WOC: Sugarsweet

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Yeah I like the shadesticks too....But different colors would be great....even some of the paint pot colors in a stick would be great! I think that is why the Red is the only one on my list...The only one remotely different from everything else they make....I think you need to submit your ideas...they are obvioulsy running out of them

LMAO!

And also one more comment on the promo pic and then I am done. As for the comparison to Barbie, the makeup in this promo pic isn't even well applied or polished. That lipstick is obviously not a match, but look at her eye makeup - It looks like they just colored her entire eye from brow bone to lid with Red Velvet Shadestick. There was no skill involved there. The makeup is ugly in the picture, which is what I don't understand.

dominichulinda

both MSF ..maybe a shadestick
smiles.gif

seymone25

Definitely the MSF, the shadesticks and Saint Germain Lipstick..

I will submit a pic to MAC also showing how the lipstick is supposed to look on a chocolate sista. I am offended but I think this is the new look really because Sephora has the same type of looks but the makeup is applied with some technique and skill. Also have you guys noticed that the looks that MAC are creating for the collections are lacking skills (not the promo pics but the online looks)

sdtjefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I understand what you are saying and agree to some extent. But, I think the main difference in the Barbie visual and the Sugar Sweet one is the overall look. Barbie was very stylized. The makeup was bold but it looked good. It made you think, "I can wear that." I don't get anything like a, "I can wear that" vibe from Sugar Sweet. The woman in the promo looks like a clown. It's the very definition of making a color work for you (Barbie) versus blindly applying a color with no regard for what it will take to make it look good on you (Sugar Sweet). The whole thing just looks sloppy.

I agree with your point as well. MAC should have done a more stylized photo. That being said, I can't wait to rock saint germain! I might actually purchase my first backup of a product
yes.gif

aziza

*sigh* This whole collection is a big FAIL for me starting at the promo pics right on down to the glosses. The only thing that's slightly appealing is the red shadestick and St. Germain.

blazeno.8

You know, in spite of the promo pic, I think this collection is going to be a very nice one. That doesn't mean that I'm going to want to buy everything in it mind you (or very much for that matter), but I can see some nice face charts coming out of this one... excluding the promo pic's face chart of course.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeno.8
but I can see some nice face charts coming out of this one... excluding the promo pic's face chart of course.

jawdrop.gif
You mean that you aren't dying to replicate that look????

DirtyPlum

I must say I am surprised at the amount of ppl who want to try st germain. This colour is perm here in the uk and is only popular for those under nc/nw 25 - just like angel and snob. But hey, I'd be interested in seeing someone of colour rock it...

TISH1124

Well if it's what the Model is wearing...I see why No one above a nc/nw25 is wearing it for real!!! It most def is NOT her color!!! Although Angel and Snob looks great on WOC IMHO

DirtyPlum

^I need to dig through the FOTDs for Angel and Snob. But Saint Germain is pinkier, chalkier and starker...

blazeno.8

I think I've decided that I'm really going to like this collection. I want to get:
1 or 2 MSFs (have to see them in person)
Lollipop Loving (backup)
Stars n Rockets (but I don't have to rush)

I'll probably just B2M for Stars n Rockets.

lilMAClady

Actually my sis is a MAC artist and has played with the collection. From what she says St. Germain isn't as pale and pasty as it looks. She's NW45 and can't wait to get it. I'm thrilled about this collection really. The model looks like chocolate and her lips and hair look like candy. YUM!
It makes me more curious about pastels. All promo pics aren't supposed to be 'wearable'. MAC is an artistic brand, hence the name. Play with color and the traditional confines of beauty! That's why I love MAC so much
smiles.gif

damsel

^^^ agreed. i'm excited for st. germain and will be most definitely getting it along with the msf. the rest i have to play with when it launches.