What do you remember about the 80s???

Urbana

i remember this kind of 'toy' named blandiblu (at least in spain) it was like a disgusting and funny snot (is it the right word?). i loved it!!!

RE1362N_blan.gif

potsolcentrat.gif

hrdruian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
I'm remembering more stuff:
TV Shows: Under the umbrella tree, Fraggle Rock
My brother had a Gizmo doll from some movie (Gremlins?)
Now again this may be 90s--that Pogo Ball (mine was purple and pink and they looked like this
smiles.gif

http://www.pogostickusa.com/pogo/ima...ogo%20Ball.jpg
How about Skip It (put your leg in the plastic hole, get the Skip it to swing around and you looked like a goof going down your street?)

Okay this is far too much fun but I have to go study for my final tomorrow! Eeek!

ahhhhh!!!! the pogo ball!!!! no one remembers that!! we had purple and green one. i fell off of that thing so many times. we ended up using as something to balence on while in the pool!!!

Briar

More memories from my 80's adolescence:

Roller skating, Centipede, PacMan, Space Invaders, collecting stickers, War Games (the movie), Goonies, knickers, Tom Cruise actually being a young hunk, the Brat Pack, Thriller, Cable TV being a big deal, Smurfs and Care Bears, Jim Henson at his best, spandex, cassettes, feathered roach clips in the hair (maybe a southern thing?), bannana clips, Rubick's Cube.

Urbana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebabe
LMAO Rattails lol

im ashamed to say in spain we still have that. maybe 1% of the population only, but...
girl_devil.gif

SparklingWaves

My favorites:

The most coveted cars: Pontiac Trans Am, Chevrolet Camaro Z-28, Ford Mustang, Chevy Corvette (See a picture of me & my bad boy - 1970's Camaro).

image.jpg

Note: I am dressed up to go to a Halloween party as a cat here in my tux looking outfit. ;O I can't find any other pictures with my favorite car without me in a bathing suit sitting on my car. I am not brave enough to post those.

Calvin Klein & Jordache jeans
Day of Rock N Roll concerts
Rock tee shirts
Flannel plaid shirts
Anything corduroy
Roach clips in your feathered hair (No, you didn’t have to smoke. They were stylish).
smiles.gif

Makeup:

Heavy application of foundation. (No blending necessary).
Cover Girl powder with the puff in front. (If your makeup didn’t match you skin perfectly, no one cared ).
Gover Girl blush (This is the one with the highlighter, blush color, and the contour in the container. I think they still make this. You applied this with the brush in the container. You used that brush till it fell apart).
Eye shadows by Aziza, Maybelline, & Cover Girl (Use applicator and don’t blend).
Black pencil eyeliner (Melt prior to application with you lighter and apply to waterline).
Vivid electric blue mascara by Maybelline. (That stuff was truly waterproof and sweat proof).
Vivid electric blue liquid eyeliner
Mood lipstick & blush (WHOA!)
Shimmering pale pink or fuchsia lipstick colors

Not cool in my circle:

1. Shaving your head
2. Alligator shirts (Lacoste shirts) - Unless, it was in pastel colors for the girls.
3. Boat shoes -as known as Penny loafers - (I didn’t go to school with people who wore those shoes. You would be teased unmercifully for wearing those).
4 Very baggy jeans. (It was viewed as dumpy looking).
5. Acid wash jeans in colors. (Only the denim was cool and not the color ones).
6. Spiking your hair (People viewed you as really wanting attention).
7. Violent Punk rock - Who were the Ice Cubes anyway?
8. Valley Girl talk (You would get beat up at my school for talking that way).
9. Trying to copy anything or even playing anything by Madonna (Everyone thought she was trying to hard to sell herself to put it mildly).
10. People running around trying to dance like the lady in Flash Dance

Hot colors or combos

Pink & Grey (So many people wanted to wear that combo to the prom).
Dark Purple & black
Cobalt blue & black

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
Roach clips in your hair???? LMAO

For some odd reason, I can't find an example online. LOL

Description: It had a very small clip at the top with three thin leather strands that had multi-colored feathers on the end. The feathers were natural or vibrant shades. The feathers could be small or big.

Nearly all the girls had one to match each outfit. It looked like you had feathers hanging in your long hair from the front view. When I first saw them, I thought they were very long earrings.

We wore these to school in our hair, on our leather purses, book snaps, on our belt loops, as paper clips for book reports, and I saw some hanging on mirrors in the cars. They were the most popular accessory. They were everywhere.

captodometer

I completely forgot breakdancing. It was so popular they made movies about it. Who could forget Breakin' 2: Electric Bugaloo
th_LMAO.gif

SparklingWaves

Yes, that's it. They did look like little jumper clamps. I think Briar knows too. I saw she posted something of the description too. Wow, that's it. I was starting to think it was just my imagination. LOL

I wonder what people would think if I wore that again. LOL

SparklingWaves

I still have the plastic earrings from my 1st date with my hubby. They are broken, but I just couldn't part with them.

He gave me a promise ring that I still wear. I really never hear of anyone getting a promise ring. Do they do that anymore?