What do you remember about the 80s???

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Wow. Let me shake the cranium and see what falls out....

• Wearing loads of black rubber bracelets.
  • Swatch watches. I loved my Keith Haring swatch.
  • Wham!
  • My asymetrical hair cut that was razored in the back
  • Going to see a concert where the Beastie Boys opened for Madonna. I still have the Beastie Boys tee.
  • Learning to drive
  • The Cosby Show and Growing Pains
  • Mini skirts
  • My first job
  • Losing my virginity
  • Wearing red lipstick in high school

The eighties were such a fugly decade.

Ha ha! I had that haircut, it looked like a big triangle.
th_LMAO.gif

I actually was at a discount store the other day and saw a bottle of Agree shampoo. Does anyone remember that? It made me think about all the beauty products I was obsessed with back then! Impulse body sprays, Mink Hairspray, Jovan Musk, Baby Soft, and those lipsticks that were bright green or orange in the tube, but would "magically turn into your best color" when applied. They were a bitch to get off and always turned bright fuchsia on me! Also...Primo, Colors De Benneton, Liz Claiborne in the triangle shaped bottle, and who can forget Poison! My neighbor bathed in it.

kobri

OMG I love reading this thread. The 80s were a great time to be a kid we had the best toys the bomb cartoons and we were too young to care tht everything was soooo fugly! I was born in 78 and some of the girls I used to work with used to have competitions to see who could remember the most things from the 80s. these random words but they bring back such vivid memories
Charmkins, Cabbage Patch Kids, Polly pocket, Popples, Snorks, Smurfs, Heman/She Ra (my friend had like every single she ra) transformers, my little ponies, spiral perms, wanting to be Samantha Micelli ( I had Allyssa Milano's Teen Steam video- still might somewhere) Samantha Fox, madonna, Michael Jackson, Bruce Springsteen, Huey Lewis and the News, Bon Jovi, Acid wash, Super High top converse that flipped down to reveal a different colour inside, Paula Abdul sneakers, LA Gear, stirrup pants with high heels, side pony tails (I had the BEST crimped hair ever) rat tails- Jordan Knight had one they had to be cool right?, The Huggabunch movie, TGIF, Astro boy, Sharon Lois and Bram, Jelly braclets, jelly shoes, everything neon, short socks with lace on the edges, tennis socks with the pompoms, flashdance (I saw it last weekend and was like omg you let me watch this?) leg warmers, slouch socks, Cosby Show, One shoulder showing in those tops with the huge necklines, punky brewster, small wonder, mr belvedere, alf, the A team, charles in Charge (man I loved Scott Baio, Wierd Science, Ghostbusters, learning Axel F from beverly Hills Cop, Rollerskating to Tiffany songs, I could go on for days