What's your current fashion dilemma ?

KJackson

What's your current fashion dilemma (whatever your definition of that
currently is) and please explain why ?

KikiB

My current fashion dilemma is related to shoes-I usually wear FitFlops most of the year because I have to walk long distances everywhere, and it's over rocky terrain so I can't wear heels, even though I would love to. It's just about finding shoes that will work with everything that are a bit nicer, but can stand up to the abuse that I give.

Also my other one is that I am addicted to clearance racks, which has filled my closet with a lot of pieces that I don't wear that often due to me working and what not. My goal is to a) try and give everything a good wearing, and b) purge more. I purged a good 25 tops from my closet recently because I knew I would not have a chance to wear them all, and many were either too big or I knew I would never wear them again.

tara_hearts

Fashion dilemma
Dressing to casual. Jeans and a tee and flip flops.
SO. I go out and buy tons of cute dressess and high heels and nice clothes. And never wear them. I feel out of place and feel like I look like a weirdo. So I spent all that money for no reason and I keep wearing the same crap. Argh.

Simply Elegant

Not having enough money to buy more clothes that fit me. I went down a size because I started working out more than usual and now none of my clothes fit me as well as usual. Also, finding cute boots that won't make me slip everywhere and keep me warm once it gets cold out.

florabundance

I have to pay thousands worth of school fees, buy a lap top and purchase a winter wardrobe - i'm starting university. So i have to prioritise and it looks like clothes will come last
ssad.gif
which sucks because just like Simply Elegant, i've gone down a size and all my stuff is too big.
What makes it suck that much more is that i'm in love with so many of the new autumn/winter collections - particularly French Connection, which is kind of pricey

Shimmer

I spend way too much time in fitness wear. When I wear 'normal' clothes I feel super dressed up, even if it's jeans and a t-shirt.

I need to get out more. >.<

NicksWifey

I'm a sweater whore, as in I wear sweaters when it's like 90 degrees outside. It's just a weird habit, I collect sweaters LOL. Hooded sweaters, turtleneck sweaters, cardigan sweaters, etc. People always say "Take your sweater off and stay a while!" Haha
smiles.gif
I just feel so comfortable in a sweater that I don't feel like taking it off.

Simply Elegant

Quote:
Originally Posted by florabundance
I have to pay thousands worth of school fees, buy a lap top and purchase a winter wardrobe - i'm starting university. So i have to prioritise and it looks like clothes will come last
ssad.gif
which sucks because just like Simply Elegant, i've gone down a size and all my stuff is too big.
What makes it suck that much more is that i'm in love with so many of the new autumn/winter collections - particularly French Connection, which is kind of pricey

Yeah I have expensive taste too but at least laptops are on sale at this time of year.
smiles.gif

couturesista

I spend tooo much money on shoes and purses. I sew alot so I tend to spend alot of money on fabric too. OH and I need to stop buying fashion mags because thats where I get inspired to sew which leads right back to fabric stashing!

Shaquille

I spend a lot of many on shoes but I can rarely wear them.
The skin on my feet tends to be very sensitive - it blisters easily..

browneyedbaby

Uggs - to buy or not to buy... part of me HATES them, part of me craves them after trying them on for a joke, so comfy!

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tara_hearts
Fashion dilemma
Dressing to casual. Jeans and a tee and flip flops.
SO. I go out and buy tons of cute dressess and high heels and nice clothes. And never wear them. I feel out of place and feel like I look like a weirdo. So I spent all that money for no reason and I keep wearing the same crap. Argh.

Same thing! I have bought so many dresses in an attempt to be more girly. But I hardly wear them!

I think if I find a nice pair of boots to pair with them, I'll wear them more.
But I have so little money to spend on shoes, boots are so expensive.

Actually, shoes in general are a problem for me. I have nothing but sneakers. I need prettier shoes like dressier flats and heels.

mac*lover

my problem that i wear jeans and black tee and the same flat shoes almost every day i feel comfortable in them but when i go out and see some girls how is wearing skirts or a dress i say to my self i am going tomorrow to get a me a cute skirt or dress but i never do
ssad.gif
so my problem is wearing jeans every where i go and i do not have not even 1 skirt , i heat it
thmbdn.gif
but a mother of 4 year old some times wearing dress is a bid uncomfortable for me.

mac*lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaquille
I spend a lot of many on shoes but I can rarely wear them.
The skin on my feet tends to be very sensitive - it blisters easily..

the same over here i have sooo many shoes but i am stick wearing one black flats just because my feet do not get blisters from them easily but if i wear them over 6 hours they will give me blisters too
ssad.gif

juicygirl

my current dilemma is that i am sick of wearing scrubs like every day just because i work at a doctors' office! i wish i could dress all cute for work, sigh.

..kels*

i have a complex going on right now where i think super dark colours (black. navy. & ..black.) are the only thing that will make me look sophisticated & not like i'm 14. & every job i've recently held has an all-black dress code, so that doesn't help.

& i also looove dressing up (fancy/curled hair, makeup all done up, cute outfit, heels..) but i feel soo out of place & overly done - especially going grocery shopping. i get a lot of eye rolls from the moms. i'm sorry!
weeping.gif
i wasn't dressing up specifically to go grocery shopping.. i just like to look nice..
001_unsure.gif

blueagave

I have no idea what style of jean flatters me... I have short curvy legs with tiny ankles and flared jeans just add all this extra fabric to my ankles and make my legs look chunky. On the other hand, skinny jeans appeal to me but I am not skinny and they make my lower half look like a carrot.
ssad.gif

I also do NOT know how to buy accessories. I always get crappy stuff from places like Forever 21. I have nothing simple and elegant to wear when I go out on special occasions.

OfficerJenny

current dilemma is if I wear anything "nice" (blazer, button up shirt, tie, etc) I feel way to formal and like i put too much effort into my look for just going to school, even if I think/know it looks good.

spectrolite

My dilemma is that I lack basic items in my wardrobe.

- I need shoes. All sorts of shoes. I've never been one of those girls who buys lots of shoes and I tend to only buy them when my current ones are literally falling to pieces. As a result I own like 2 pairs of boots - one riddled with holes, 2 pairs of sneakers and 2 pairs of sandals and 1 pair of maryjanes. I need more diversity! And I want to learn how to walk in heels.

- I need two great pairs of jeans that actually fit me properly - one blue pair and one black pair. Every pair I seem to buy fits through the hips but then gapes at the back around the waist. I freakin hate it!

- I need tops. Blouses, shirts, singlets etc.. I seem to have an over abundance of skirts and only a few tops to wear with them.

This summer I'm making it my mission to buy all of these things! >_<

Moxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrolite

- I need two great pairs of jeans that actually fit me properly - one blue pair and one black pair. Every pair I seem to buy fits through the hips but then gapes at the back around the waist. I freakin hate it!

OMG this is what I was going to write for me
lol.gif

I don't even own a pair of jeans atm, can you imagine that? Jeans are like the most useful and versatile piece of clothing and I don't have it.
I want to drop a size so I guess I'll try to lose some weight before i go and buy nice pair of jeans!