AU Colour Story Release Dates

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrolite

The last set of full sized brushes to come out as a set were the Pret a Porter brushes back in 2006. They were an online exclusive in the US (might have also been at Saks) but I don't think they were available in Australia. I reckon you'd be looking at at least $250+ if it is made available here.

we did get the pret-a-porter brush set - it was a DJs exclusive and was very pricey. from memory it was around $300, but i could be wrong. it was quite a while ago
smiles.gif

Paramnesia

Hmmm I'd love a full size brush set, though in the long run it would probably be cheaper to just get the ones i want shipped from the US

sambibabe

Quote:
I think some of the Dame Edna stuff sounds interesting! I hope it comes out in Australia first. It should be an Australian exclusive to punish everyone else for getting Manish while we were over looked.
graucho.gif

I agree. But then I will be sorry if Hello Kitty was a Japanese exclusive
smiles.gif
Apparently, US release date for the Dame Edna collection is 26/12, but then my friend said she can get them at the end of November? I don't know how it works, but I already gave her the list, just in case. How can you say no to lipstick names like, 'Kanga-rouge' (and it is not brown shade) and 'Coral Polyp'? Imagine telling people that you are wearing 'Possum Nose Pink' lol..

Paramnesia

LOL oh i love the names, Kanga-rouge that's awesome.

I found out yesturday i'm not allergic to slimslines so I hope they bring out some more so I can actually buy some lip products other than vaseline lol. I got bare with my B2M empties but I so want more now

miss_bailey

Quote:

The last set of full sized brushes to come out as a set were the Pret a Porter brushes back in 2006. They were an online exclusive in the US (might have also been at Saks) but I don't think they were available in Australia. I reckon you'd be looking at at least $250+ if it is made available here.

You would be better off getting someone in the States to do a CP for you but with our dollar so low it might not be worth it. $125USD = $187AUD at the moment and with insurance and shipping you would probably be looking at another $20-30 on top of that which would add up to around $220-230. You would pay $240 here in Australia if you bought the 4 brushes in the set seperately, which is pretty much the same as having them shipped from America! I based the shipping charges on what I normally pay when I have things shipped from America. I only use Express post which has tracking and always get insurance.

How about getting her one of the holiday brush sets that came out with Red She Said?? If I didn't already have a big full sized collection I would be snapping those up. I started out using them and worked my way up to full sized versions. They really are great for beginners.

Thank you for all of that! To be honest I thought about the RSS brush sets but I'm not a huge fan of them because for the price the quality isnt that great (I have a few) Maybe I'll just get her two or three of the staples.
(187,217,222). Any suggestions anyone?

miss_bailey

Quote:

You would be better off getting someone in the States to do a CP for you but with our dollar so low it might not be worth it. $125USD = $187AUD at the moment and with insurance and shipping you would probably be looking at another $20-30 on top of that which would add up to around $220-230. You would pay $240 here in Australia if you bought the 4 brushes in the set seperately, which is pretty much the same as having them shipped from America! I based the shipping charges on what I normally pay when I have things shipped from America. I only use Express post which has tracking and always get insurance.

How about getting her one of the holiday brush sets that came out with Red She Said?? If I didn't already have a big full sized collection I would be snapping those up. I started out using them and worked my way up to full sized versions. They really are great for beginners.

Thank you for all of that! To be honest I thought about the RSS brush sets but I'm not a huge fan of them because for the price the quality isnt that great (I have a few) Maybe I'll just get her two or three of the staples.

miss_bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambibabe
239! Wish my friends get me MAC stuff too
smiles.gif

Haha! She is a really good friend and has done alot for me this year.

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_bailey
Haha! She is a really good friend and has done alot for me this year.

That is so sweet. My friend got me Tupperware for my birthday
cry.gif
Just got home from MAC.. I love Dangerzone so much, now I am thinking of buying a backup - am I nuts?
noworry.gif

cassandra-ellen

i just got back from mac chapel street, and got petticoat, springsheen blush and the spiced chocolate quad.
there are only 5 petticoats left at chapel street, no more gold deposit or.... something else, and chadstone has gold deposit and nothing else.... i dont think. haha.
glad i brought petticoat.
greengrin.gif

cassandra-ellen

Ohh, and for those who dont know, the pigment set and lipglass/lusterglass sets that will be released soon for christmas, is $65
just thought i would tell people. saw it in one of the postcard/catalogue thing at the counter on the christmas collection.

sambibabe

Chapel St MAC store was full of people as usual.. They only had one Petticoat left, sold out all of Dazzleglasses and Pearlglide eyeliner! No CoC lipstick/lipglasses either.. Bad economy? Certainly not Chapel Street (should see people with bags and bags)! So if you want something, ring up the store, before you turn up or order online before everything disappear
smiles.gif

By the way, does anyone know when Dazzlelash will be released in Australia? Forgot to ask MA..

redambition

i was going to ask when the dazzleglasses came out, but i see they were part of red she said...

hmm. might pass on them this time around.

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
i was going to ask when the dazzleglasses came out, but i see they were part of red she said...

hmm. might pass on them this time around.

Wow, you are good!!
winks.gif
You can't pass Sugarimmed though.. I didn't like it until I saw it person. It has teal sparkles = psychadelic!!

spectrolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_bailey

When I started out if someone had bought me ANY of these brushes I would have been over the moon. These are my suggestions:

#239 For picking up and packing on colour
#187 For blush/MSF's or Liquid foundations
#109 For highlighting, contouring, blush, applying liquid foundations - this is truly an all purpose brush!
#217 For blending
#227 For highlighting under the brow, applying colour to the lid really quickly, highlighting
#150 Powder brush

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paramnesia
I always go shopping on mondays or tuesdays and its never busy.

Ahhh! I would love to go to shopping during weekdays! Unfortunately, I am stuck at work, trying to make money to pay off what I spent at MAC yesterday...

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambibabe
Wow, you are good!!
winks.gif
You can't pass Sugarimmed though.. I didn't like it until I saw it person. It has teal sparkles = psychadelic!!

not really good... just when i went there on launch day (on holiday from work at the moment) the displayer wasn't up.

to go back is seeming like all too much effort - hah!

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
to go back is seeming like all too much effort - hah!

I totally understand that! I think I enjoy internet shopping and parcel deliveries too much
ssad.gif

myystiqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassandra-ellen
i just got back from mac chapel street, and got petticoat, springsheen blush and the spiced chocolate quad.
there are only 5 petticoats left at chapel street, no more gold deposit or.... something else, and chadstone has gold deposit and nothing else.... i dont think. haha.
glad i brought petticoat.
greengrin.gif

oh gee... you went to chapel without me??? lol...

how's the petticoat??? i have put the only one left on hold for me... hopefully i can get it by thursday.... is it a beige-peachy color or a soft-pink??

oh.. and is it possible if i swatch it instore, don't like it and cancel the 'reservation'??