UDPP vs. MAC Eye Prep & Prime

Mrschloe

MAC P&P is a staple for me. I have really dark eye lids and this evens the colour, smoths the skin and makes e/s look more vibrant and easier to apply. I even use it as a concealer under my eyes. Can't live without

As for UDPP, I tried liking it but I don't. Because is so shear dosen't neutralizes my dark its also to waterly and dry.

hollytron

No comparison, imo. UDPP all the way for me. It latches onto pigment, making the color far more vibrant, as well as allowing the color to glide on. It brightens the eyes when wore alone (I'm pale and it does for me anyway), and dries quickly so you can apply makeup quickly.

I went to a party one night, wearing some UD shadow with the PP, the next morning, my cousin visited. I hadn't showered yet or anything (just plopped into bed after the party), my hair was a mess, I was in PJs, but my makeup looked fab. My cousin asked, "Why did you do your makeup if you're just lazing around?!" I DIDN'T!
smiles.gif

Jade1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrschloe
MAC P&P is a staple for me. I have really dark eye lids and this evens the colour, smoths the skin and makes e/s look more vibrant and easier to apply. I even use it as a concealer under my eyes. Can't live without

As for UDPP, I tried liking it but I don't. Because is so shear dosen't neutralizes my dark its also to waterly and dry.

So sorry it didn't work out for you. I was sold on it the first day I tried it. I have very oily lids and have tried them all.. MAC, SMashbox, Models Prefer.. everything! UDPP was the only one that has worked.. I had my shadow on for 16 hours and there were no creases or anything. I hope to GOD they don't ever discontinue this or I will cry!
ssad.gif
MAC Piggies go on vibrant and last all day with UDPP. They are as bright as when you use a shade stick underneath them. I recommend it to all that have oily lids.

As for Face primer.. have not tried MAC but I use BE's face primer and I have to say... my BE mineral make up looks fantastic now. Before I was always wondering if I could find something that worked better. One day I wandered into Ulta (AWESOME store btw.. a make up addicts crack house!) and saw they carried BE, found the primer and thought "WTH.. lets give it a shot" Glad I did.
greengrin.gif

Give 'em a try ladies you won't be dissapointed!

Jade
pretty.gif

JanineDesiree

I could not wear eyeshadow, or even liners on my top lid.
I have tried every type of primer or whatever I was told to use as primer.

The only item to work is UDPP!!! A friend bought it for me a couple weeks ago!
Its time to buy shadows again!!

DJ_Roxas

I prefer UDPP beacuse I've worn it and it hasn't creased, it hasn't faded away and it really easy to get off as long as you have a make-up remover with glycerin. As for MAC P&P, I haven't tried it but I have heard horror stories about it not working so well.

knoxydoll

I had a really bad allergic reaction to P+P eye. So I use UDPP now when I got to shows or when I want it to really last, but paint pots or paints for just regular shows.

I use UDPP. Since I'm really starting to get into eyeshadow, it's the only primer that I've tried. I also use Wet 'n Wild cream shadows as a base from time to time.

Nepenthe

I don't consider them to be the same type of product, even though they both have primer in their name.
thmbdn.gif

In my experience, MAC's PP line just makes application easier and smoother. It doesn't do anything to increase wear (eye or face) - but it does make a difference in texture, especially under foundation.

UDPP is similar in that application is easy (provided you just use a little - instead of globbing it on), but it brightens colours, and keeps those shadows and pigments in their place.

I have both, but I probably wouldn't buy MAC's PP again, not because it doesn't work (it does), but because I generally don't have a problem with uneven eye applications. If you're looking for anti-crease and holding power, I'd definitely recommend UDPP.

duddelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanineDesiree
I could not wear eyeshadow, or even liners on my top lid.
I have tried every type of primer or whatever I was told to use as primer.

The only item to work is UDPP!!! A friend bought it for me a couple weeks ago!
Its time to buy shadows again!!

I know, RIGHT!? It's getting to the point where I can't wear anything (paints, pots, shadesticks, concealer, foundation...) as a primer because they crease, but I can't wear eyeshadow without a primer. I'm so stuck right now, but I mos def try UDPP ASAP. It sounds like my only hope.

THANKS AGAIN LADIES! Everyone gives such fabulous details here.

pat

I've used UDPP but it gave me a rash on my eyelids.
ssad.gif

I now use Too Faced Shadow Insurance and it hasn't been drying out my lids, I also found that I can blend easier.

My MA tried MAC's Prep + Prime eye and it didn't crease (it was around 70 degrees outside).

I think i'll stick to my TFSS for now.
smiles.gif

M.A.C. head.

I can't do my make up without UDPP, so it gets my vote. I also put home made mixing medium over it. I can wear my make up for the whole day and it still looks fresh. I am a bad girl, so sometimes I fall asleep with my make up on and when I wake it, it STILL doesn't look all that bad.

I was at the MAC counter last weekend and the MA tried to pitch MACs PP and I wasn't really feeling it. But it depends on each person, their skin type, what result they're going for.

Lauren1981

i have a question about urban decays primer or just primer in general........ do you guys that use it only use it on your eyes or do you use it all over???
as much as i love makeup i have to admit i've never used a primer but is there like a huge difference between primer for the eyes and face???
i'm leaning heavily towards urban decays primer because i've been hearing better reviews about it than MACs....

Kiss and Makeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren1981
i have a question about urban decays primer or just primer in general........ do you guys that use it only use it on your eyes or do you use it all over???
as much as i love makeup i have to admit i've never used a primer but is there like a huge difference between primer for the eyes and face???
i'm leaning heavily towards urban decays primer because i've been hearing better reviews about it than MACs....

I've never used MAC's eye primer before but I <3 UDPP and BeneFit's Lemon Aid. I put it all over my eye, from lashes to brow. I have a separate primer for my face. I notice the colors stay on longer, especially highly glittered colors or pigments, and it makes the eye shadow easier to blend.

In regards to if it's different..I think so. I've (accidently) gotten my face primer in my eyes and it burns, but the eye primer doesn't bother me if it gets in there. It's the same concept, though..it evens out the skin and helps the color adhere to the lid.

meaghanb2926

It depends what I am putting on over it. If I am going to use one of MAC's creme color bases on my eye (I know it isnt approved for that area but I use them there anyways!) or Benefit's Creaseless Creme shadows I use the UDPP. If I am just going for straight eyeshadows and pigments, I use MAC's paint or MAC's paint pots. I cant speak to MAC's P&P though.

Lauren1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinaRose
MAC P+P has to be the worst eye primer I have ever used!! UD PP all the way!!

what happened?? did it crease really bad??

natjotua

i know this question probably doesnt belong here, but does anyone know what the reason is behind storing paint pots and fluid lines upside down?? supposedly its to keep them from drying out.. but what does keeping them upside down actually do??