AU Colour Story Release Dates

cassandra-ellen

Quote:
Originally Posted by myystiqueen
oh gee... you went to chapel without me??? lol...

how's the petticoat??? i have put the only one left on hold for me... hopefully i can get it by thursday.... is it a beige-peachy color or a soft-pink??

oh.. and is it possible if i swatch it instore, don't like it and cancel the 'reservation'??

Sorry! haha, Im going to head to chaddy decemberish though to get the little darlings piggies! ahah
Petticoat is good. It is pretty sheer, but adds a shine to your cheeks. Its a pink shade. Not sure if you dont like it if you can cancel it though.
I did find a similar blush though at pupa milani (kmart), that has smilar colour veining through it.

sambibabe

Petticoat is pretty but I love Soft & gentle for the highlight.. I just received my Little Darlings this morning. OMG, I just love the red packaging! Better than 2007 for sure!
MAClittledarlings.jpg

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paramnesia
I'm really unsure whether I'm liking petticoat, it looks kind of odd on me.

What is your skintone like?

miss_bailey

The MAC near me said they would call me when petticoat came in but they still haven't yet, should I call them or just assume they never got it in?

myystiqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassandra-ellen
Sorry! haha, Im going to head to chaddy decemberish though to get the little darlings piggies! ahah
Petticoat is good. It is pretty sheer, but adds a shine to your cheeks. Its a pink shade. Not sure if you dont like it if you can cancel it though.
I did find a similar blush though at pupa milani (kmart), that has smilar colour veining through it.

hmm.. i LOVEE sheer... cause i need something that i can use on daily basis... ^^

but not sure if it will turn out good on my skintone.. im NC35 so yea.... do they have petticoat tester in store?? i think i better off cancel it by phone and see if there's still one left next week.... if not then... that's fine.. lol ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambibabe
Petticoat is pretty but I love Soft & gentle for the highlight.. I just received my Little Darlings this morning. OMG, I just love the red packaging! Better than 2007 for sure!
MAClittledarlings.jpg

oh wow... that's sooo cool.....!!
swatches??

sambibabe

Quote:
OMG GOODD!! Im soooo jelous that you have the little darlings!!!!!!!

You will have yours soon!
smiles.gif
How do you guys normally keep your holiday mini sets like these? Do you throw away the boxes?
Quote:
The MAC near me said they would call me when petticoat came in but they still haven't yet, should I call them or just assume they never got it in?

I would call them straight away miss bailey! It seems like they are disappearing very quickly from both stores and website.
Quote:
hmm.. i LOVEE sheer... cause i need something that i can use on daily basis... ^^

but not sure if it will turn out good on my skintone.. im NC35 so yea.... do they have petticoat tester in store?? i think i better off cancel it by phone and see if there's still one left next week.... if not then... that's fine.. lol ^^

Other ladies could help you with this, but for me, Petticoat is very sheer! At first I couldn't see much colour, so I caked on. Gosh, it was just so ugly! So shinny and magnified every single pores! Now I use very little bit of Petticoat, a bit of blusher on top and a bit of Soft & Gentle for the highlight.. I think NC35 would look great with Petticoat though..

cassandra-ellen

Quote:
smiles.gif
How do you guys normally keep your holiday mini sets like these? Do you throw away the boxes?

I have never got a mini set before! So excited, only known bout mac for 2 (give or take) months. Yayy! Im buying these with my bonus from work.
mac_haul.gif
yahoo.gif

Paramnesia

Quote:
What is your skintone like?

I quite pale with red undertones, though I usually where NC15 foundations/concealers because they suit my skin better.

myystiqueen

Quote:
Quote:
smiles.gif

I have never got a mini set before! So excited, only known bout mac for 2 (give or take) months. Yayy! Im buying these with my bonus from work.
mac_haul.gif
yahoo.gif

hey.. same here..... just known about mac prolly 2-3 months ago..... ^^

sambibabe

Quote:
My mum asked what i wanted for christmas, but said she isnt buying me all makeup. dammit!

That's harsh.. I don't even remember what I got for the last year's Christmas, but I think I want MAC stuff. Either that or a big, fat envelop full of cash, so that I could spend that on Hello Kitty collection.
I Quote:
quite pale with red undertones, though I usually where NC15 foundations/concealers because they suit my skin better.

