UDPP vs. MAC Eye Prep & Prime

kuuipo1207

Which do you prefer and why? TIA!
rofl.gif

Also, has any one tried any of the other Prep & Prime stuff from MAC? Would you recommend any of it or something else?

sigwing

I use the face and the lips P&P and like them both. I think the lip helps protect my lips from getting dried out from my long-last type lipsticks. And the face primer is good, I think cheaper than the Smashbox that I really like, and so similar I really don't notice a difference for the price.

panda0410

I like the P&P for lips and use it - like sigwing above it stops my lips from drying out and keeps my lippie smoother. I stopped using P&P eyes when I got my UDPP the other day which is awesome - wont ever touch another eye primer again, it will be UDPP from now on!

amelia.jayde

a mac artist used the eye prep & prime on me once and it creased after like three-four hours. UDPP has kept my eyeshadow from creasing for 12 hours, so i definitely prefer UDPP. i guess it depends on your skin? some people say UDPP creases for them.

kuuipo1207

OMG!! I just bought UDPP while I was on vacation in TN and I LOVE IT!! I put on makeup one day and twelve hours later when I was getting ready to take it off and go to bed, it STILL hadn't creased, sanother forumanother forumanother forumged, or budged from when I put it on!! I LOVE IT! Thanks so much guys!!

tsukiyomi

I bought UDPP and I HATED it. It just looked like concealer when I put it on. It was okay but, meh. I'll stick to my shadesticks.

darkbeauty27

UDPP works just okay for me. It still creases after a few hours. I like to use TIGI After Party creme eye shadows as bases.

Ms. Z

I don't like he MAC primers or UDPP; they both creased and/or moved/felt sort of sticky (don't know any other way to describe it.
My preference is the Paula Dorf eye primer & Smashbox photofinish.

BeatrixKiddo

I've tried both and am still looking for perfect concealer/primer, all in one, that works perfect. I'll try a MAC paint or new paint pot next - alot of girls seem to have great results. Good luck and hope you find the perfect eye primer.

Asphyxia

I would never recommend Mac Eye prep & prime because it creases really bad. I do prefer UDPP all the way!

pyxystixx

Well for those who do like UDPP, I believe they are selling 2 for $25 on UD's website and I believe you can also pick them up at Ulta.

MiCHiE

I will not wear mascara without MAC's P&P Lash. I didn't care for the P&P Eyes. When I tried it, I creased as soon as I stepped into the TX heat. I have 3 backups of UDPP, though. I LOVE it! And, I've experimented all over with UDPP. I find that 'less is more' with it. You will crease immediately if you use too much and it settles into an eyelid crease. Seriously, you need to pull the wand out and swipe your index finger across one side for one eye; across the other side for the other eye. That's it. After a few months, you can pull the stopper out, but there will be more product on the brush, so lightly swipe your finger for each eye.

Briar

I love UDPP for the eyes; my shadows don't crease, smudge or budge; and MAC Prep & Prime Skin for the rest of my face. I wear mineral foundation and I've noticed my face itches a bit with any brand of mineral unless I use the P & P Skin primer. Plus, it makes my skin look more even and smooth.

blindpassion

I use MACS prep and prime for skin, and I LOVE it, I don't know what I did without it. UDPP is my vote for eyes though.

AppleDiva

I like Prep+Prime Eye for winter, when my skin is drier. Currently, I am using MAC matte gel with Paint Pots. I love this combo. I was using up to 3 primers in the summer because my lids are oilier. I think about 95% of UDPP users love it, so I would try both and see which one works for u. (maybe u can get samples of each!)

Doowop

mac prep and prime is not good, but i'm stuck with it as i've used it only a few times..I have oily lids and my shadows/liner still creased on me. Boo

Twinkle_Twinkle

There really isn't much of a comparison between UDPP and MAC's Prep & Prime for eyes. I think the P&P makes eye makeup application easier, smoother, but it doesn't keep the makeup in place the way UDPP does.