches then. I can't wait to get my hands on them (that sounds wrong ;))

Vandekamp

I picked up NARS Anna today so I thought I'd compare it with Pussycat.
975b4443_image.jpeg
The difference is more obvious on the lips. Anna is much more blue toned/mauve while Pussycat is about as warm as I can get away with (NW5-10) for a neutral lip color. My boys will hopefully arrive tomorrow so I'll have swatches then. I can't wait to get my hands on them (that sounds wrong ;))
The two shades look similar here but as always it is what the color looks like on the lips.

Latest posts