I am quite pale too and Petticoat doesn't really show much on me. I love the subtle rosy glow though.

cassandra-ellen

Quote:
That's harsh.. I don't even remember what I got for the last year's Christmas, but I think I want MAC stuff. Either that or a big, fat envelop full of cash, so that I could spend that on Hello Kitty collection.

I KNOW!! She doesnt understand how happy i get with mac, going to a mac store, etc. I think getting mac would be soo much better than something electrical, because eyeshadows and brushes and more last for sooo long!
I ended up saying the new straightner with avacado oils in it. I want that also.

myystiqueen

Quote:
Awsome as.
My mum asked what i wanted for christmas, but said she isnt buying me all makeup. dammit!

awee.... my mom doesn't even know i'm into makeup.... lol
i'm living with myy brother here in aussie and my 'rents are all way back in indonesia so yea... i just got into makeup a month after i got here (which is 4 months ago..)

Quote:
I I am quite pale too and Petticoat doesn't really show much on me. I love the subtle rosy glow though.

ohh gee.... HK is going to be myy first MAC LE collection..... i can't wait until they arrive in aussie.. i mean... it always takes them quite a while to arrive after the US official release dates..

i'm saving up some money to get the lot....

~Crystal~

I'm quite surprised that Petticoat isn't showing up on the paler girls here- I own it from the first release, and while mine has massive veining (which I actually try to avoid!!) Petticoat DEFINATELY shows up well on me. I'm NW15 for reference. In fact, I've been neglecting my mineralized blushes (Dainty, Love Thing, Merrily and Gentle!) in favour of petticoat these past few weeks!

I actually find it to be gorgeous- especially when I have a few imperfections to cover on the cheeks. I've found that if I apply blush in those areas, sometimes it tends to make it more obvious, even though I've concealed it and everything
ssad.gif

Petticoat adds are really nice 'softening' kind of effect to areas like that so that it is much less obvious (on me anyway!) Perhaps it depends on how you apply it? I apply mine with the 188 and buff it in heapss. It shows up really dark on me if I use other brushes! Otherwise, it shows up on me as a kind of transclucent pink glow!! Makes my skin looks heaapps healthier than it is lol!

The only other MSF which seems to do this on me, would be Light Flush (which is why I usually use that on top of blushes...)

I wonder why Petticoat is so different on me, though we are both so pale!! It is definately one of my most pigmented MSFs after Metal Rock!! Even Stereo Rose comes in after Petticoat for me!!

I've applied petticoat on my darker friends, and it looks even better on them than it does on me!! I put it on my friend once and went out to dinner- spent all night staring at her cheeks thinking DAMN that looks nice on her... I wish it did that for me =\ I would estimate that she's about an NC25. Have another friend who loves it (gave it to her as a birthday present about a year ago) and she's heappss darker (darker than Medium Dark MSFN) and it works perfectly on her too
smiles.gif

Paramnesia

I just got Nars orgasm today and i prefer it much more than petticoat, I find it can look a little orangy in a bad way on me. It also highlights imperfections for me whereas orgasm doesn't look to bad. (i have a horrible bump on my check thats taking forever to heal).

~Crystal~

Ahh well each to their own I suppose. I've had orgasm for ages, but I just never seem to reach for it. It's pretty though. I just got bumps like that recently too.. they're painful and take ages to go away!
ssad.gif

If you guys don't like your petticoats, send them my way lol!! I've been trying and trying to hunt one down, but none of my local counters seem to have gotten it in, or have already sold out of it!! arrghh!

miss_bailey

Ehh I would love to ahve petticoat in my collection but now im thinking if they dont call me I'll just let that be that, I dont really think it would show up on my skintone anyway and im into peach blushes rather than pink.

And @Casandra-ellen, you should deff ask for brushes!

sambibabe

Quote:
I'm quite surprised that Petticoat isn't showing up on the paler girls here

Crystal- I don't think you read my other post
smiles.gif
. I apply MSF with the lightest hand as heavy application tends to magnify all my pores and it doesn't show much colour. However, when I use my favorite Orgasm/Pink Swoon/Stark Naked, I can see the colour more,even with the lightest application. I just use MSF to creat the 'glow', and if I wanted some colour on my cheeks, I would prefer to use blushes that have more pigments.

By the way.. How annoying is that MAC pricing is going up in US.. Do you think MAC Australia will increase the princing in January as well?